Issue with VT100 emulator output

Christopher Bock

May 22, 2024, 12:30:21 PMMay 22
to Altair-Duino
The only issue I seem to be having with my new Altair Duino Pro is with the VT100 terminal emulator output. The first character of each line justified to the left side of the screen is missing. It's like the terminal is printing from the second character on only. So the startup text for the terminal says 'SCII', 'opyright', and 'SB' for the first word in each line instead of 'ASCII', 'Copyright', and 'USB' This happens when I run 4K BASIC as well. I'm greeted with the EMORY SIZE? instead of MEMORY SIZE. And when I type anything into the interpreter I can't see the first character I type. Are certain VGA monitors not compatible with this setup?

Chris Davis

May 22, 2024, 1:23:29 PMMay 22
to Altair-Duino
Adjust your monitor's horizontal alignment.

Christopher Bock

May 22, 2024, 1:50:02 PMMay 22
to Altair-Duino
Yep. That was it. Thank you! Apparently digital video has spoiled me and possibly made me forget a few things...

Mark Cohen

May 22, 2024, 2:06:46 PMMay 22
to Christopher Bock, Altair-Duino
You probably need to adjust the horizontal position of the monitor