Load test / Stress test web api

Abraham Shilon

Mar 29, 2020, 10:06:49 AM3/29/20
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

We are developing a new, very simple, ASP.NET Core Web API that contains a single action method, but this single method should at the beginning handle about 500 concurrent users, while later on it should be able to handle thousands of concurrent  users. We have no experience in load testing / stress testing web apis, so any help would be appreciated. What tools are you guys using? What would be your recommendation?

best regards,
Avraham Shilon

Arnon Danon

Mar 29, 2020, 4:15:10 PM3/29/20
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Although i have very little expiriance with what you trying to do, i have encountered and work a little bit with apache JMeter, im sure guys here can defintly give you better advices but this is a tool i think can do what you are trying to acheive.
I hope to learn and here about interesting tools too

Abraham Shilon

Mar 30, 2020, 4:13:35 AM3/30/20
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
OK, Arnon thanks for the quick response. I'll take a look into that. Any more input would be appreciated. Thanks :-)

Leon Gitis

Mar 30, 2020, 6:51:47 AM3/30/20
to altnetisrael
Hi,
I would like to suggest another tool called Bombardier (written in golang):

It is very simple, powerful and easy to setup. Just download and run it with arguments.

If you need to bomb with only one request, it will be prefect for you.

Thanks,
Leon