Arduino DUE not recognized in windows

Christopher Bock

May 28, 2024, 3:48:17 PMMay 28
to Altair-Duino
  1. Arudino DUE not recognized in Windows. My AltairDuino isn't getting recognized by windows on two different computers. I have arduino IDE installed on both machines and have the DUE driver setup, but I can't get the DUE to recognize in Device manager or get assigned a COM port. Just shows up as an unrecognized device.
I haven't tried yet in Linux.

Any ideas?

John Galt

May 28, 2024, 3:55:37 PMMay 28
to Altair-Duino
check to make sure that the usb cable your using is a data cable.

i had a Power connector USB to mini USB type that was not connecting because i grabbed it off a power brick and just thought they were all the same.

i then grabbed the connector off a digital camera and then it connected and showed a com port.

Chris Davis

May 28, 2024, 3:56:57 PMMay 28
to Altair-Duino
Have you tried a different cable?  There are cables that are made for charging only, and not for sync/charge.

Christopher Bock

May 28, 2024, 4:17:37 PMMay 28
to Altair-Duino
I used the cable that came with the kit. And I tried one other cable that I use as a data cable from something else, thinking that perhaps the cable supplied was for power only for some reason. Neither worked.

Christopher Bock

May 28, 2024, 4:28:19 PMMay 28
to Altair-Duino
Ok. I went and borrowed a cable from my Playstation VR and it worked. It would appear that even certain USB cables that are used for data don't work with the DUE. This confuses me as I bet if it ripped open either of those cables that didn't work I'd find both the power, ground, and TX/RX lines...