Haushofer and Hitler: Green Dragon Zen +^

Disbasing Zen Stories

Apr 25, 2022, 2:35:24 AM4/25/22

Toxic Zen Story #2: Green Dragon Zen, General Karl Haushofer and Adolph Hitler.

So, how did Hitler get that way anyhow? Karl Haushofer.

. 'Some authors claim that, while in Japan, Haushofer was
. active in the ultra-secret Green Dragon Society, whose
. members were under oath to commit ritual suicide if
. faced with dishonor. After the war Haushofer was among
. the Nazi members to be put to trial before the
. Nuremberg War Crimes Tribunal. But Professor Haushofer
. never went to trial. After killing his wife, Karl
. Haushofer committed suicide in the traditional Japanese
. way, cutting his intestines with a sharp samurai short
. sword, in a personal, formal ceremony called seppuku
. (commonly known as hara- kiri).'

From "The Swastika and the Nazis - The Haushofer Connection"

____ Background for Toxic Zen Stories _____________________

https://groups.google.com/group/alt.zen/msg/b4ad0ce368728934?hl=en

____ Introduction ________________________________________

Dogen (1200-1253): The founder of the Japanese Soto school of Zen.
Dogen would quote the Lotus Sutra, but did not consider it any differently from other sutras of the Buddha, this in spite of the Buddha's own admonition to consider it higher than the previous (Sutra of Immeasurable Meanings and before) and following sutras (Nirvana Sutra and later). Hence, only provisional truth and partial enlightenment could be had from it by him. The kind of enlightenment that leads to compassionless domination of others ... as mere, empty extensions of one's own Solipsistic body.

Dogen was popular with the government, because his teachings removed the compassion from Samurai and Daimyo, rendering them fierce and merciless warriors, who would shun no tactic to win, no matter how vile.

From "Nazi Cult Beliefs - (3) The German Vril":
(http://www.mystae.com/restricted/streams/masons/nazi.html)

. 'A frequent visitor to Landsberg prison where Hitler was
. writing Mein Kampf with the help of Rudolf Hess, was
. General Karl Haushofer, a university professor and
. director of the Munich Institute of Geopolitics.
. Haushofer, Hitler, and Hess had long conversations
. together. Hess also kept records of these
. conversations. Hitler's demands for German "living
. space" in the east at the expense of the Slavic nations
. were based on the geopolitical theories of the learned
. professor. Haushofer was also inclined toward the
. esoteric. As military attache in Japan, he had studied
. Zen-Buddhism. He had also gone through initiations at
. the hands of Tibetan lamas. He became Hitler's second
. "esoteric mentor", replacing Dietrich Eckart.'
.
. - Wulf Schwartzwaller, The Unknown Hitler

Eckart was an occultist and magician leader of the Thule Society who was certainly the earliest corrupting influence on Hitler's psyche. But after Eckart's death and meeting Haushofer, Adolph took a hard right turn to become the first Nazi.

In "The Morning of the Magicians" (1960; 279) by Louis Pauwels and Jacques Bergier they write:

. 'Occultism teaches that, after concluding a pact with hidden
. forces, the members of the group cannot evoke these forces
. save through the intermediary of a magician who, in turn,
. can do nothing without a medium. It would seem therefore
. that Hitler must have been the medium, and Haushofer the
. magician. Rudolf Hess had been Haushofer's assistant when
. the latter was a professor at the University of Munich.'
.
. 'It was he who had brought Haushofer and Hitler together.
. His flight to England during the war was the result of
. Haushofer having told him that he had seen him in a dream
. flying to England in an airplane. In one of the rare moments
. of lucidity which his inexplicable malady allowed him the
. prisoner Hess, the last survivor of the Thule Group, is said
. to have stated formally that Haushofer was the magician, the
. secret Master. (see Jack Fishman: The Seven Men of
. Spandau.)'

Hitler also adopted the Buddhist suwastika (the symbol of positive rotation) and reversed it into the direction of evil, to drive home the point. He also liked Tibetan Buddhism, which is the source of Aryanism (http://www.crystalinks.com/hitler.html).

. 'Another important mystical organization behind the
. formation of Nazism was the "Vril" Society, which had
. been named after a book by Lord Bulward Litton - an
. English Rosicrucian. Litton's book told the story of an
. Aryan "super race" coming the Earth.' - William
. Bramley, The Gods of Eden
.
. 'In Berlin, Haushofer had founded the Luminous Lodge or
. the Vril Society. The Lodge's objective was to explore
. the origins of the Aryan race and to perform exercises
. in concentration to awaken the forces of "Vril".
. Haushofer was a student of the Russian magician and
. metaphysician Gregor Ivanovich Gurdyev (George
. Gurdjieff). Both Gurdjieff and Haushofer maintained
. that they had contacts with secret Tibetan lodges that
. possessed the secret of the "Superman". The Lodge
. included Hitler, Aalfred Rosenberg, Himmler, Göring,
. and Hitler's subsequent personal physician Dr. Morell.
. It is also known that Aleister Crowley and Gurdjieff
. sought contact with Hitler. Hitler's unusual powers of
. suggestion become more understandable if one keeps in
. mind that he had access to the 'secret' psychological
. techniques of the esoteric lodges. Haushofer taught him
. the techniques of Gurdjieff which, in turn, were based
. on the teachings of the Sufis and the Tibetan lamas-
. and familiarized him with the Zen teaching of the
. Japanese Green Dragon Society ...' - Wulf
. Schwartzwaller, The Unknown Hitler
.
. 'One member of the German Vril was Professor Karl
. Haushofer - a former employee of German military
. intelligence. Haushofer had been a mentor to Hitler as
. well as to...Rudolph Hess. (Hess had been an assistant
. to Haushofer at the University of Munich.) Another Vril
. member was the second most powerful man in Nazi
. Germany: Heinrich Himmler, who became head of the
. dreaded SS and Gestapo. Himmler incorporated the Vril
. Society into the Nazi Occult Bureau. Yet another
. mystical group was the Edelweiss Society, which
. preached the coming of a "Nordic messiah".... Herman
. Göring had become an active member of the Edelweiss
. Society in 1921 while living and working in Sweden.
. Göring believed Hitler to be the Nordic messiah.' -
. William Bramley, The Gods of Eden
.
. 'The idea for the use of the swastika by the Nazis came
. from a dentist named Dr. Friedrich Krohn who was a
. member of the secret Germanen Order. Krohn produced the
. design for the actual form in which the Nazis came to
. use the symbol, that is reversed, spinning in an anti-
. clockwise direction. as a solar symbol, the swastika is
. properly thought of as spinning, and the Buddhists have
. always believed the symbol attracted luck. The Sanskrit
. word 'svastika' means good fortune and well being.
. According to Cabbalistic lore and occult theory,
. chaotic force can be evoked by reversing the symbol.
. And so the symbol appeared as the flag of Nazi Germany
. and the insignia of the Nazi party, an indication for
. those who had eyes to see, as to the occult nature of
. the Third Reich.' - Bernard Schreiber. The Men Behind
. Hitler

____ Toxic Zen Story ______________________________

Berman, M. 1989. Coming to our senses. New York: Bantam Books, p. 269:

. 'The "character of Hitler's compulsive power over men's
. minds can only be understood in religious terms,"
. writes Joachim Fest; and we have already noted how the
. Abel documents reveal an odyssey of redemption, an
. imitatio Christi, with Hitler taking the place of Jesus
. and Mein Kampf replacing the Gospels....'
.
. '... Hitler lost his sight as a result of the gas
. attack, which was only slowly restored at Pasewalk, and
. this was accompanied by depression and mental
. instability... As Hitler lay in despair on his cot,
. recovering from Germany's defeat and surrender, he had
. a "supernatural vision" (this quotation is from the OSS
. Hitler Source Book). The blindness lifted; in an
. ecstatic trance, or "inner rapture," Hitler heard
. voices summoning him to save Germany, to deliver her
. from defeat....'
.
. 'Hitler emerged from the event as a charismatic with a
. politico-religious agenda. He changed markedly after
. this, which is, of course, a common feature of ascent
. experience. Hitler had not been a talented speaker
. before the war's end, yet by the spring of 1919 a
. member of the DAP (German Workers' Party, which Hitler
. would later join) heard him address a soldiers' council
. in Munich and noted "his almost occult power of
. suggestion over the assemblage." Hitler went from
. someone who was inward and bookish to being a powerful
. orator.... Hitler's effect was repeatedly described as
. hypnotic; leading Nazis described their moment of
. allegiance to Hitler as a kind of religious conversion,
. and this included Speer, Heydrich, Hess, Hans Frank,
. Julius Streicher, Goring, Goebbels, Hanfstaengl,
. Ribbentrop, and many others. In his public addresses in
. particular, the magic was the message; Speer said that
. the effect of a Hitler speech went far deeper than the
. content. The ascent experience got translated into a
. national, political context, with awesome
. results.(Berman, M. 1989, pp. 281-282)'

Apparently, Haushofer was there at the beginning, the middle and the end. His son tried to atone, but failed and was killed.

From "The Swastika and the Nazis - The Haushofer Connection":

(http://www.intelinet.org/swastika/swasti02.htm)

. 'Among Haushofer's students at Munich university was a
. young, bright army officer: Rudolf Hess. Soon Hess
. became Haushofer's favorite student. Later Hess also
. became one of the closest associates of Hitler. He was
. serving time with Hitler at Landsberg. It is a well
. known fact that it was Rudolf Hess who introduced
. Haushofer to Adolf Hitler, and also that the professor
. frequently visited the Führer while he was writing Mein
. Kampf in Landsberg Fortress prison after his failed
. Munich putsch in 1923.'
.
. 'After Hitler came to power in 1933, Professor Haushofer
. was instrumental in developing Germany's alliance with
. Japan. Most of the meetings between high rank Japanese
. officials and Nazi leaders took place at his home near
. Munich. He saw Japan as the brother nation to Germany,
. the Herrenwolk of the Orient.'
.
. 'Before the war Professor Haushofer and his son Albrecht
. maintained close contacts with British members of the
. Golden Dawn. When war between Germany and England broke
. out Haushofer tried to use his influence with Hess in
. trying to convince Hitler to make peace with the
. British.'
.
. 'In the Spring of 1941, after having failed to convince
. Hitler, Haushofer urged Hess to make a direct contact
. with the Duke of Hamilton, a Scottish member of the
. Golden Dawn. On may 10, 1941, Hess took off for
. Scotland. Whether Hitler knew his plans or not is still
. subject of debate among historians.'
.
. 'The British government, however, didn't even want to
. hear Hess' peace propositions and put him in jail
. incommunicado. After Hess' failure the Nazis denounced
. him as mentally disturbed.'
.
. 'Karl and Albrecht Haushofer fell from grace. Albrecht
. became involved in a failed coup d'etat against Hitler
. on July 20, 1941. Karl Haushofer was sent to the
. infamous Dachau concentration camp, and Albrecht to the
. Moabite prison in Berlin, where was later executed.'

The astonishing fact here, is that Karl Haushofer's wife and Albrecht's mother was half-Jewish.

Can you imagine what it was like for her? To see her husband's disciple (Hitler) go on to create a hell on earth for her people? This is the kind of fate reserved for those who attach themselves to Zen believers.

. 'Some authors claim that, while in Japan, Haushofer was
. active in the ultra-secret Green Dragon Society, whose
. members were under oath to commit ritual suicide if
. faced with dishonor. After the war Haushofer was among
. the Nazi members to be put to trial before the
. Nuremberg War Crimes Tribunal. But Professor Haushofer
. never went to trial. After killing his wife, Karl
. Haushofer committed suicide in the traditional Japanese
. way, cutting his intestines with a sharp samurai short
. sword, in a personal, formal ceremony called seppuku
. (commonly known as hara- kiri).'

So, Karl got the rare opportunity to observe the results of his thorough observance of Zen principles, on his trip to Dachau. He paid the price of following those principles, and acting on those distorted views, with the life of his family. How very ZEN, is this amazing story.

By the way, the Green Dragon society is thriving today ... most of Northern California Zen is Green Dragon.

| 'Abbots of San Francisco Zen Center'
| (http://www.sfzc.com/Pages/Miscellaneous_Pages/ab
| bot.html)
|.
| 'Shunryu Suzuki-roshi, a Japanese Zen priest belonging
| to the Soto lineage, came to San Francisco in 1959 at
| the age of fifty-four. Already a respected Zen master
| in Japan, he was impressed by the seriousness and
| quality of "beginner's mind" among Americans he met who
| were interested in Zen and decided to settle here. As
| more and more people of non-Japanese background joined
| him in meditation, Zen Center came into being and he
| was its first abbot. Under his tutelage, Zen Center
| grew into City Center, Green Gulch Farm and Tassajara
| Zen Mountain Center. He was undoubtedly one of the most
| influential Zen teachers of his time. Some of his
| edited talks have been collected in the books Zen Mind,
| Beginner's Mind and Branching Streams Flow in the
| Darkness: Zen Talks on the Sandokai. Suzuki-roshi died
| in 1971. '

Shunryu Suzuki-roshi was of the Green Dragon Society. This is why the Green Gulch Farm in Sausalito is called the Green Dragon Temple. I guess they don't mind the association, folks like Marilyn Walker, mother of John Walker Lindh, the American Taliban. I wonder if John minded?

I don't think we need much discussion on the void Hitler left in Germany and Europe, as he passed through life.

A westernized Zen was making it's rounds of the capitals of Europe, in academia and society in the late 1800's and early 1900's. D.T. Suzuki's effects and later those of Eugen Herrigel were felt far and wide in both the future victimizers (Germanic culture) and victims (Jewish, Nordic, French cultures, and many defenseless subcultures). That Nuremberg Zen was to figure prominently in the rise of Nazism.

But Adolph Hitler got his Zen directly from a personal, undiluted, and thoroughly unwesternized source: Karl Haushofer, a student of Japanese Zen.

The kind of horrific and inhuman behavior, like the second world war and the Holocaust that was its centerpiece, are characteristic of a Major Zen Historic Event (MZHE). It can only happen in conjunction with a major slander of the Buddha's intended highest teachings. Suzuki's, and especially Herrigel's popularization of Zen (yet to unfold), written while he was at Erlangen near Nuremberg is that slander.

Thusly, Nazism is an offshoot of Zen, mixed with occultism and Tibetan Buddhism and some other things. Clearly, however, the influence of the Void is predominant: the thought that life is just there for whatever possibility you want to pursue, no-holds-barred, and without concern for the results in the lives of others. Nazism is basically Zen.

____ Epilog _______________________________________

The Buddha's highest teachings were the purpose of the Buddha's advent on this earth.

The Buddha did not appear on this earth to drain people's compassion with discussions of the emptiness and meaninglessness of life which is just a void.

The Buddha did not appear on this earth to teach people to live in such a narrow and momentary way, that there would be no context for self-examination and conscience.

The Buddha did not appear on this earth to possess people's minds with such illogic as to befuddle their ability to choose correctly between what is good and what is evil.

The Buddha did not appear on this earth to teach people how to commit atrocities and genocide, in the exploration of their "infinite possibilities", or "new states of being".

The Buddha did not appear on this earth to teach people how to maim and kill with their hands efficiently, quietly, loudly, with increased terror inflicted, or to maximize their subjugation to control the public sentiments for political ends.

These are all profoundly evil distortions of the Buddha's true teachings, which introduce infinities in the variables holding good and evil, removing all shades of gray in the propositional calculus of value.

Simply stated, the Buddha made his advent on this earth with the purpose of teaching the compassionate way of the bodhisattva, which is at the heart of the true entity of all phenomena, which is the eternal Buddha at one with the eternal Law. Which is how to navigate the sea of sufferings of birth, aging, sickness and death. He originally set out on his path, because of his observation of the sufferings of common people and wanting to understand the source of those sufferings (enlightened wisdom) and how to transform those sufferings into unshakable happiness (enlightened action).

When you embrace the void, in that moment you create an emptiness in your future. Each time you embrace the void again, that emptiness grows. But it doesn't have to be ...

Nichiren Daishonin writes (Encouragement to a Sick Person, WND p. 78):

. "During the Former and Middle Days of the Law, the
. five impurities began to appear, and in the Latter
. Day, they are rampant. They give rise to the great
. waves of a gale, which not only beat against the
. shore, but strike each other. The impurity of
. thought has been such that, as the Former and
. Middle Days of the Law gradually passed, people
. transmitted insignificant erroneous teachings
. while destroying the unfathomable correct
. teaching. It therefore appears that more people
. have fallen into the evil paths because of errors
. with respect to Buddhism than because of secular
. misdeeds."

Because Bodhidharma discarded the Buddha's highest teaching (the Lotus Sutra), and due to his lazy nature turned to shortcuts to enlightenment, he came to the distorted view that life is acausal and empty, that the true entity is the void.

This erroneous view really comes from a misunderstanding of the Sutra of Immeasurable Meanings, where the True Entity is described by negation (the only way it can be): "... neither square, nor round, neither short, nor long, ..."

The description of the True Entity is logically voidal, but the True Entity itself is not. Bodhidharma was simply confused, due to the slander of negligence (laziness), and false confidence. The truth of life is that at the heart of the True Entity is the compassion of a bodhisattva for others.

Non-substantiality does not mean empty. Life has value. Humans are respectworthy. There is a purpose to everything. And every cause has an effect, so we are responsible for our thoughts, words and deeds. Zen is acausal. Zen is the greatest poison, which compares to the even greater medicine of the Lotus Sutra.

Suffice it to say: the purpose of Zen in the world is to corrupt and undermine everything that is not based upon the truth and the true teaching. All religions, disciplines, institutions and organizations which are undermined by Zen will eventually fall after glaring revelation of their worst defects, sooner rather than later.

If there is some good in your family, locality, society and culture, or country that you would like to retain, then cease the Zen, and begin to apply the medicine of the Lotus Sutra to heal the Zen wound in your life.

"Zen is the work of devilish minds." - Nichiren

-Chas.

. a prescription for the poisoned ones:
.
. The only antidote for the toxic effects of Zen in your life ...
.
. be that from Zen meditation, or the variant forms: physical
. Zen in the martial arts, Qigong, Acupuncture, Falun Gong,
. Copenhagen Convention of Quantum Mechanics, EST,
. Landmark Education, Nazism, Bushido, the Jesuits,
. Al Qaeda, or merely from having the distorted view that life
. is acausal, and that the true entity of all phenomena
. is the void ...
.
. with the effects of the loss of loved ones, detachment,
. isolation or various forms of emptiness in your life ...
.
. is the Lotus Sutra: chant Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo
. at least 3 times, twice a day, for the rest of your life,
. in at least a whisper ...
.
. and if you can, chant abundantly in a resonant voice !!!
.
. The full 28 Chapters of the Lotus Sutra,
. Nichiren Daishonin's Gosho volumes I and II,
. the Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings
. (Gosho Zenshu, including the Ongi Kuden) and the
. SGI Dictionary of Buddhism are located at:
.
http://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/
.
. To find an SGI Community Center:
.
http://www.sgi-usa.org/sgilocations/
__________________________________

LS Chap. 16 .....

All harbor thoughts of yearning
and in their minds thirst to gaze at me.
When living beings have become truly faithful,
honest and upright, gentle in intent,
single-mindedly desiring to see the Buddha
not hesitating even if it costs them their lives,
then I and the assembly of monks
appear together on Holy Eagle Peak.
At that time I tell the living beings
that I am always here, never entering extinction,
but that because of the power of an expedient means
at times I appear to be extinct, at other times not,
and that if there are living beings in other lands
who are reverent and sincere in their wish to believe,
then among them too
I will preach the unsurpassed Law.