ALT.NET March 2020 - Call for Speakers!

Shay Friedman

Feb 3, 2020, 5:00:41 AM2/3/20
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi!!

It’s me again! :)
Good news - we have a venue!! It’s the Natural Intelligence office at Toha, Tel Aviv. Thanks Ohad for the help!

The date of the event is 25/03/2020 18:00-21:00.
In the next 10 days (until the end of next week) I’m collecting session proposals. I’m aiming for three 30 minute sessions during the event.

So... if you have a cool idea for a 30 minute session, please send it my way
Keep the sessions technological or technology-life related.

Go go go!!!

Thanks!
Shay.
——————
Freelance code consultant & instructor

Boris Modylevsky

Feb 4, 2020, 4:51:24 AM2/4/20
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
I can talk about:

Message Queuing made easy with MassTransit

Ken Egozi

Feb 4, 2020, 10:51:21 AM2/4/20
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
What's new in WinForms ;)

Thank you so much Shai for arranging such a wonderful surprise party for my birthday, sadly I won't be able to attend.

Shay Friedman

Feb 4, 2020, 10:53:51 AM2/4/20
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Everything I do, I do for you, Ken!

Uri Goldstein

Feb 4, 2020, 1:53:41 PM2/4/20
to altnetisrael
Get a room you two!

I can present Michael Feathers' "The Legacy Code Change Algorithm".

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020, 12:00 Shay Friedman <shay.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!!

It’s me again! :)
Good news - we have a venue!! It’s the Natural Intelligence office at Toha, Tel Aviv. Thanks Ohad for the help!

The date of the event is 25/03/2020 18:00-21:00.
In the next 10 days (until the end of next week) I’m collecting session proposals. I’m aiming for three 30 minute sessions during the event.

So... if you have a cool idea for a 30 minute session, please send it my way
Keep the sessions technological or technology-life related.

Go go go!!!

Thanks!
Shay.
——————
Freelance code consultant & instructor

Roy Osherove

Feb 4, 2020, 2:23:39 PM2/4/20
to altnetisrael
I'm sitting here quietly, noting down everyone who didn't respond to my ask for talks on the CD/XP meetup......
No, I'm not bitter at all..!!
What magic does shay posses that I do not??

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/altnetisrael/e0a5eab1-8499-4a58-a7f0-1f15466ce82e%40googlegroups.com.

--
Thanks,

Roy Osherove

   - @RoyOsherove
   - Author of "The Art Of Unit Testing"http://ArtOfUnitTesting.com )
   - My blog for team leaders: http://5Whys.com
   - My favorite keyboard shortcuts: http://key.bo
   - +972-524-655388 (GMT+2)

Shay Friedman

Feb 5, 2020, 2:48:47 AM2/5/20
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
They’re afraid... I’ve been working on my Kim Jong Un persona for decades!

Uri Goldstein

Feb 5, 2020, 8:47:36 AM2/5/20
to altnetisrael
First of all - may I offer my talk on the legacy change algorithm as a candidate for the next CD/XP meetup?

Secondly, may I suggest this insight - Your call to action was for speakers to call you on the phone. Speaking as a Millenial myself, that poses too high a barrier for entry. How do you actually do that with modern day smartphones anyway? :D

ArielBH

Feb 5, 2020, 9:01:37 AM2/5/20
to altnetisrael
I may be able to do a slightly censored version of my talk:
“They put a .NET guy into an Angular project, you wouldn't believe what happened next!”

Roy Osherove

Feb 5, 2020, 10:17:06 AM2/5/20
to altnetisrael
Interesting.... yes I'd love to have you.
BTW we're looking for a place to host in April!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/altnetisrael/e98c982a-4599-46ab-bfee-efeab8bd5d91%40googlegroups.com.

Shay Friedman

Feb 12, 2020, 7:03:46 AM2/12/20
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Reminder - the call for speakers ends by the end of the week! On Sunday I’ll publish the session poll.
Please send your proposals (if you have any) to me until then!

Toda!
Shay.