Possible phone scam.

Bruce Atchison - author

Mar 1, 2010, 12:07:24 PM3/1/10
Dear folks;

I got a call from somebody who sounded like she said her name was May
Anderson on February 26 at 8:37 A.M. MST from 1-877-207-1679, extension 304.
I tried calling the number but it was unavailable in my area. That must
mean it was from Outside Canada on a toll free number that isn't for all of
North America. This woman just mentioned that she's interested in talking
to me about my book but she only mentioned the subtitle, Six Years in a
Blind School. I googled the number and checked it out on a reverse phone
number look-up site. Apparently somebody got a call in August from a Lee
Anderson about a book she'd not written yet. No company was mentioned in
either of our recordings.

I had a similar experience with Bookwhirl.com last year. They were a
promotional company with rather high prices. I declined their offer and I
suggest everybody treats calls like the one I got with extreme caution. I'm
telling as many writers as possible about this so they don't get tricked
into a shady deal.

Sincerely;

Bruce Atchison, author of Deliverance from Jericho and When a Man Loves a
Rabbit.

www.inscribe.org/BruceAtchison