SRF: Lies, Betrayals, and more Lies

nosrf

May 14, 2001, 12:23:10 PM5/14/01
Some of the Lies (and betrayal of the Master) spread by SRF:

1. When Sananda Ghosh was dying of cancer, SRF/Daya wrote a letter offering
assistance ONLY if Sananda would sign the deed of the family home over to SRF,
Inc. Sananda refused and died a week later. Hare Krishna Ghosh will confirm this
if you ask him. And, he still has the letter.

A visit to 4 Garpar Road will inspire you with the vibrations of Paramahansaji.
You will also notice how beautiful the house looks these days. Why? Because of
donations from many generous Ananda people. Ask Hare Krishna where the money
came from, if you don't believe me.

SRF claimed in a letter sent to thousands of people that they never sent a
letter to Sananda demanding the 4 Garpar Rd. property. SRF lied.

2. Paramahansaji ordered YSS to give Meera and family a stipend of 75 rupees a
month, and to live in the house owned by YSS for all time. At that time, 25
rupees was a significant amount of money. After many years, due to inflation and
needs of the family, they asked SRF for more. SRF said no, they couldn't afford
to give them any more. 75 rupees is now less than $2. Per month. And SRF can't
afford more than that. For Master's family. Yet they can afford to spend
millions of their member's donations to sue people.

Ananda has been the sole support (other than $2 per month...) of Meera Ghosh's
family all these years- offering medical assistance and more. Paramahansaji and
his wishes have been betrayed again.

If you don't believe me, talk to Meera Ghosh and her family about this. I did,
and the above facts are true. SRF lied.

And there is much more. Kamala Silva, Durga Mata, lies about Yogananda's
writings, lies about Yogananda's intentions for the organization. And now look
at what they are doing to their neighbors on Mt. Washington. Lies, betrayals,
lawsuits, stealing signs from people's yards, treating the Master's relatives
with utter contempt.

And these people pretend to represent Yogananda?

Cashew

May 14, 2001, 6:35:59 PM5/14/01
nosrf,,,,,,,,.
For someone who hates SRF you sure know a lot about it. It sounds like you
are a wanna be SRF member and that you are in denial.

By the way who was your scapegoat last month?
You know what I mean - just because you hate yourself and your life you have
to point fingers and have a scapegoat at your finger tips.

nosrf

May 14, 2001, 7:22:59 PM5/14/01

Cashew said

>nosrf,,,,,,,,.
>For someone who hates SRF you sure know a lot about it. It sounds like you
>are a wanna be SRF member and that you are in denial.
>
>By the way who was your scapegoat last month?
>You know what I mean - just because you hate yourself and your life you have
>to point fingers and have a scapegoat at your finger tips.

No, I love the people in SRF. Some of my best friends are members.

But, I will defend to the death the right of others to be disciples of
Yoganandaji, and their right to share Guruji's teachings without being sued,
attacked, lied about, and slandered.

Steven Stoltz

May 14, 2001, 10:27:12 PM5/14/01

> Some of the Lies (and betrayal of the Master) spread by SRF:
>
> 1. When Sananda Ghosh was dying of cancer, SRF/Daya wrote a letter
offering
> assistance ONLY if Sananda would sign the deed of the family home over to
SRF,
> Inc. Sananda refused and died a week later. Hare Krishna Ghosh will
confirm this
> if you ask him. And, he still has the letter.

It seems like you may have left some details out
from your statement. For example, what type of
assistance did Daya Mata offer him - and would it have saved his life ?

Your post implies that medical science offered
a treatment for his illness that had a high
probability of saving his life and that Daya Mata
maliciously withheld the treatment as a way of forcing him to part with
his house. (BTW, if such a
treatment did in fact exist and it was inexpensive - don't you think he
would have payed for the treatment himself ... ?)

My intuition tells me it didn't happen that way.

If Daya Mata did in fact request him to sign over the house, it was not
asked of him maliciously - but more as a favor. Perhaps she said something
like, "even though your chance of survival is small,
if you should decide to sign the house over to SRF(so that it can be
maintained as a shrine to Paramahansa Yogananda) , we would pay the huge
cost of your medical bills and experimental treatments (i.e. a price that is
greater than the worth of the house) as a sign of
our gratitude ......

Maybe that's not how it happened - but I thought I would write it that way
just to show how the TONE
of someone's presentation (and not merely the facts) can drastically alter
how the story is perceived.

> A visit to 4 Garpar Road will inspire you with the vibrations of
Paramahansaji.
> You will also notice how beautiful the house looks these days. Why?
Because of
> donations from many generous Ananda people.

You claim that SRF tries to hoard the name and title of Yogananda - and
while I am not necessarily disagreeing with you in all cases ... still,
aren't you saying the same here ? Aren't you saying that Ananda is
responsible for maintaining Yogananda's vibrations at that place ?

You of all people should agree with me from the comments in your previous
post that Yogananda and his vibrations are best understood by practicing
Kriya yoga meditation wherein one acquires direct perceptions of truth
within their consciousness.

Ask Hare Krishna where the money
> came from, if you don't believe me.

I do believe you, BTW ...

> SRF claimed in a letter sent to thousands of people that they never sent a
> letter to Sananda demanding the 4 Garpar Rd. property. SRF lied.

Perhaps they did send such a letter - even though they requested the
property. Maybe they felt
their request was passive/insignifcant enough not to be regarded as the
DEMAND or THREAT
that you suggest it was.

> 2. Paramahansaji ordered YSS to give Meera and family a stipend of 75
rupees a
> month, and to live in the house owned by YSS for all time. At that time,
25
> rupees was a significant amount of money. After many years, due to
inflation and
> needs of the family, they asked SRF for more. SRF said no, they couldn't
afford
> to give them any more. 75 rupees is now less than $2. Per month. And SRF
can't
> afford more than that. For Master's family. Yet they can afford to spend
> millions of their member's donations to sue people.

You may be correct on this one - but the tone of your post (particularly
your choice of the words "Paramahansaji ordered") suggests that Master's
intentions were so unequivocably clear that they were not left open to SRF
interpretation. I'm not sure that is in fact the case. Again, what you
say might be true - but I just wanted to point out that Yogananda doesn't
strike me as being that inflexible .... BUT even though he might have been
that clear on that matter, how is it that you know about it ?

Also, even if you do know about the circumstances - why is your opinion
about the situation better than SRF's ? M aybe it is .... I don't know ....

Is it really the church's role to keep people fed ?
This is the world, afterall ....

> Ananda has been the sole support (other than $2 per month...) of Meera
Ghosh's
> family all these years- offering medical assistance and more.
Paramahansaji and
> his wishes have been betrayed again.
>
> If you don't believe me, talk to Meera Ghosh and her family about this. I
did,
> and the above facts are true. SRF lied.
>
> And there is much more. Kamala Silva, Durga Mata, lies about Yogananda's
> writings, lies about Yogananda's intentions for the organization.

I will side with you on one point. It does seem clear to me that the
opinions of certain factions of people within SRF (as well as Ananda) seem
stand out as the unquestionable truth merely because the "power" held by
that faction has succeded in keeping up the proper external appearances.

Although this kind of political B.S. is always disappointing - is it really
relevant to the spiritual path (i.e. the practice of Kriya yoga ) ?

Stoltz

Steven Stoltz

May 14, 2001, 10:27:10 PM5/14/01
Cashew,

How did you walk away with the idea that nosrf
was an SRF wannabe ?

It seems like you are pro SRF (not criticizing you for that BTW) and want to
put words into nosrf's mouth (I am criticizing you for that ...) ....

Nosrf has made a choice - if we cannot respect his/her right to choose, how
can we expect anyone
else to respect our right to choose ?

Stoltz

"Cashew" <Cas...@xxxworldnut.att.nut> wrote in message

nosrf

May 14, 2001, 11:33:08 PM5/14/01
Steven Stoltz said

>"nosrf" <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote in message
>> Some of the Lies (and betrayal of the Master) spread by SRF:
>>
>> 1. When Sananda Ghosh was dying of cancer, SRF/Daya wrote a letter
>offering
>> assistance ONLY if Sananda would sign the deed of the family home over to
>SRF,
>> Inc. Sananda refused and died a week later. Hare Krishna Ghosh will
>confirm this
>> if you ask him. And, he still has the letter.
>>

>It seems like you may have left some details out
>from your statement. For example, what type of
>assistance did Daya Mata offer him - and would it have saved his life ?

The assistance was to fly Sananda to the U.S., where there was potentially
life-saving medical help. According to his family, he died because he was
crushed by the attempt at extortion. Yes, it was malicious. This according to
the family.

>Your post implies that medical science offered
>a treatment for his illness that had a high
>probability of saving his life and that Daya Mata
>maliciously withheld the treatment as a way of forcing him to part with
>his house. (BTW, if such a
>treatment did in fact exist and it was inexpensive - don't you think he
>would have payed for the treatment himself ... ?)
>
> My intuition tells me it didn't happen that way.
>
>If Daya Mata did in fact request him to sign over the house, it was not
>asked of him maliciously - but more as a favor. Perhaps she said something
>like, "even though your chance of survival is small,
>if you should decide to sign the house over to SRF(so that it can be
>maintained as a shrine to Paramahansa Yogananda) , we would pay the huge
>cost of your medical bills and experimental treatments (i.e. a price that is
>greater than the worth of the house) as a sign of
>our gratitude ......
>
>Maybe that's not how it happened - but I thought I would write it that way
>just to show how the TONE
>of someone's presentation (and not merely the facts) can drastically alter
>how the story is perceived.

Based on how SRF has treated other disciples, and other family members, I do not
give SRF the benefit of the doubt. Again, talk to ANY family members of
Yogananda in India. There is universal dismay at the treatment they've ALL
received at the hands of SRF.

>> A visit to 4 Garpar Road will inspire you with the vibrations of
>Paramahansaji.
>> You will also notice how beautiful the house looks these days. Why?
>Because of
>> donations from many generous Ananda people.
>
>You claim that SRF tries to hoard the name and title of Yogananda - and
>while I am not necessarily disagreeing with you in all cases ... still,
>aren't you saying the same here ? Aren't you saying that Ananda is
>responsible for maintaining Yogananda's vibrations at that place ?

No, Ananda isn't responsible for the vibrations there. I was only trying to
point out that Ananda members (and not just the Ananda organization) have very
generously helped out Hare Krishna and family.

>You of all people should agree with me from the comments in your previous
>post that Yogananda and his vibrations are best understood by practicing
>Kriya yoga meditation wherein one acquires direct perceptions of truth
>within their consciousness.

I agree with you. One doesn't have to go anywhere but within to find the Guru.

> Ask Hare Krishna where the money
>> came from, if you don't believe me.
>>

>I do believe you, BTW ...
>
>> SRF claimed in a letter sent to thousands of people that they never sent a
>> letter to Sananda demanding the 4 Garpar Rd. property. SRF lied.
>
>Perhaps they did send such a letter - even though they requested the
>property. Maybe they felt
>their request was passive/insignifcant enough not to be regarded as the
>DEMAND or THREAT
>that you suggest it was.

The family in India felt it was anything but passive or insignificant. To them,
it was extortion, plain and simple.

>> 2. Paramahansaji ordered YSS to give Meera and family a stipend of 75
>rupees a
>> month, and to live in the house owned by YSS for all time. At that time,
>25
>> rupees was a significant amount of money. After many years, due to
>inflation and
>> needs of the family, they asked SRF for more. SRF said no, they couldn't
>afford
>> to give them any more. 75 rupees is now less than $2. Per month. And SRF
>can't
>> afford more than that. For Master's family. Yet they can afford to spend
>> millions of their member's donations to sue people.
>>

>You may be correct on this one - but the tone of your post (particularly
>your choice of the words "Paramahansaji ordered") suggests that Master's
>intentions were so unequivocably clear that they were not left open to SRF
>interpretation. I'm not sure that is in fact the case. Again, what you
>say might be true - but I just wanted to point out that Yogananda doesn't
>strike me as being that inflexible .... BUT even though he might have been
>that clear on that matter, how is it that you know about it ?

I've heard from Meera and other family members. Master surely would have been
flexible. He loved Meera as his own family- because he personally chose Meera to
be the wife of a family member.

>Also, even if you do know about the circumstances - why is your opinion
>about the situation better than SRF's ? M aybe it is .... I don't know ....
>
>Is it really the church's role to keep people fed ?
>This is the world, afterall ....

No, this doesn't have to do with the church, but with Master's wishes to see
Meera and her family supported.

>> Ananda has been the sole support (other than $2 per month...) of Meera
>Ghosh's
>> family all these years- offering medical assistance and more.
>Paramahansaji and
>> his wishes have been betrayed again.
>>
>> If you don't believe me, talk to Meera Ghosh and her family about this. I
>did,
>> and the above facts are true. SRF lied.
>>
>> And there is much more. Kamala Silva, Durga Mata, lies about Yogananda's
>> writings, lies about Yogananda's intentions for the organization.
>

>I will side with you on one point. It does seem clear to me that the
>opinions of certain factions of people within SRF (as well as Ananda) seem
>stand out as the unquestionable truth merely because the "power" held by
>that faction has succeded in keeping up the proper external appearances.
>
>Although this kind of political B.S. is always disappointing - is it really
>relevant to the spiritual path (i.e. the practice of Kriya yoga ) ?

It's not relevant to the practice of Kriya, except to the extent that SRF
portrays themselves as the ONLY valid source of Kriya and Yogananda.

thundergro...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2014, 11:30:27 AM10/17/14
On Monday, May 14, 2001 9:23:48 AM UTC-7, nosrf wrote:
> Some of the Lies (and betrayal of the Master) spread by SRF:
>
> 1. When Sananda Ghosh was dying of cancer, SRF/Daya wrote a letter offering
> assistance ONLY if Sananda would sign the deed of the family home over to SRF,
> Inc. Sananda refused and died a week later. Hare Krishna Ghosh will confirm this
> if you ask him. And, he still has the letter.

I know from personal experience that your example is representative of the manner of thinking of the Mormon Cabal within SRF. I have in fact received a similar notice, albeit on a very different topic, with a non-related condition that showed me the stunning extent of their manipulative nature. I was grateful, because it allowed to eventually wipe the Daya Mata culture off the table, which made Master stand out far more clearly.