[altnet-beers-north] A quick request for venue ideas

Russell Garner

Apr 16, 2010, 10:21:41 AM4/16/10
to ALTdotNET Beers North
Hi folks,

My apologies, but I appear to have left it too late to book the
Victoria Hotel for the 22nd. I've also tried ringing the Adelphi,
they won't reserve even a couple of tables at peak times. There are a
couple of things we can do about this:

1) Accept that we won't necessarily be able to bugger about with
laptops but turn up, have a beer and some geeky talk (same as last)
2) Cast about for some decent venue ideas on here.

I'm suggesting 2) first, and then 1) as a fallback position ;)

Cheers,

Russ

Caius Durling

Apr 16, 2010, 10:36:36 AM4/16/10
to altnet-be...@googlegroups.com
On 16 Apr 2010, at 15:21, Russell Garner wrote:

> 2) Cast about for some decent venue ideas on here.

Mr Foley's on the Headrow. There's a few other geek meets there every month, good selection of beers, and you can usually book the back room or balcony.

---
Caius Durling
ca...@caius.name
+44 (0) 7960 268 100
http://caius.name/

Russell Garner

Apr 16, 2010, 11:23:33 AM4/16/10
On 16 April 2010 15:36, Caius Durling <ca...@caius.name> wrote:
On 16 Apr 2010, at 15:21, Russell Garner wrote:

> 2) Cast about for some decent venue ideas on here.

Mr Foley's on the Headrow. There's a few other geek meets there every month, good selection of beers, and you can usually book the back room or balcony.

Great suggestion.  Just booked 6.30 on the 22nd in Mr. Foley's.  Not too far from the "usual" venue either.

Cheers Caius!

Martin Button

Apr 20, 2010, 5:23:23 AM4/20/10
to altnet-be...@googlegroups.com

Well, I’m stranded in a 4* all inclusive hotel in Morocco, sheer hell, so I’m not going to be able to make it. I won’t be thinking of you while I lay by the pool either, sorry.

Russell Garner

Apr 20, 2010, 6:10:43 AM4/20/10
On 20 April 2010 10:23, Martin Button <martin...@button-it.co.uk> wrote:

Well, I’m stranded in a 4* all inclusive hotel in Morocco, sheer hell, so I’m not going to be able to make it. I won’t be thinking of you while I lay by the pool either, sorry.

Well the Morocco part is believable.  But you're thinking of me in bed *and* by the pool, admit it.

Chris Lekkas

Apr 20, 2010, 6:23:21 AM4/20/10
to altnet-be...@googlegroups.com
I dont think anyone would ever think of you and your scrawny pale skin by the pool Russ

James Gregory

Apr 21, 2010, 4:33:14 AM4/21/10
to altnet-be...@googlegroups.com
Alas, I'm in a similar situation to Martin. Completely helpless in France, stuck in a private villa; it's horrible, nothing but sun and BBQs. :(