Cassette Interface (88-ACR) Kits for Sale

Jason Jacques

Jun 29, 2024, 6:10:47 PMJun 29
to Altair-Duino
Hi all,

    tl;dr: surplus altair-duino cassette interface card kits, £10/ea + shipping (£2.70 UK; ~£10 international)

I've assembled the Cassette Interface (88-ACR) for the Altair-Duino from David's Github, which works great. I've been able to load 8K BASIC using Mike's boot loader and audio file, as well as save and load BASIC programs via the card. However, between JLCPCB and AliExpress I've ended up with five of (almost) everything.

I was wondering if anyone in the group would like a Cassette Interface card "kit" for cost + postage?

In total I've paid just over £50 getting all the parts together. So, happy to let four complete kits go for £10 each, plus postage. I'm in the UK, so for UK buyers postage would be £2.70 extra. For international buyers postage would be somewhere around £10 extra (so probably not worth it, YMMV).

I've attached a photo of my finished card, and what would be included in the kit (i.e. the parts and the PCB). Note that I have an assortment of capacitors and resistors so the exact ones provided may vary.

I can provide the ATMega328 pre-programmed, or could knock a couple of quid off if you have your own ATMega chip already. Equally, I'd be happy to assemble (and test) the cards for a small additional fee.

This is not a commercial endeavour for me. Just hoping to save other hobbyists from having to source all the bits separately.

Best wishes,

Jason Jacques

IMG_8703.jpg

Christopher Bock

Jun 30, 2024, 1:40:33 PMJun 30
to Altair-Duino
Very interested. I'm in Florida, but very very willing to pay whatever you need for international postage.
Please let me know! Thanks!

Jason Jacques

Jul 1, 2024, 5:51:54 PMJul 1
to Altair-Duino
For US buyers, Chris has now added his own copies of the kit to his site. I think, all in, it may be marginally cheaper from me, but you might prefer to source a kit from him. For people outside the US, I do have a couple of kits left.

Best wishes, Jason

Mark Cohen

Jul 1, 2024, 6:43:34 PMJul 1
to jtja...@gmail.com, altair...@googlegroups.com