Local murder on "Solved"

Dennis

Aug 23, 2009, 9:35:15 AM8/23/09
This happened about 12 miles from me and about two miles from my niece.

DARKE COUNTY, Ohio -- In March of 2003, Gregg Myers of Piqua murdered
his father and step-mother in the rural home near Gettysburg. A Darke
County jury convicted Myers of two counts of aggravated murder.

The killings happened at 7632 Martin Road where Myers' 51-year-old
father, Jack, and step-mom, Linda, 55, were shot with a shotgun at point
blank range while the couple slept.

A 4-year-old grandson hurried a mile on foot to a church and daycare
center at the end of Martin Road to get help.

The jury spared Myers life. Instead of death, Myers was sentenced to
prison for life without parole eligibility.

Among those interviewed for the documentary was Northern Bureau Chief
Steve Baker.

The program, called "Solved," airs at 9 p.m. on Monday.

Kelly

Aug 23, 2009, 11:00:00 AM8/23/09
> A 4-year-old grandson hurried a mile on foot to a church and daycare
> center at the end of Martin Road to get help.

That sentence breaks your heart, don't it.

"Dennis" <den...@bright.net> wrote in message

Dennis

Aug 23, 2009, 12:40:18 PM8/23/09
The parents were blown apart in their sleep with a shotgun. The son
got evicted and killed the parents to get their house so he wouldn't
be homeless. He has a home for a long, long time, now...

~> Bob <~

Aug 23, 2009, 2:53:04 PM8/23/09
On Aug 23, 10:40 am, Dennis <den...@bright.net> wrote:
> The parents were blown apart in their sleep with a shotgun. The son
> got evicted and killed the parents to get their house so he wouldn't
> be homeless. He has a home for a long, long time, now...

And maybe a new "daddy".

donnag...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2017, 7:29:19 PM10/6/17
No. He'll never get out. This is a good thing

rikkispe...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2018, 3:16:15 AM12/17/18
Who ended up getting the home?

troym...@gmail.com