ALTA 2017 Wrap-up (Please provide feedback in the link!)

Stephen Wan

Dec 10, 2017, 8:46:29 PM12/10/17
to alta-a...@googlegroups.com, alta...@googlegroups.com
Dear ALTA 2017 participants and the larger ALTA community,

*** YOUR ACTION ITEM: Feedback on ALTA 2017 and organisation of ALTA 2018:  http://bit.ly/2k5BvBy ***

I would like to thank everyone involved in ALTA 2017 for another successful workshop held this year in Brisbane at QUT.  In particular, I'd like to thank:

- My ALTA co-chair: Jojo Wong
- ALTA Programme Chairs: Jojo Wong, Reza Haffari
- Local Organiser (ADCS): Guido Zuccon
- ADCS organisers: Bevan Koopman, Mark Carman, Guido Zuccon
- ALTA Keynote speakers: Lewis Mitchell, Robert Dale
- Tutorial speakers: Ben Hachey
- Shared task organisation: Diego Molla,  Steve Cassidy
- Session chairs: Massimo Piccardi, Cecile Paris, Mark Dras, Reza Haffari, Falk Scholer, and Diego Molla-Aliod
- the reviewers and student volunteers

and of course, the authors and participants!

I would also like to thank the sponsors of ALTA 2017: (Gold) Sintelix, CMCRC; (Silver) CSIRO Data61, Google, and (Venue Services) QUT.  Without their generous support, we would not have been able to put together such a wonderful programme.

The programme was a great one this year.  Please look online at http://alta2017.alta.asn.au which will point to the permanent ACL Anthology archive location shortly.

We're very keen to have your feedback on the organisation of ALTA 2017.  Please visit http://bit.ly/2k5BvBy  to provide feedback on this year's workshop and the organisation of next year's workshop (you can give feedback on next year's organisation even if you didn't attend ATLA 2017).

Have a safe and enjoyable holiday break,

Stephen Wan
President of ALTA