Mother Hamilton & Cross/Lotus

Ma Huang

May 20, 2003, 5:19:28 PM5/20/03
Does anyone know more about Yogacharya Mother Hamilton who was
supposedly one of the few non-SRF direct disciples of Yogananda? Also,
her organization/publishing house The Cross and The Lotus which is
apparently being run by her chosen successor after her passing,
Yogacharya David Hickenbottom? They both claim to be in the lineage
of Yogananda with the authority to initiate Kriya.

Has anyone been initiated by either? They seem much less
controversial than Ananda and R. Davis as an alternative to SRF.

As another person who has become disenchanted w/SRF, I was wondering
if this was a viable alternative to receiving Kriya instructions. (Am
a lesson student w/the SRF and received the Hong Sau/Aum instructions,
application for Kriya, etc.)

For those interested, their website is: http://www.crossandlotus.com

Nakanari

May 21, 2003, 9:05:04 PM5/21/03
or you can check out this site http://kriya.tk , which Brother
Brahman-Atmananda humbly forgot to mention.

Nakanari

drd...@yahoo.com (Brother Brahman-Atmananda) wrote in message news:<12053fad.03052...@posting.google.com>...
> After Yoganandaji's death many people claimed to be direct disciples
> authorized to give Kriya dikshas. Yogananda gave Kriya diksha en masse
> in the US at one point in his ministry (during the "campaign days").
> There isn't even a photograph or a letter or anything that support
> this woman's claim, and we all know he established formal sishyata
> with another guru in India. You are better off with Roy. Roy was the
> former minister of SRF Phoenix Temple. A photograph of Roy with
> Paramhansa Yogananda can be seen in Swami Kriyanandaji's The Path,
> plus two more photographs where he was meditating with the other monks
> (Walters, Henry, Daniel, etc). Of all the direct disciples teaching
> Kriya Yoga today, only Roy is making claims to guruship, "I am his
> (Yogananda's) only guru-successor" said he in Seven Lessons in
> Conscious Living. If you're a sucker for direct disciples, then go to
> Roy. Another alternative is Norman
> http://www.solarlogosfoundation.org/ though he left the Order when
> Yogananda was still alive. Nevertheless this was what Yogananda said
> about him:
>
> "This is the first time in many lives that delusion has caught
> Norman," Master remarked sadly. He added, "Divine Mother wants him to
> learn responsibility. BUT WHEREVER HE IS, HE IS WITH ME." -- from ch.
> 35 of The Path
>
> So he's alright. Why would you go to Hickenbutt when there are so many
> others? Premananda's (Brahmachari Jotin) church is still going
> http://www.self-revelationchurch.org/ He was a successor to Yogananda
> and one of only two people whom the Master ordained as Swami during
> his lifetime.

Ma Huang

May 21, 2003, 11:03:54 PM5/21/03
Thanks for your information and feedback Brother Brahman-Atmananda. I
will certainly consider what you have said regarding the value of
claims of direct discipleship.

If there is anyone else out there who actually met either Yogacharya
Hamilton or Hickenbottom in person, I'd still welcome your comments.

kong

May 22, 2003, 12:02:57 AM5/22/03
In the back of the Sept-Oct 1954 Self-Realization magazine there is a list
of "Meditation Leaders" who may "...assist other Self-Realizationists in
their practice of the SRF techniques and in their understanding of the basic
meditation principles taught by Paramhansa Yogananda."

Listed there (among others) include:

Rev. M. W. Lewis, Rev. D. Walters, Rev. C. Bernard, Swami Premananda, Mr.
Pedro Gonzales Milan (Yogacharya), Swami Atmananda (Dakshineswar, Bengal)
and...

Mrs. Mildred Hamilton (Yogacharya) of Seattle, Washington.

Note that the yogacharya inside the parentheses is not added by me - this is
the way it is printed in the magazine. This indicates that Mother Hamilton
was one of the few people Yoganandaji granted the title of Yogacharya to and
thus it is fairly safe to assume that she was indeed authorized by him to
give Kriya. I however have no idea about David Hickelbottom or the current
state of their group.

FYI, the other Yogacharya's listed in this magazine are:

Oliver Black (Michigan, USA), Pedro Gonzales Milan (Mexico), Jose M. Cuaron
(Mexico), and Mr. B.C. Nandi (London, England)

"Brother Brahman-Atmananda" <drd...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]

kong

May 25, 2003, 7:39:06 PM5/25/03

> Yogananda died in 1952. This magazine that you're quoting (where is
> it?) was published two years after.

The magazine is sitting on my bookself. The information I am referring to is
on pages 55 and 56. There used to be a place on the internet where some of
the old SRF magazines were available. I'm not sure if it is still up or if
it would have the Oct-Sept 1954 Self-Realization magazine.

> you said: This indicates that Mother Hamilton

> > was one of the few people Yoganandaji granted the title of Yogacharya
>

> The information you gave and this conclusion doesn't match. It's just
> like saying "Kong is a kitchen porter in the White House today. This
> indicates that Kong was one of the few people hired as kitchen porter
> during Bill Clinton's time."

Logically correct but it seems very unlikely that Mother Hamilton was given
the title of Yogacharya after Yoganandaji's passing - somewhere between the
years of 1952 and 1954. As far as I know SRF has very rarely conferred the
title of Yogacharya after Yoganandaji's passing - in fact the only person I
can think of is Swami Shyamananda who was conferred the title of Yogacharya
by Daya Mata - sometime in the 60's I believe. Do you know of any others
after Paramhansaji's passing?

> According to their website (created largely by Hickenbutt) "She was
> born Christmas Day, December 25, 1904 and attained Mahasamadhi January
> 31, 1991." Mahasamadhi from the point of view of Kriya is final
> CONSCIOUS exit from the body. This is actually a very big claim. I
> don't trust people who make big claims.

> "kong" <bao...@ucla.edu> wrote in message

zan...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2014, 8:02:31 PM11/3/14
I was involved in the Christian Yoga church and Mother was our guru. I was a very young child at the time. My father and mother were Jerry and Julie Winninghoff, and my sister and I were Andrea and Joelle. Mother Hamilton even named us. Now, at 37 years old, I am reflecting back and trying to understand the church and my experiences. I would love for anyone involved or who has any information to contact me. Particularly those who were involved at the time (late 70s-to her death in the mid 80s)

Thanks in advance

bano...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2015, 12:50:10 AM2/13/15
Hello,

Feel free to contact me would love to share the beauty of this lineage and the truth.
just saw this as I was google searching Mother's name.
She is my Param-guru.
God Christ Gurus,
Joshua 818-852-1935

bano...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2015, 12:53:54 AM2/13/15
On Monday, November 3, 2014 at 7:02:31 PM UTC-6, zan...@gmail.com wrote:
> I was involved in the Christian Yoga church and Mother was our guru. I was a very young child at the time. My father and mother were Jerry and Julie Winninghoff, and my sister and I were Andrea and Joelle. Mother Hamilton even named us. Now, at 37 years old, I am reflecting back and trying to understand the church and my experiences. I would love for anyone involved or who has any information to contact me. Particularly those who were involved at the time (late 70s-to her death in the mid 80s)
>
> Thanks in advance

Hari om!
just saw this post I am part of mothers lineage.
feel free to contact me would love to share.
Pronams,
Joshua 818-852-1935

bano...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2015, 12:58:16 AM2/13/15
On Sunday, May 25, 2003 at 2:29:14 PM UTC-5, Brother Brahman-Atmananda wrote:
> Kong,
>
> Yogananda died in 1952. This magazine that you're quoting (where is
> it?) was published two years after.
>
> you said: This indicates that Mother Hamilton
> > was one of the few people Yoganandaji granted the title of Yogacharya
>
> The information you gave and this conclusion doesn't match. It's just
> like saying "Kong is a kitchen porter in the White House today. This
> indicates that Kong was one of the few people hired as kitchen porter
> during Bill Clinton's time."
>
> According to their website (created largely by Hickenbutt) "She was
> born Christmas Day, December 25, 1904 and attained Mahasamadhi January
> 31, 1991." Mahasamadhi from the point of view of Kriya is final
> CONSCIOUS exit from the body. This is actually a very big claim. I
> don't trust people who make big claims.
>
> "kong" <bao...@ucla.edu> wrote in message news:<bahi4s$9l$1...@gladiola.noc.ucla.edu>...
If you solely interested in the truth feel free to contact me
818-852-1935
Hearty Pronams,
Joshua
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

rick7...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2015, 1:25:48 AM6/8/15
Yes, my husband and I were initiated into Kriya Yoga in 1978 by Yogacharya Mother Hamilton, whose mahasamadhi was in 1991. Now, one of Her students, Yogacharya David Hickenbottom has come into our lives - 5 years ago. Victory to God in the form of the Masters in this lineage.

vastu.t...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2019, 7:43:26 PM8/11/19
Often times people without realization seek to choose to lop off other people's heads to make their little Self seem taller. Your thoughts are pure delusion.