Call for Sessions for ALT.NET Night December 17

Shay Friedman

Nov 6, 2017, 2:35:24 AM11/6/17
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

We have a date and venue for the upcoming ALT.NET meetup - Monday, December 11th at Gigya offices in Azrieli center, Tel Aviv.

There will be three sessions of 30 minutes each. There will be no mercy this time - 30 minutes max

So... please reply to this thread with your session proposals. On Sunday we'll start voting.

Go go go!

<3
Shay.

_____________
Shay Friedman
CTO & Co-Founder @ Pickspace

Sasha Goldshtein

Nov 6, 2017, 2:52:26 AM11/6/17
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Two options:

CLRMD, the automatic debugging API. This talk consists of 80% coding, working with the CLRMD library to analyze dump files, extract exception information, dump stack traces of running processes without suspension, search for individual objects on the managed heap, and a lot of other cool things that can revolutionize production-time debugging and dump analysis.

.NET Core diagnostics on Linux. This talk explores how Linux performance tools can be used for profiling .NET Core applications, and how core dump analysis works. We will also see how to run a completely standalone .NET app in a minimal container without a shared .NET installation or any compile-time dependencies, and how to profile it from the host.

Sasha

Roy Osherove

Nov 6, 2017, 5:14:04 AM11/6/17
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Not sure it fits the group. You tell me.
Nine lessons learned from implementing CD in huge enterprises.
--
Thanks,

Roy Osherove

   - @RoyOsherove
   - Author of "The Art Of Unit Testing"http://ArtOfUnitTesting.com )
   - My blog for team leaders: http://5Whys.com
   - My favorite keyboard shortcuts: http://key.bo
   - +972-524-655388 (GMT+2)

Igal Tabachnik

Nov 6, 2017, 5:21:55 AM11/6/17
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
A talk about OSS dev tools or discussing CD in huge enterprises... which one could possibly fit better to the spirit of "ALT.NET"(!)

Anyway... enjoy, I won't post here anymore :)

On Nov 6, 2017, at 09:35, Shay Friedman <shay.f...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all!

We have a date and venue for the upcoming ALT.NET meetup - Monday, December 11th at Gigya offices in Azrieli center, Tel Aviv.

There will be three sessions of 30 minutes each. There will be no mercy this time - 30 minutes max

So... please reply to this thread with your session proposals. On Sunday we'll start voting.

Go go go!

<3
Shay.

Thanks,

Roy Osherove

   - @RoyOsherove
   - Author of "The Art Of Unit Testing"http://ArtOfUnitTesting.com )
   - My blog for team leaders: http://5Whys.com
   - My favorite keyboard shortcuts: http://key.bo
   - +972-524-655388 (GMT+2)

Eyal Ellenbogen

Nov 6, 2017, 9:04:12 AM11/6/17
to altnetisrael
ASP.NET Core SignalR - Socket to me!

SignalR is a library for real-time web functionality. In this session, we'll go over setting up a basic SignalR hub and use it to communicate with clients.

It's basically a revisit of my alt.net session from a few years ago. SignalR 2 is a complete rewrite of the first version. The APIs are similar but some things have changed... mostly for the better.

Boris Modylevsky

Nov 6, 2017, 3:13:00 PM11/6/17
to altnet...@googlegroups.com

Continuous Delivery with Relational Database - not a myth!

Practices and tools for evolving development of database schema from dev machine to production.

Nir Rozen

Nov 9, 2017, 5:45:09 PM11/9/17
to altnetisrael
I can do a short session on mutation testing in C# using Roslyn, a method of uncovering functional gaps in your tests.

Shay Friedman

Nov 12, 2017, 3:41:01 AM11/12/17
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Good morning all! Voting will start on 13:00, so you have around 2 and a half hours to propose more sessions.

_____________
Shay Friedman
CTO & Co-Founder @ Pickspace

omri fima

Nov 12, 2017, 4:06:49 AM11/12/17
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
i can do an intro to ReactJS.net

Roy Osherove

Nov 12, 2017, 7:15:11 AM11/12/17
to altnetisrael
how do you vote?

Shay Friedman

Nov 12, 2017, 7:16:58 AM11/12/17
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
In the link I will send in a few minutes :)

_____________
Shay Friedman
CTO & Co-Founder @ Pickspace

Amir Halatzi

Nov 13, 2017, 9:26:14 AM11/13/17
to altnetisrael
Is registration required? If so where?

Shay Friedman

Nov 13, 2017, 9:27:36 AM11/13/17
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Registration will open on Sunday. Though it is not required, it's mainly for us to know how many people to expect (and to have enough food/drinks/seats).

_____________
Shay Friedman
CTO & Co-Founder @ Pickspace

Ken Egozi

Nov 13, 2017, 12:13:59 PM11/13/17
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Who's gonna facebook-live the sessions?

Uri Goldstein

Nov 15, 2017, 2:31:42 AM11/15/17
to altnetisrael
I volunteer but not sure what's required technically.

Will hooking up my video cam to a laptop be suitable? Will FB also record for us?