The SRF/Ananda controversy, please read and comment.

lone_fiddler

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99

Hello Family, I feel all of us that revere Paramahansa Yogananda
should treat each other like we are brothers and sisters. All this
back biting, criticism, argueing, just like a Family !!!

I'm just another guy who joined SRF in 1975 and received initiation
in 86. I have followed the Ananda story from 75. I happened to come
across the then "Swami Kriyananda"'s books at about the same time
i discovered the Autobiography. i'll just lay out some background not
to say i'm any kind of devotee, but to say this is not a new issue with me.
I've been watching it for close to 25 years.

I have been to all the SRF churchs except the one in Richmond. i have
had private talks with several ministers, i was married by Brother
Santoshananda. My favorite is Brother Mokshananda, i've yet to see
another
devotee who was more rooted in the Masters Joy, so much he could hardly
contain it.

I have close friends who have lived at Ananda since 79, and are now i guess
considered "core" members. I have visited Ananda many times. I have had
a private interview with Swami Kriyananda, as his title was then.

I have taken and benefitted both SRF's lessons and the 14 steps lessons put
out by ananda many years ago.

i've read all of Kriyanandas books except for the most recent ones.

i have listened to all the SRF tapes, i've listed to countless Ananda tapes
and seen many of the new "Treasures along the Path" videos.

I have never seen Kriyananda even vaguely say, or even intimate that he was
the Guru or the Channel to the Guru, or put any focus on himself. I've
never seen any evidence at Ananda or in his writings or music that he is
trying to steer anyone in any direction except to Yogananda and God.

At Ananda you will find a shrine with some of the personal effects of
Yogananda, Lahiri Mahasaya, Sri Yukteshwar, Ananda Moi Ma, etc. Many of
these items
were given to Ananda by the Lahiri family. and the Ghosh family. who both
lovingly support Ananda and their mission.

I feel, Anyone in a body, that cannot manifest the true signs of an Avatar
which are well documented both here and in india. is subject to make a
mistake or be overcome by one of countless forms of delusions.

I bet Tara Mata and Donald Walters were probably brother and sister in a
previous life.

I bet every single individual that received Kriya from Yogananda directly
was with him in many previous lives as his devotees. He even apparantly
commented on that fact. Those of us that missed this incarnation are the
stragglers.
They have been going at each other for many incarnations with their
various delusions, and will continue for however long it takes to come to
"Self Realization" on the issues they have.

Regardless of the problems and differences between SRF/Ananda. and both
sides have made their share of mistakes. We, as lovers of Yogananda and
his teachings should NOT LET THAT SEPERATE US. The worlds religious
history is full of this kind of crap. Its my belief that Yogananda wants
us to unite in our common goal, as brothers and sisters of a great
movement that will change the world.

I have an SRF magazine from 1948, while yogananda was alive. in it is
proof that Yogananda personally ordained J. Donald Walters as a minister
of Kriya. along with several others that day. What the master gave him is
His.

I am sure that if Yogananda gave any one of you anything in person, with his
look, and his touch. That NO One, or No Thing could take that away from you.
no organization, no mistake you made, NOTHING.

If Paramahansa Yogananda is indeed Omnipresent and Omnipotent, and has
Omniscience. Is indeed a true Avatar, which i personally believe, then
his message is much greater than just SRF or just Ananda. It and he
Belong to the World.

SRF's Mission as i see it is to protect the purity of his teachings and
provide a monastic order to accomplish this goal. They are doing it just
like he
wanted, and in my opinion its totally silly to doubt that.

But surely, all the devotees of his, even the ones that left SRF like
Kamala, Yogacharya Oliver Black, Roy Eugene Davis, Donald Walters and
countless others including all of us here on the newsgroup. All of Lahiri
Mahasaya's followers, all of Sri Yukteshwars followers, all of us,, are a
part of his great mission. Why dont we quit all this petty Bickering,
gossip and focusing on others delusions, and mistakes, STOP IT NOW, gather
together, hold hands and Pray for a Great World Wide Revival !, and LOVE
each Other, like the Master wants us to.

I dont intend to hide behind any vague email address.

my name is Clay Moore
i live in New Mexico, my regular email address is cmo...@cyberport.com
I'm just a regular guy, struggling along the path. with doubts and HOPES.

My Best to you all.

-

Allen Schmeltz

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99
Thanks for your post Clay. Well said!

Blessings,
Allen

sam

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99
I heartily agree with lone fiddler. Such a contradiction that the teacher
of tolerance of all religions has spawned such division among his followers.
And such a scandal to those who might be attracted to this path. How many
have been driven away?
lone_fiddler <lone_f...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> -

Jim Rasmussen

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99
On Sat, 04 Dec 1999 10:00:43 -0700, lone_f...@yahoo.com
(lone_fiddler) wrote:

>I'm just another guy who joined SRF in 1975 and received initiation
>in 86. I have followed the Ananda story from 75. I happened to come
>across the then "Swami Kriyananda"'s books at about the same time
>i discovered the Autobiography. i'll just lay out some background not
>to say i'm any kind of devotee, but to say this is not a new issue with me.
>I've been watching it for close to 25 years.

Very, very well said. I'm sure you speak (eloquently) for many of us.

Jim
Jim Rasmussen
Email: Jam...@pe.net
Idyllwild CA 92549

SonOfTesla

Dec 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/6/99
Wow. Good attitude....
Thank you.

lone_fiddler <lone_f...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>Hello Family, I feel all of us that revere Paramahansa Yogananda
>should treat each other like we are brothers and sisters. All this
>back biting, criticism, argueing, just like a Family !!!
>

>I'm just another guy who joined SRF in 1975 and received initiation
>in 86. I have followed the Ananda story from 75. I happened to come
>across the then "Swami Kriyananda"'s books at about the same time
>i discovered the Autobiography. i'll just lay out some background not
>to say i'm any kind of devotee, but to say this is not a new issue with me.
>I've been watching it for close to 25 years.

Robert Mitchell

Dec 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/6/99
Good on you Clay - my thoughts exactly

Robert

vic bonds

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
dear allen
i love you..
i am a kryabond from about 81 on my birthday!
and i am going through similar persecution
from the don juan church in that i am very
close to carlos castaneda ala grau
and have seen him in dreamtime
or visions that are real..
like yogananda sees divine mother
and his gurus..
i see yogananda sometimes
and others. and it is wonderful
but it is personal..yes..but
i do believe that if we all try
to be good we all have the bounty of
being near god and guru..
maharishi also.
anyway i had done a series of oil
paintings for ananda and personally
cut swamijis hair at times.around
81 and it was fun fun fun
he gives good talks..
he is a very good musician
and very very holy spiritual
god only cares if we give
truth about god guru and
what we should be..
i teach rather complex
stone people info and
green people reality
and boy i really upset
some people
i have this energetic about me
and i have really explored
all the chakras
as heavenly mansion of god.
these teachings are advanced
and not for the masses
i guess
but i figure to the more
advanced on the net
it is ok to discuss
the anatomy and psychology of
spirit and gods kinddom
i do alot of comparative religion
also..
it is fun
anyway I love you
and I love mother center
and I love Swamiji donald
kryananda
he knew paramahansa
yoganandaji
imagine...
have you been at the crypt at
forest lawn
or his bedroom at mother center?
very powerful places
swami showed me his
meditation spot
and he had a letter from
a babbiji from india
there..
who is divine love.
love
you
victoria bonds

Allen Schmeltz wrote:

> Thanks for your post Clay. Well said!
>
> Blessings,
> Allen

devo...@my-deja.com

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Thanks, Clay. You speak for many others who I've met with the same or
very similar experiences.

In article <lone_fiddler-0...@56k166-119.cyberport.com>,

> -

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

coolco...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2018, 10:44:18 PM12/10/18
I joined SRF in 1976. My mentor was Bro Achalananda. Was initiated in Kriya 1977 by Bro. Anandamoy. Richmond was my temple. I think people should just follow the SRF Lessons as were dictated & written down by Yogananda. Read the books dictated to Daya Mata by Yogananda. Visit wherever the heck they want to worship. Leave the drama to the 'institutions'. Just try to follow the instructions to get calm and be nice.