More expansion slots?

Hendrik Magilsen

May 20, 2024, 8:16:10 PMMay 20
to Altair-Duino
Has anyone added an expanded back plane, or otherwise added additional slots for their experimenter?  I'm adding cards and the five slots seem to fill up pretty quickly.  Wondering if I can simply make an expansion back plane and daisy chain them together with a ribbon cable to get a few more slots :-).

Chris Davis

May 20, 2024, 8:23:57 PMMay 20
to Altair-Duino
Yes you can.  If you look at the schematic you'll see each connector has the same pins.  There is no reason you can't connect multiple backplanes together (other than perhaps exceeding the available power).

Hendrik Magilsen

May 22, 2024, 10:53:37 AMMay 22
to Altair-Duino
Awesome,  Thanks!