Navarati

1 view

David Dalton

Oct 22, 2023, 10:56:48 PM10/22/23
We are now in the Hindu festival of Navarati (also spelled Navrati)
which celebrates Durga and her victory over various demons.

My latest attempt to instigate a global new age is described on
the thread “fat-D-moon onset” on alt.religion.druid , and
my top deity is Goddess, the ruler of the region all/everything.

"But you come around in your time; Speaking of fabulous places,
create an oasis; Dries up as soon as you're gone; You leave me
here burning in this desert without you" (Sarah McLachlan)

David Dalton

Oct 23, 2023, 11:55:13 PM10/23/23
On Oct 23, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2AE6186D00...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> We are now in the Hindu festival of Navarati (also spelled Navrati)
> which celebrates Durga and her victory over various demons.
>
> My latest attempt to instigate a global new age is described on
> the thread “fat-D-moon onset” on alt.religion.druid , and
> my top deity is Goddess, the ruler of the region all/everything.

October 24, 2023 is Vijayadashami, also known as Dussehra,
Dasara or Dashain, a major Hindu festival celebrated every year
at the end of Navaratri. It is observed on the tenth day of the
month of Ashvin, the seventh in the Hindu Luni-Solar Calendar.
(from Wikipedia)

It is also United Nations Day.

David Dalton

Oct 24, 2023, 1:05:19 AM10/24/23
On Oct 24, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2AE7779E00...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> On Oct 23, 2023, David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2AE6186D00...@news.eternal-september.org>):
>
> > We are now in the Hindu festival of Navarati (also spelled Navrati)
> > which celebrates Durga and her victory over various demons.
> >
> > My latest attempt to instigate a global new age is described on
> > the thread “fat-D-moon onset” on alt.religion.druid , and
> > my top deity is Goddess, the ruler of the region all/everything.
>
> October 24, 2023 is Vijayadashami, also known as Dussehra,
> Dasara or Dashain, a major Hindu festival celebrated every year
> at the end of Navaratri. It is observed on the tenth day of the
> month of Ashvin, the seventh in the Hindu Luni-Solar Calendar.
> (from Wikipedia)
>
> It is also United Nations Day.

I think it is also about the same phase as Yom Kippur,
the Jewish Day of Atonement, though not the same
lunar month.