Flexible wood that stains like oak

已查看 8 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

BrianSiano

未读,
2012年12月25日 13:40:152012/12/25
收件人
I'm prepping a baseboard trim project, and I have a small problem. I'd planned on making the baseboard "cap," the profiled strip that installs at the top of the baseboard, out of oak; the baseboard's oak ply, so it'd match.

Thing is, the walls in my old house are never completely straight, and it's difficult to get oak to flex even the slight amount it'd require to fit close to the wall.

So I'd like to know what kind of wood is soft enough to flex a little-- say, as much as pine does-- but whose grain pattern looks similar to oak's. I know this isn't a likely combination, but I thought I'd ask before I try another strategy.

john

未读,
2013年3月29日 00:28:022013/3/29
收件人
In article <fccea3a7-d1f5-4ca2...@googlegroups.com>,
brian...@gmail.com says...

> I'm prepping a baseboard trim project, and I have a small problem. I'd planned on making the baseboard "cap," the profiled strip that installs at the top of the baseboard, out of oak; the baseboard's oak ply, so it'd match.
>
> Thing is, the walls in my old house are never completely straight, and it's difficult to get oak to flex even the slight amount it'd require to fit close to the wall.
>
> So I'd like to know what kind of wood is soft enough to flex a little-- say, as much as pine does-- but whose grain pattern looks similar to oak's. I know this isn't a likely combination, but I thought I'd ask before I try another strategy.

steam the oak..
it will bend..

dadiOH

未读,
2013年5月20日 08:22:592013/5/20
收件人
How thick and wide is the cap strip? Oak bends easily and well if the
size is reasonable. If not, caulk the gap...that is SOP.
0 个新帖子