FW: AGI-17 Melbourne, Aug 2017: Paper Submission Deadline is 3 Weeks Away!

Karin Verspoor

Apr 14, 2017, 12:20:14 AM4/14/17
to alta...@googlegroups.com

This may be of interest.

Best regards,

Karin

On 10/04/2017, 2:22 AM, "AGI Society" <agi-s...@listbox.com> wrote:

Pardon the intrusion, but we feel this is important -- what could be more important than Artificial General Intelligence?

That's right; we are writing to invite you to participate in the 10th Annual Conference on Artificial General Intelligence, AGI-17,

http://agi-conf.org/2017

which will be held in Melbourne, Australia (August 15-18, 2017), immediately preceding the IJCAI-17 conference.

And we are writing to remind you that the deadline for submitting papers is coming up: it's April 25, just a few weeks away.

Our amazing keynotes this year include: Dileep George of Vicarious Systems, Marcus Hutter (the inventor of Universal AI), Peter Cheeseman on self-modifying AGI systems, and Christian Calude on AGI and trans-Turing computation.   What a wild mix of ideas!

This is an unprecedentedly exciting time to be working in the AGI field. Today, in 2017, the quest to create AI systems with general intelligence at the human level and beyond is taken more seriously by a broader community than ever before.  There has been no better time in history to gather together with other AGI researchers and learn and discuss and share together, regarding how best to take the next steps toward advanced artificial general intelligence.

And if you’ve been waiting for an excuse to visit amazing Australia, this is it!

There will be a most-of-one-day workshop on "Understanding Understanding" -- exploring once again the boundary of AGI and cognitive science.  See http://www.agi-conf.org/2017/workshops/  for details!

Three tutorials will also be held (see http://www.agi-conf.org/2017/tutorials/):

* AGI and Consciousness by Naotsugu Tsuchiya, Ryota Kanai, and Jakob Hohwy

*
Cross-Paradigm AGI: How Cognitive, Deep, Probabilistic and Universal AI can Contribute to Each Other, by Alexey Potapov

* Toward a Grand Unified Theory of AGI: A Survey of Approaches, by Ben Goertzel

We look forward to seeing you in Melbourne!

Yours,

AGI-17 Conference Chair:
— Ben Goertzel, OpenCog Foundation

Program Committee Chairs
— Alexey Potapov, St. Petersburg University
— Tom Everitt, Australian National University

Organizing Committee
— Adam Ford, OpenCog Foundation (local co-chair)
— Kevin Korb, Monash University (local co-chair)
— Matt Ikle’, Adams State University

AGI Conference Series Chairs:
— Ben Goertzel, OpenCog Foundation
— Marcus Hutter, Australian National University