Re: Error in downloading species databases

Nathan Salomonis

Feb 3, 2019, 6:07:38 PM2/3/19
to aalsha...@gmail.com, Alternative Splicing and Functional Prediction
It appears that the attached file is missing from the folder Config. We will fix this tomorrow. For now, save this file to your Config folder in the AltAnalhze program directory.

version.txt

aalsha...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2019, 6:31:41 PM2/3/19
to Alternative Splicing and Functional Prediction
Dear Nathan

I downloaded Altanalzye on my win PC, I tried several times to download homo sapiens database, the program downloads the database unzip it and update it. and when I lunch the program to run my matrices the program ask to download the database again and if I press continue an error message appears (See the logfile ….. AltAnalyze.exelog for details).

I have tried to google the error but I have not found any answer.  Would it be possible to let me know what should I do to overcome this issue, please.

Let me know if you need more information, please.

Thank yo so much and I truly appreciate all of your efforts
AltAnalyze.exe.log

Nathan Salomonis

Feb 4, 2019, 11:42:12 AM2/4/19
to Alternative Splicing and Functional Prediction
I wonder if the program is being extracted to an accessible location on your computer. Can you make sure the program is unzipped to your Desktop for testing. Also, can you send a screenshot of your AltDatabase folder and EnsMart72 folder (within that folder) once the database is downloaded?
Best,
Nathan

Nathan Salomonis

Feb 5, 2019, 8:16:07 AM2/5/19
to aalsha...@gmail.com, Alternative Splicing and Functional Prediction
To confirm, you are not just opening the zip and running as you can do this but technically you are still inside a zip file. Rather, the contents need to be explicitly extracted somewhere (open the zip file and then drag the contents to a location).

Best,
Nathan

On Feb 5, 2019, at 3:45 AM, aalsha...@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Nathan

Thank you of your response and help I truly appreciate it

I downloaded the tool on my Windows PC in the Document Folder. I unzip it and I used the exe. file to lunch the software.

Attached the prtsc

Let me know If you need more information, please.

Thank you once again

Best wishes,