Funding for Altmetrics project: applications deadline 6th November

altmetricsconf

Nov 5, 2014, 8:38:50 AM11/5/14
to altme...@googlegroups.com
A reminder that tomorrow is the deadline for altmetrics project funding available via the 1:AM conference:

With the generous support of Thomson Reuters we are pleased to announce an open call for applications for project funding for workshops, research, or other similar activities in the altmetrics space.

For example, you might want to:

  • Run a session for your post-grads to demonstrate how altmetrics can help them identify how the articles they are reading were more widely received (so need funding for refreshments, materials, promotion etc)
  • Send a member of your team to a conference with a strong altmetrics theme
  • Do some research yourself (or support others) into what you can find out about a given set of publications, or indeed conduct a study with a broader scope

These are just a few ideas – we want to hear about the things you want to do, and hope that the funding on offer will be able to support the development of these where otherwise there might not be budget.

We’ll be taking applications until 6th November 2014 – to submit your project or research funding request please email altmetr...@gmail.com, and include details of:

  • You, and your organization
  • What you would like to use the money for, and how much you think you would need
  • A timeframe for your project
  • The outcomes (perhaps a write up of your workshop, a poster presentation or talk at a conference)

We’ll review the proposals and notify the selected applicants by mid-November.