Wow... new thread...

1 view

Oliver Brose

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99
Veronica, I feel used. ;)
I think it's you who is runnig this ng-experiment.
I just confessed about beeing influenencable (is this the right word..),
just doing what you asked to.

How are the bets?

Oliver ;)

Lydia Dustbin

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99

I don't run anything but people up the wall.
Should we be posting description of ' boobs and blunders I have made?' If so
I will need a whole newsgroup to myself starting with...
When I was about sixteen, a friend, by keeping his foot on the electrical
socket on the wall. convinced me that if you pulled a knot tight in a cable
the electricity couldn't get round the corners of the knot.

I still remember John with great affection, but the rest of the guys were
waiting when I went back to school on Monday morning.

veronica.

If anybody knows a John Williams ex-Unicorn Inn, then tell him I would still
like to tie a knot in his neck.

Oliver Brose

Aug 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/21/99

> I don't run anything but people up the wall.

Drugs- scary thing... tell me when they come off the wall and start to creep
closer, THEN we're facing something serious.

> Should we be posting description of ' boobs and blunders I have made?' If so

Explain "blunders" please, my dictionary is out of reach.

> I will need a whole newsgroup to myself starting with...

alt.when.veronica.removes.bag.from.face ?

> When I was about sixteen, a friend, by keeping his foot on the electrical
> socket on the wall. convinced me that if you pulled a knot tight in a cable
> the electricity couldn't get round the corners of the knot.

Nice. In fact you can prevent a lot of things by making a knot into
something they have to pass...

> I still remember John with great affection, but the rest of the guys were
> waiting when I went back to school on Monday morning.

I don't quite get this.

> If anybody knows a John Williams ex-Unicorn Inn, then tell him I would still
> like to tie a knot in his neck.

Just my words...

Lydia Dustbin

Aug 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/21/99

> > Should we be posting description of ' boobs and blunders I have made?'
If so

> Explain "blunders" please, my dictionary is out of reach.

Both 'boobs' and and 'blunders' mean the same in this context. Daft
mistakes.
A 'boob' can be laughed at; a 'blunder' can be more serious but not as bad
as a 'mistake'

> > I will need a whole newsgroup to myself starting with...
>
> alt.when.veronica.removes.bag.from.face ?

Grrrr.

> > When I was about sixteen, a friend, by keeping his foot on the
electrical
> > socket on the wall. convinced me that if you pulled a knot tight in a
cable
> > the electricity couldn't get round the corners of the knot.
>
> Nice. In fact you can prevent a lot of things by making a knot into
> something they have to pass...
>

> > I still remember John with great affection, but the rest of the guys
were
> > waiting when I went back to school on Monday morning.
>
> I don't quite get this.

No? John had told them all about his science lesson over the tape recorder
and they were all waiting to laugh at me.
Six boys and three girls in that class and I was the butt of the boy's
humour; the one they used to lock in the school cellar... sigh, again.

> > If anybody knows a John Williams ex-Unicorn Inn, then tell him I would
still
> > like to tie a knot in his neck.
>
> Just my words...

Can I take it that English isn't your first language? It doesn't show.

veronica.

Oliver Brose

Aug 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/21/99

>> Just my words...
>
> Can I take it that English isn't your first language? It doesn't show.

What do you mean when saying that "it doesn't show"?
It doesn't show that E isn't my first language?
That could be refered to as a compliment... #}
It, in fact, is not my first language. That's German.
But I was forced into every exchange-program my mother would get aware of,
and today I have to admit that I'm go(&§R""! thankful for that.
X years of non-translated videogames also have a mentionable share in my
pityful abilities.

*blushing again*

Oliver :)

Lydia Dustbin

Aug 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/21/99
> >> Just my words...
> >
> > Can I take it that English isn't your first language? It doesn't show.
>
> What do you mean when saying that "it doesn't show"?
> It doesn't show that E isn't my first language?
> That could be refered to as a compliment... #}
> It, in fact, is not my first language. That's German.

I meant it. I wondered when you asked about blunders.
Aha! German, which did, after all, provide the roots for most common
English.
(You are talking to an avid Anglo Saxon fan, here)

I went to a Rudolph Steiner school where German was thrown at us in large,
heavy chunks. Being a dim sort of child I removed myself from the class
pretty fast. Besides, 'they' all started speaking German from the age of
four, but I only joined at twelve.
I also read more Goethe than I ever wanted to, but have changed my mind
since.

We English, being bred on an Island, have a deep suspicion of any language
but our own. We don't like the Welsh, either, and have succesfully stamped
out the Cornish tongue.
Now if ONLY we could teach the Americans to speak English...

What do you mean, starting a fight?

Cheers, veronica.