Error AltAnalyze Viewer

vbadillol...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2019, 10:08:59 AM2/19/19
to Alternative Splicing and Functional Prediction
Dear Nathan,

First of all, thanks for keeping AltAnalyze running and updated :-)

I have a problem with AltAnalyze Viewer on my Win10, which I didn't have in previous versions.When I try to visualize my RNAseq results, the screen freezes showing only the summary table, while the links to the rest of the results remain non-responsive. When closing the viewer, it shows the following error (also when no data is imported for visualization):

C:\Users\vbadill\Documents\AltAnalyze_v.2.1.2-Win64\AltAnalyzeViewer.exe:295: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Append instead.

C:\Users\vbadill\Documents\AltAnalyze_v.2.1.2-Win64\AltAnalyzeViewer.exe:302: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Append instead.

I couldn't find an obvious solution to this issue by googling, so it would be really great if you could comment on it.

Thanks,

Victor Badillo

MDC-Berlin

PS: By the way, in addition to the "version.txt" file missing in the config folder, it might be useful to share an additional error while running my bam files:

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:/Users/vbadill/Documents/AltAnalyze_v.2.1.2-Win64/AltDatabase/EnsMart72/goelite/OBO/builds/go_annotations.txt'

This I could solve by copying "builds" folder from AltAnalyze_v.2.1.2-Win64\AltDatabase\goelite\OBO to AltAnalyze_v.2.1.2-Win64\AltDatabase\EnsMart72\goelite\OB.

Nathan Salomonis

Feb 19, 2019, 12:19:50 PM2/19/19
to Alternative Splicing and Functional Prediction, Stuart Hay, Victor Badillo Lisakowski
Hi Victor,

Which species is this?

For the AltAnalyze viewer, is the result reproducible? Are you selecting the AltAnalyze output directory? Sometimes you have to double click on the results directory before opening it in the software, but freezing is a different issue we haven't seen. I have CC'ed the developer here.

Best,
Nathan

Victor Badillo Lisakowski

Feb 22, 2019, 1:29:58 AM2/22/19
to Alternative Splicing and Functional Prediction
Hi Nathan,

I'm working with mouse bulk RNAseq data.

Yes, I'm selecting the output directory (see attached pic). In fact I can navigate through the different subfolders, but neither clicking or double-clicking generates a response and it just displays the summary table. This is happening in two different computers (Win7 and Win10), and I'm using the same output folder that worked perfectly fine with the previous version of the software.

Screenshot_1.png

This is how the log file looks after my last round of clickings:

C:\Users\vbadill\Desktop\Test_Altanalyze\AltAnalyze_v.2.1.2-Win64\AltAnalyzeViewer.exe:295: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Append instead.
C:\Users\vbadill\Desktop\Test_Altanalyze\AltAnalyze_v.2.1.2-Win64\AltAnalyzeViewer.exe:302: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Append instead.
C:\Users\vbadill\Desktop\Test_Altanalyze\AltAnalyze_v.2.1.2-Win64\AltAnalyzeViewer.exe:295: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Append instead.
C:\Users\vbadill\Desktop\Test_Altanalyze\AltAnalyze_v.2.1.2-Win64\AltAnalyzeViewer.exe:302: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Append instead.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "AltAnalyzeViewer.py", line 763, in OnOpen
  File "AltAnalyzeViewer.py", line 751, in getDatasetVariables
wx._core.wxAssertionError: C++ assertion "!m_created" failed at ..\..\src\generic\grid.cpp(2303) in wxGrid::CreateGrid(): wxGrid::CreateGrid or wxGrid::SetTable called more than once
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "AltAnalyzeViewer.py", line 763, in OnOpen
  File "AltAnalyzeViewer.py", line 751, in getDatasetVariables
wx._core.wxAssertionError: C++ assertion "!m_created" failed at ..\..\src\generic\grid.cpp(2303) in wxGrid::CreateGrid(): wxGrid::CreateGrid or wxGrid::SetTable called more than once
C:\Users\vbadill\Desktop\Test_Altanalyze\AltAnalyze_v.2.1.2-Win64\AltAnalyzeViewer.exe:898: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. The TreeItemData class no longer exists, just pass your object directly to the tree instead.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again,

Victor

Nathan Salomonis

Feb 22, 2019, 10:40:15 AM2/22/19
to Alternative Splicing and Functional Prediction, Victor Badillo Lisakowski, Stuart Hay
Thank you Victor, we will look into it.

hui...@ualberta.ca

Mar 8, 2019, 7:57:37 AM3/8/19
to Alternative Splicing and Functional Prediction
Hello Nathan,

I have the some problem, even I used MacOS Mojave system (v10.14.3). The same problem also happened in another Mac pro with OS X Yosemite system. (v10.10.5). Could you help to solve this problem? Thanks!

Kind regards,
Huizeng

Nathan Salomonis

Mar 8, 2019, 4:39:01 PM3/8/19
to Alternative Splicing and Functional Prediction, Huizeng Sun, Victor Badillo Lisakowski
Hi Huizeng,

I think we understand the problem... Just carrying over the previous build of the viewer didn't work, however, if you run the previous viewer directory through a separate installation of AltAnalyze (version 2.1.0), the viewer should work fine from that separate download.

Best,
Nathan