The core of the teachings

dmc...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2005, 7:43:49 PM1/10/05
We were enclosed in a wall made of one thousand
wooden planks. One day our Teacher walked over,
tore loose the 637th plank, and used it to smash
down the wall. Then he went to lunch.

We were amazed! We took the 637th plank and stood
it back up on end. "The 637th plank is the core of
the Teachings!", we said, and we looked upon it in
wonder and awe.

Now some of us are saying "No, no, it's not the
plank itself that's important, it's the way that
the Teacher held it. The Grip is the core of the
Teachings!".
But the Teacher is still at lunch, so we can't
ask him.

DC

Julianlzb87

Jan 10, 2005, 7:55:35 PM1/10/05

Is the moral of this story that one should only get a teacher
who brings sandwiches to work?

Julianlzb87

dmc...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2005, 8:06:57 PM1/10/05

Julianlzb87 wrote:
> Is the moral of this story that one should only get a teacher
> who brings sandwiches to work?

Along the riverbank
Under the trees
I discover footprints!