Lucky me!!

Karen/Mags

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
Hello!!

I posted before about Lee Shore wanting to see my manuscript.
Well I got a call today, they want to conference call with me
tomorrow to discuss representing me on the sale of my book!!!!
I'm very excited!
I will be on my guard though ~ if they ask for money, I will
refuse their service.
I will not be taken advantage of by any agent. I will look for
another agent until I
find one that will be paying me instead!

Keep your fingers crossed for me!! My luck is about to
change!!!! I can feel it!
Monday I got a new job... full time in a chemistry lab with a pay
raise and insurance
after 4 weeks!! I was in a worn-out job for 20 years. It felt
great to resign from that one!!!

Karen Hoskins
sunkman...@hotmail.com

PButler111

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
Isn't Lee Shore a mass-mailing scam agency? I'm fairly certain it is.

>Subject: Lucky me!!
>From: Karen/Mags kdd...@fuse.net
>Date: 02/16/2000 10:55 AM Central Standard Time

>sunkmanitusapa@

http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

PButler111

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
From the Lee Shore Agency website:

Q: What is an evaluation fee?

A: Today, most agents charge an evaluation fee. These fees range anywhere from
$100-$700, so be sure to inquire as to the kind of review you will receive.
Agencies that do not charge reading fees usually are not looking for new
clients and will only review a manuscript upon the referral of an established
author.

Q: What can I expect from the Lee Shore Agency for my evaluation fee?

A: An honest review of your work by one or more of our professional editorial
staff members, time to speak with the agent regarding your review, and
consideration for representation.

These people are BAD NEWS! The "luckiest" thing you could do is run from them
-- and fast.

http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

acdouglas

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

"Karen/Mags" <kdd...@fuse.net> wrote:

| Hello!!
|
| I posted before about Lee Shore wanting to see my manuscript.
| Well I got a call today, they want to conference call with me
| tomorrow to discuss representing me on the sale of my book!!!!
| I'm very excited!

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but in dealing with Lee Shore
you're dealing with flat-out pimps. Even if they don't ask for up-front
money, be *very* careful looking over any contract. Make absolutely
certain there are no "buried" charges involved -- e.g., having to pay
for "extraordinary expenses."

My advice: Play them, if you've a mind to (I've done that with a pimp
just to be nasty and cost him money), but don't commit anything to
them.

ACD

Prague158

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
>I will be on my guard though ~ if they ask for money, I will
>refuse their service.

Karen,
Sorry to say it, but they will ask for money. Stick to agents who are members
of AAR - it's safer.

Animeg3282

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
Karen said:

>Hello!!
>
>I posted before about Lee Shore wanting to see my manuscript.
>Well I got a call today, they want to conference call with me
>tomorrow to discuss representing me on the sale of my book!!!!
>I'm very excited!

>I will be on my guard though ~ if they ask for money, I will
>refuse their service.

>I will not be taken advantage of by any agent. I will look for
>another agent until I
>find one that will be paying me instead!

Lee Shore? Weren't they the evil agents who took all of somebody's cash? Or am
I nuts? It's probably the latter, but congrats to you anyway.

Hana no Kaitou
Pledged to the Way of the Wimp
Cause of the month: Pastel Yumi
http://members.aol.com/Animeg3282/index.html ,
http://members.aol.com/animeg3282/page5/index.htm<--Please visit both my main
home page, and Fancy Lala fanclub.

David M. Harris

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
From the reports I see, the chance of there not being any charges, open
or hidden, is close to zero. Let us know if they =don't= ask you for
money, rather than if they do.

You might want to stop by at www.sfwa.org and click on some of the links
for information about agents, particularly the Editors and Preditors
page, where you'll find Lee Shore listed as an agency with whom you
should not do business.

dmh

Karen/Mags

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
I haven't put out a dime yet! The minute they say send money is the moment I say
"Kiss my ass ans send my stuff back to me!!" I know what to look for and we are
only talking on the phone. I'll be careful.

Karen

Karen/Mags

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
acdouglas wrote:

> "Karen/Mags" <kdd...@fuse.net> wrote:
>
> | Hello!!
> |
> | I posted before about Lee Shore wanting to see my manuscript.
> | Well I got a call today, they want to conference call with me
> | tomorrow to discuss representing me on the sale of my book!!!!
> | I'm very excited!

> I don't mean to rain on your parade, but in dealing with Lee Shore
> you're dealing with flat-out pimps. Even if they don't ask for up-front
> money, be *very* careful looking over any contract. Make absolutely
> certain there are no "buried" charges involved -- e.g., having to pay
> for "extraordinary expenses."
>
> My advice: Play them, if you've a mind to (I've done that with a pimp
> just to be nasty and cost him money), but don't commit anything to
> them.

We are only going to be talking on the phone. The minute they say send
money, I'll tell them where to go!! I will have an attorney look over the
contract IF it comes to that.

Karen

> ACD

Karen/Mags

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
Prague158 wrote:

> >I will be on my guard though ~ if they ask for money, I will
> >refuse their service.
>

> Karen,
> Sorry to say it, but they will ask for money. Stick to agents who are members
> of AAR - it's safer.

Like I said, I know what not to do. If they offer a contract, I will be showing
it to an attorney. I won't go crazy and sign anything that comes my way. My
publishing professor in college instilled in me the good and bad in agents. I
will be wary....

acdouglas

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

"Karen/Mags" <kdd...@fuse.net> wrote:

| We are only going to be talking on the phone. The minute they say
send
| money, I'll tell them where to go!! I will have an attorney look over
the
| contract IF it comes to that.

That's the ticket! And BTW, the "conference call" is part of their
"script". Very slick operation they're running.

The best way to stay out of trouble is to remember this: Once your ms
is accepted, the writer-agent relationship becomes a partnership. The
writer's job is to provide the ms; the agent's, to turn it into money.
You've already done your job. Until the ms is sold, it's ALL on THEIR
shoulders. If they ask you, or the contract requires you, to do or
provide *anything* else before that time, something is wrong. If you
remember that as a guiding principle, you'll never get into trouble.
The very worst that can happen is that a dishonest or incompetent agent
will waste 6-12 months (length of contract) of your ms's market time.

ACD

M. Alley

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
I too have heard that Lee Shore is to be avoided. Go forth with caution.
They may not ask for $$$ until you are so far gone with hopefulness that you
pay it just because it seems like a small investment in your writing future.

If they don't ask for money . . . HURRAH!

My first agent was a skank and a drunk out of Florida, my second agent was a
wannabe out of Los Angeles. I paid 100$ to the skank back in 1995 and only
postage to the wannabe. But I'm still looking for one that has their #$%@
together enough to actually sell one of my ms.

Good luck, and don't let the %$#@ers take you for anything.

Asradel
http://home.att.net/~asradel/

PButler111

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

>We are only going to be talking on the phone. The minute they say send
>money, I'll tell them where to go!! I will have an attorney look over the
>contract IF it comes to that.
>
>Karen

Karen, you've been warned about these people at least a dozen times. If you
have a regular attorney you're paying to do things like look over sleazy agents
you seem to have your heart set on, then perhaps you don't need an agent at
all. Finding the publisher is the easy part. If you're going to pay an
attorney, pay him or her to review your book contract. Your faith in Lee Shore
is incredibly misguided.

http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

PButler111

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
>Like I said, I know what not to do. If they offer a contract, I will be
>showing
>it to an attorney. I won't go crazy and sign anything that comes my way. My
>publishing professor in college instilled in me the good and bad in agents. I
>will be wary....

You haven't been so far.

http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

PButler111

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
>Subject: Re: Lucky me!!
>From: Karen/Mags kdd...@fuse.net
>Date: 2/16/2000 3:20 PM Central Standard Time

>I haven't put out a dime yet! The minute they say send money is the moment I
>say
>"Kiss my ass ans send my stuff back to me!!" I know what to look for and we
>are
>only talking on the phone. I'll be careful.
>
>Karen

Karen, you're the kind of person these people pray for. You're wasting an
incredible amount of time even talking to them on the phone. I've never seen
anyone with such thick rose-colored glasses so firmly welded in front of their
eyes.

http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

Karen/Mags

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
PButler111 wrote:

Excuse me Peanut Butter, but you don't know me well enough to pass judgementon
anything I do. I will listen to what they have to say....even plan on recording
it.
The very second I hear send $$$ is the very second I tell them I'm not interested.

I have resolved myself to the fact that there are few reputable agents. LS didn't

bug me for a reading fee and they have had my manuscript less than a month.
They deserve to be heard until the words "send me money" comes out of their
mouths.
I'll know soon enough and I'll let the world know if they have been jacking me
around.

Karen

> http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

David M. Harris

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
Karen, I think you're missing one important fact here: Lee Shore is not
a legitimate agency. They don't actually make any money submitting
manuscripts to legitimate publishers. They cannot do you any good.

Talk to them all you want, but that won't change.

dmh

Karen/Mags

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
David M. Harris wrote:

I'm not missing anything. I'll listen to what they have to say until they
say 'send money'.That is the moment I tell them to 'go to hell'!!

Do any of you understand that?!?!?!?!?

Karen

> dmh

Karen/Mags

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
acdouglas wrote:

> "Karen/Mags" <kdd...@fuse.net> wrote:
>
> | We are only going to be talking on the phone. The minute they say
> send

> | money, I'll tell them where to go!! I will have an attorney look over
> the
> | contract IF it comes to that.

> That's the ticket! And BTW, the "conference call" is part of their
> "script". Very slick operation they're running.

Thank you for understanding. Everyone else seems to be judgmental instead
ofoffering advice as to what I should look out for. I got the questions
from the AAR to
ask them. If I don't like one answer.... they're history!

Karen

Karen/Mags

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
PButler111 wrote:

> >We are only going to be talking on the phone. The minute they say send
> >money, I'll tell them where to go!! I will have an attorney look over the
> >contract IF it comes to that.
> >

> >Karen
> >

> Karen, you've been warned about these people at least a dozen times. If you
> have a regular attorney you're paying to do things like look over sleazy agents
> you seem to have your heart set on, then perhaps you don't need an agent at
> all. Finding the publisher is the easy part. If you're going to pay an
> attorney, pay him or her to review your book contract. Your faith in Lee Shore
> is incredibly misguided.

There you go judging me again. I don't give a rats ass what you think. I know
what tolook for and the second I don't like what I'm hearing, they are history.

Just because you have been published, doesn't mean you are leader of the ng.
If I make a mistake, I have to live with it. The more you nitpick at my posts,
the more pissed I get. I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!!!

> http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

Karen/Mags

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
PButler111 wrote:

> >Like I said, I know what not to do. If they offer a contract, I will be
> >showing
> >it to an attorney. I won't go crazy and sign anything that comes my way. My
> >publishing professor in college instilled in me the good and bad in agents. I
> >will be wary....
> >

> You haven't been so far.

GEE, HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT AS A WARNER'S FEE?!I am answering those who have posted
to ME and you are putting your
GD 2cents in on every frigging one of them. BACK OFF!!!!!!
You have no right to keep your $#!+ up on me. I'm sick of you
and your pseudo-care. Do everyone a favor and mind your own
business for a change!! We might just get along without you.

> http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

PButler111

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00

Tape recording your telephone conversation without their permission -- given on
the tape -- is a violation of state and federal laws. Ask Linda Tripp. And
there are many, many reputable agents. If you weren't spending so much time
chasing after the well-known scam artists, maybe you'd have more time to check
out the scores of legitimate agents who might be happy to represent you.

http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

PButler111

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00

>There you go judging me again. I don't give a rats ass what you think. I
>know
>what tolook for and the second I don't like what I'm hearing, they are
>history.
>
>Just because you have been published, doesn't mean you are leader of the ng.
>If I make a mistake, I have to live with it. The more you nitpick at my
>posts,
>the more pissed I get. I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!!!

Are you a teenager? You sound incredibly teenagery. You seem to have an
inability to separate someone "judging" you from someone trying to give you
sound advice. You're the one who came here dumping this stuff on the
newsgroup. If you didn't want any input from others, you should have kept all
this to yourself. Your "YOU AIN' THE BOSSA ME!" response is just embarrassing.

http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

PButler111

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00

I think we've understood you're desperate and in denial for quite awhile now.
You're the only one who seems to be missing that.

http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

PButler111

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
>GEE, HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT AS A WARNER'S FEE?!I am answering those who have
>posted
>to ME and you are putting your
>GD 2cents in on every frigging one of them. BACK OFF!!!!!!
>You have no right to keep your $#!+ up on me. I'm sick of you
>and your pseudo-care. Do everyone a favor and mind your own
>business for a change!! We might just get along without you.

Someone miss their nap today? Want me to find your binky for you? I have
every "right" to respond to anything you post in a public forum. And anything
you choose to post in a public forum automatically becomes the "business" of
anyone who happens to see it. Your behavior is juvenile. Lee Shore is less
likely to offer you a contract than a lollipop just to plug you up. Sheesh!

http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

Karen/Mags

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
PButler111 wrote:

No I'm not desperate. I've only had 10 rejections so I have plenty of agents to
go.I'm not missing a damn thing so FUCK OFF!!!!

> http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

Karen/Mags

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
PButler111 wrote:

I haven't been a teenager for 20+ years. I am one of those people who thought she
was sharing good news and was looking for a pat on the back. I wasn't expecting to
be told what my attitude was by the likes of you. I'm my father's daughter... I
hate for people to even remotely sound like they are trying to tell me how I should
be doing things. That makes me more pig-headed and determined to show you that you
are an asshole for telling me the opposite of what I would have appreciated. I
received an e-mail from a person who dealt with LS personally. I know what to look
for. This person had first hand experience. That is what I respect, not turkeys
like you who have never dealt with a business in person, but take it on what other
people say they "heard". If you can't respect my rights as a person to do as I see
fit.....wait...... I don't give a damn what you think!!

> http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

Vega

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
Karen/Mags <kdd...@fuse.net> wrote:

>I posted before about Lee Shore wanting to see my manuscript.
>Well I got a call today, they want to conference call with me
>tomorrow to discuss representing me on the sale of my book!!!!
>I'm very excited!

>I will be on my guard though ~ if they ask for money, I will
>refuse their service.

>I will not be taken advantage of by any agent. I will look for
>another agent until I
>find one that will be paying me instead!
>

>Keep your fingers crossed for me!! My luck is about to
>change!!!! I can feel it!

Ok, let's assume that Lee Shore never asks you for money. Let's
assume that you sign a contract, reviewed by your lawyer, that
seems completely legitimate. Let's assume that this agent
will never take advantage of your obvious desire to become a
published writer.

How does forming a relationship with a disreputable agent help
your writing career? Isn't it probable that dealing with such an
agent could actually hurt your career?

Sincere questions, really. Look beyond getting the contract. Ask
yourself what this agent, an agent with a tarnished reputation in
the industry, will be able to do for you once you've committed to
a partnership. Nothing immediately comes to my mind... how about
yours?

Vega

PButler111

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00

>I haven't been a teenager for 20+ years. I am one of those people who
>thought she
>was sharing good news and was looking for a pat on the back. I wasn't
>expecting to
>be told what my attitude was by the likes of you. I'm my father's
>daughter... I
>hate for people to even remotely sound like they are trying to tell me how I
>should
>be doing things. That makes me more pig-headed and determined to show you
>that you
>are an asshole for telling me the opposite of what I would have appreciated.
>received an e-mail from a person who dealt with LS personally. I know what
>to look
>for. This person had first hand experience. That is what I respect, not
>turkeys
>like you who have never dealt with a business in person, but take it on what
>other
>people say they "heard". If you can't respect my rights as a person to do as
>I see
>fit.....wait...... I don't give a damn what you think!!

Oh, well that's different. This is *much* more mature than YOU AIN'T THE BOSSA
ME! Instead we have you basically saying that, because your father,
apparently, was an idiot, you feel very strongly that if someone advises you
that it's a bad idea to step in front of a speeding semi, you simply MUST race
right out into the middle of the street. Sensible, sensible -- well done. And
as for you not giving a damn what I think, then why are you working so hard to
change my mind? Once again, you're the one who came here and dumped all this
on the newsgroup. If you didn't want people to respond honestly, you should
have kept it to yourself. Instead you're having a temper tantrum because
professional writers -- and I'm not the only one who's been trying to get
through to you -- are telling you, quite truthfully, that you're behaving in an
unwise manner and dealing with unscrupulous people. It has nothing to do with
"respecting your rights as a human being" or as an eggplant for that matter.
Your simply wasting your time and our time and even the scam artists' time. In
other words -- what a total waste.

http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

Karen/Mags

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
You are the fucking idiot!!!!!!  I never said YOU AIN'T THE BOSSA ME! (Your own misspelling which you hate so much.  Sheesh!!)  I never went into anything with 'rose colored glasses' as you put it, I never went into anything blindly.  I put her in her place and am now in search of a new agent to deal with. All I did was waste her time and she wasn't any too happy for it either.  Boo hoo to her too.
[...]
The only waste I made was even bothering to type anything back to you.That won't happen again!!  Run someone else's life Peanut Butter!!

http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

PButler111

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
>> Oh, well that's different. This is *much* more mature than YOU AIN'T THE
>BOSSA
>> ME! Instead we have you basically saying that, because your father,
>> apparently, was an idiot,
>
>You are the fucking idiot!!!!!! I never said YOU AIN'T THE BOSSA ME! (Your
>own
>misspelling which you hate so much. Sheesh!!)<<

Are you being purposely obtuse? Or are you really this literal-minded?

> I never went into anything
>with
>'rose colored glasses' as you put it, I never went into anything blindly. I
>put
>her in her place and am now in search of a new agent to deal with. All I did
>was
>waste her time and she wasn't any too happy for it either. Boo hoo to her
>too.

Okay, who the hell is "her"??

http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

grizellda

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00

PButler111 wrote in message
<20000217074307...@ng-bj1.aol.com>...

>>There you go judging me again. I don't give a rats ass what you think. I
>>know
>>what tolook for and the second I don't like what I'm hearing, they are
>>history.
>>
>>Just because you have been published, doesn't mean you are leader of the
ng.
>>If I make a mistake, I have to live with it. The more you nitpick at my
>>posts,
>>the more pissed I get. I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!!!

Sorry for posting through Patricia, but I marked your original read and
can't find it. If you are seriously getting pissed at what Patricia is
saying, perhaps you should hang it up. She can be harsh, but imagine what
the critiques may say. No, you should crawl back into your hole and protect
yourself from the world. You are too fragile to survive out there. After
all, they are just words from a stranger.

Grizzellda
"Who cares? I don't care. A horse's ass is better than yours."-From Beef
Jerky - Cibo Mato
http://www.familyshoebox.com/family/grizzellda

>Are you a teenager? You sound incredibly teenagery. You seem to have an
>inability to separate someone "judging" you from someone trying to give you
>sound advice. You're the one who came here dumping this stuff on the
>newsgroup. If you didn't want any input from others, you should have kept
all
>this to yourself. Your "YOU AIN' THE BOSSA ME!" response is just
embarrassing.

>http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

tessp...@my-deja.com

Feb 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/18/00
Hi Karen - I didn't really read all the messages to you because most of
them seemed like put downs. Especially that AngelsDance/Angels Die
person, she's got so much anger. I'm a published author and I'm a
member of Novelw...@onelist.com. I think you'd enjoy that group.
People are supportive and we don't get all the nastiness you see here.
Also it's moderated so if anyone gets out of hand they're dropped.
There are lots of good folks there willing to share what they know.
Good luck -
Tess

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Animeg3282

Feb 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/18/00
Pbutler said:

>Are you a teenager? You sound incredibly teenagery. You seem to have an
>inability to separate someone "judging" you from someone trying to give you
>sound advice. You're the one who came here dumping this stuff on the
>newsgroup. If you didn't want any input from others, you should have kept
>all
>this to yourself. Your "YOU AIN' THE BOSSA ME!" response is just
>embarrassing.

If someone disagrees with you, you call 'em a teenager. I see nothing wrong
with being a teenager, and I think that if you have a problem with them, that
is your problem, you know? She is yelling because of your tone. Some people are
delicate and easily irritated. Gently. Gently. The advice won't go down now.
Back away. Calmly. Gently.

Hana no Kaitou
Pledged to the Way of the Wimp
Cause of the month: Pastel Yumi
http://members.aol.com/Animeg3282/index.html ,
http://members.aol.com/animeg3282/page5/index.htm<--Please visit both my main
home page, and Fancy Lala fanclub.

Nina Jones

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

I sent my ms on a floppy to my agent, and she even paid to have it
printed out. I said I would reimburse her, but she never asked for
anything. I did finally send her a printed copy (1). Nina

Nina Jones

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
Karen, good luck on your new job, and may you find an agent who is
really legit and will do his/her best for you. Nina

--
Nina Riggs Jones (aka ninamomma/La Nina)
Boys are made of gooshy green gopher guts,

Jose Rodriguez

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
E-mail me privately and I will show you how to set up a filter to delete
individuals messages that get uploaded to your newsreader. You will no
longer be harassed because you will no longer see their messages.

I forgot to mention congratulations on your success :)

"Karen/Mags" <kdd...@fuse.net> wrote in message
> Hello!!

> I posted before about Lee Shore wanting to see my manuscript.
> Well I got a call today, they want to conference call with me
> tomorrow to discuss representing me on the sale of my book!!!!
> I'm very excited!
> I will be on my guard though ~ if they ask for money, I will
> refuse their service.
> I will not be taken advantage of by any agent. I will look for
> another agent until I
> find one that will be paying me instead!
>
> Keep your fingers crossed for me!! My luck is about to
> change!!!! I can feel it!

> Monday I got a new job... full time in a chemistry lab with a pay
> raise and insurance
> after 4 weeks!! I was in a worn-out job for 20 years. It felt
> great to resign from that one!!!
>
> Karen Hoskins
> sunkman...@hotmail.com

Message has been deleted

PButler111

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
>Subject: Re: Lucky me!!
>From: "Jose Rodriguez" jrodrigu...@yahoo.com
>Date: 02/21/2000 10:34 AM Central Standard Time
>
>Karen, I feel for you
>

>I hate to tell you this, but your talking to the wrong crowd. In a normal
>newsgroup you would get supportive people. I say KILLFILE the ones that do
>not give you good advice!

Since Jose has demonstrated that he wouldn't know the difference between good
advice and bad advice if they each came up and handed him business cards, you
might want to take *his* advice with more than one grain of salt.

http://www.AngelsDance-AngelsDie.com

Paul Chandler

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
> > I posted before about Lee Shore wanting to see my manuscript.
> > Well I got a call today, they want to conference call with me
> > tomorrow to discuss representing me on the sale of my book!!!!
> > I'm very excited!
> > I will be on my guard though ~ if they ask for money, I will
> > refuse their service.
> > I will not be taken advantage of by any agent. I will look for
> > another agent until I
> > find one that will be paying me instead!

That's exactly what Lee Shore did with me 4 years ago. The old conference
call. I bet she'll pitch you editing services, which by the way, she
provides for a fee. She also tried to get me to sign on to her own vanity
publishing service. She'll be sending you a bill for postage, query letter
preparation fees, phone calls, and photocopying. Her scam is to sign up as
many authors as she can so she can bill them for "miscellaneous office
expenses." This is quite clever actually. She doesn't hit you up front for
big bucks, she bleeds you slowly, over many months or years. She's probably
billing thousands of dollars a month. Not a bad racket.

Shall I continue? As far as I can tell, this agency hasn't sold a single
title since I canned them. Just try and ask them for a list of titles
they've sold. When I tried asking them, they got pissed off.

I hope the authorities get her someday. She's cheated a lot of writers.

Paul C.

Logosof42

Feb 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/25/00

>If I make a mistake, I have to live with it.

so you admit it is possible that this is a mistake.

> The more you nitpick at my posts,
>the more pissed I get.

and it is apparently easy to emotionally manipulate you

> I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!!!

and waht is that?
wasting your time on a highly questionable agency?
wasteing everyones time on a useless thread?
being stroked and suckered by scam artists?

which is it?