CHECKS

Clint Wirth

Jun 3, 2006, 11:54:20 PM6/3/06
If someone gets a check in their name and they have a valid id, they
should be able to cash that check, right? Why is it that I'm getting
people from Nigeria who say that they're going to be sent a check, but
they can't cash it. They want to send it to me to cash and then send
the money to them. Scam aside, is there any logic reason why they
can't cash it?

JF

Jun 4, 2006, 4:13:43 AM6/4/06
In message <MPsgg.2497$nV4.286@trndny03>, Clint Wirth
<clin...@verizon.net> writes

Your saying 'scam aside' is inappropriate. The whole thing is a scam. A
very successful one, too. It's been going on for about thirty years.

Bruce Atchison - author

Mar 13, 2009, 1:16:01 PM3/13/09
Greetings;

Ordinarily, a person can set up an account and have the cheque deposited in
it. I would stear clear of anybody asking me to cash a cheque for them,
especially from Nigeria. There are so many sob stories going around the net
and it's tempting to give the writers of them a hand. Unfortunately, the
majority are scammers.

If you can, borrow or buy the book The Big Sell by Pierre Berton. Though it
was written in 1963, the advice in it is still applicable and remarkably
relevant. I must admit that I've fallen for many of the tricks that Pierre
Berton warned about. If I was a school teacher, I would insist that my
students read the book. This is one book that deserves to be read by
everybody.

Sincerely,

Bruce Atchison - author of Deliverance from Jericho (Six Years in a Blind
School) and When a Man Loves a Rabbit ((Learning and Living With Bunnies).

http://www.bookstream.biz/cgi-bin/bookstream/bookstore.cgi?overlord=Details&store_id=132

http://www.bookstream.biz/cgi-bin/bookstream/bookstore.cgi?overlord=Details&store_id=102