Back from tour

1 view

markzoom

Aug 25, 2004, 3:53:55 AM8/25/04
Apart from going to my wife's new nephew's christening in Kopenhagen
(denmark), I showed my wife the places I went to school and introduced
her to the rest of the family. 1 week in Trieste (Italy), 2 weeks in
Vienna, days Kopenhagen. Also got to do electro-fishing on the danube
as one of my nephews is doing a marine biology degree, they do this
once a month to survey fish migrations.

Glad to hear the floridians got a hammering while I was offline. Sow
the CO2, reap the whirlwind, hehehe!
Mark K.

Imndano

Aug 25, 2004, 4:37:08 AM8/25/04
>Apart from going to my wife's new nephew's christening in Kopenhagen
>(denmark),

Masaltov :)

>Glad to hear the floridians got a hammering while I was offline. Sow
>the CO2, reap the whirlwind, hehehe!

Your reply is so surprising...

<B><Font Color="#FF0000"> Patti
</Font Color> <Font Color="#000080"> Make it idiot proof and someone will make
a better idiot.

Maria T3

Aug 25, 2004, 9:24:27 AM8/25/04
>Glad to hear the floridians got a hammering while I was offline. Sow
>the CO2, reap the whirlwind, hehehe!

Welcome back, Sunshine.

~ Maria ~
"Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated.
"
Alphonse de Lamartine

Cherylb382

Aug 25, 2004, 12:16:07 PM8/25/04
Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!!

>Also got to do electro-fishing on the danube

This sounds cool, how do they do it??

Mary

Aug 25, 2004, 1:40:55 PM8/25/04
You were gone? :-)

Mary

markzoom

Aug 25, 2004, 4:02:27 PM8/25/04
mar...@aol.commonsense (Maria T3) wrote in message news:<20040825092427...@mb-m04.aol.com>...

> >Glad to hear the floridians got a hammering while I was offline. Sow
> >the CO2, reap the whirlwind, hehehe!
>
> Welcome back, Sunshine.

Fortunately we had no significant rain during the whole four week
holiday. Conversely, in GB they are saying it was one of the wettest
months ever. We were really lucky.
Trieste particularly was very relaxing (You are part Italian, aren't
you?), http://triestemia.com/gallery

took pics of both schools I went to and the house I lived 30 years
ago, same in vienna.

Maria T3

Aug 25, 2004, 4:06:04 PM8/25/04
> (You are part Italian, aren't
>you?),

100%
Hopefully, I'll be going there next year.

hello

Aug 25, 2004, 4:36:27 PM8/25/04
On 25 Aug 2004 00:53:55 -0700, mark...@digiverse.net (markzoom)
wrote:

Hey, Mark!

Imndano

Aug 25, 2004, 6:07:37 PM8/25/04
>100%
>Hopefully, I'll be going there next year.

Maria, would you believe I just found out a few weeks ago my Aunt has a home in
Italy, I had no clue LOL, my older Sis & her family are going next year, she's
letting them stay at her place.

My Aunt and her hubby ( he came to this country in early 70's ) and their 2
kids go all the time but I assumed they stayed in hotels, my Aunt said are you
nuts we got the family home complete with the staff.

markzoom

Aug 25, 2004, 7:29:53 PM8/25/04
chery...@aol.com (Cherylb382) wrote in message news:<20040825121607...@mb-m21.aol.com>...

> Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!!
>
> >Also got to do electro-fishing on the danube
>
> This sounds cool, how do they do it??

It only works in freshwater. They have a kind of boom thing in front
of the boat with wires hanging from it attached to a generator. The
fish get zapped and come to the surface where you quickly get them
with a landing net before they recover. They then get measured and put
back. On the Old Danube, which goes right through Vienna, they do this
once a month to study migratory patterns. They also tag some fish.
Mark K.

donna

Aug 25, 2004, 8:51:05 PM8/25/04
Apart from going to my wife's new nephew's christening in Kopenhagen
(denmark),

You went to a Christening? Wow, what a hypocrite...you are an athiest (I
thought that is what you said). I know you hate hypocrites. Also, we know
where the city you visited is (you didn't need to tell us the country). I
prayed on my trip for the victims of the hurricane. We had people leave
Bermuda and fly home to be with their loved ones, instead of staying on the
cruise. You are a very odd person.

markzoom

Aug 26, 2004, 4:05:06 AM8/26/04
curea...@aol.comnojunk (donna ) wrote in message news:<20040825205105...@mb-m22.aol.com>...

> Apart from going to my wife's new nephew's christening in Kopenhagen
> (denmark),
>
> You went to a Christening? Wow, what a hypocrite...you are an athiest (I
> thought that is what you said). I know you hate hypocrites.

I went there out of politeness and to take pics for the family. I
certainly didn't pray or any of the rest of it, that would be
hypocrisy.

> Also, we know
> where the city you visited is (you didn't need to tell us the country).

You don't know what other people do and do not know.

> prayed on my trip for the victims of the hurricane.

Nice dodge, much easier than actually doing something. What car/s do
you drive again? How about not buying fuel guzzlers.

> We had people leave
> Bermuda and fly home to be with their loved ones, instead of staying on the
> cruise.

And?

> You are a very odd person.

Normality and logic would seem odd to you.

Mark K.

markzoom

Aug 26, 2004, 4:05:37 AM8/26/04
hello <ju...@home.com> wrote in message news:<l2upi0pmjohd8dmnl...@4ax.com>...

Howdy old fruit.
M.K.

donna

Aug 26, 2004, 6:49:13 AM8/26/04
> prayed on my trip for the victims of the hurricane.

Nice dodge, much easier than actually doing something. What car/s do
you drive again? How about not buying fuel guzzlers.

Talk about a dodge....you turn it from praying for hurricane victims to cars.
What would you have liked me to do from Bermuda to help? I gave money to the
Red Cross to help, FYI. I don't have a "big ass SUV". You probably assume
everyone does in the USA

EvieC123

Aug 26, 2004, 9:56:08 AM8/26/04
>> >Glad to hear the floridians got a hammering while I was offline. Sow the
CO2, reap the whirlwind, hehehe!

I was with you until this jab....

*~Evie~*

TheGoochie

Aug 26, 2004, 11:54:28 AM8/26/04
> Hey, Mark!

Howdy old fruit.
M.K.>>

LOL..you've met?

markzoom

Aug 26, 2004, 12:17:05 PM8/26/04
curea...@aol.comnojunk (donna ) wrote in message news:<20040826064913...@mb-m21.aol.com>...

> > prayed on my trip for the victims of the hurricane.
>
> Nice dodge, much easier than actually doing something. What car/s do
> you drive again? How about not buying fuel guzzlers.
>
> Talk about a dodge....you turn it from praying for hurricane victims to cars.

"Praying" to an imaginary skydaddy serves zilch in practice.

> What would you have liked me to do from Bermuda to help? I gave money to the
> Red Cross to help, FYI.

Good.

> I don't have a "big ass SUV". You probably assume

> everyone does in the USA.

I KNOW that most yanks don't think it wrong for people to use fuel
guzzlers.

I presume that many/most Floridian families own "big ass trucks and
SUVs". I therefore don't feel sorry for them being affected by unusual
weather patterns they help cause around the world.
M.K.

Thankyou4beinAFriend

Aug 26, 2004, 3:19:23 PM8/26/04
>"Praying" to an imaginary skydaddy serves zilch in practice.

My "skydaddy" doesn't LIVE in the sky...
He lives in my heart, mind & soul...
He loves ALL people...equally..unconditionally...compassionately....and he
brings me peace of mind when life throws tomatoes at me!

:))))))))

hello

Aug 26, 2004, 3:50:01 PM8/26/04
On 26 Aug 2004 09:17:05 -0700, mark...@digiverse.net (markzoom)
wrote:

>I presume that many/most Floridian families own "big ass trucks and
>SUVs". I therefore don't feel sorry for them being affected by unusual
>weather patterns they help cause around the world.
>M.K.

Yes, but some of us North Americans are also semi-vegetarians. I don't
even own a car or a truck, but I'll still assume some of the blame for
environmental conditions worldwide everytime I methane-bomb our
bathroom.

Don't light a match around me, that's all I'm saying.

Or Dave Matthew's bus. Lol

Pudgey3

Aug 26, 2004, 5:34:29 PM8/26/04
>My "skydaddy" doesn't LIVE in the sky...
>He lives in my heart, mind & soul...
>He loves ALL people...equally..unconditionally...compassionately....and he
>brings me peace of mind when life throws tomatoes at me!

Thank you, sweet Carol. You said it!!

Pudge
Live simply---simply live.

.

JOJO

Aug 26, 2004, 5:44:05 PM8/26/04
My "skydaddy" doesn't LIVE in the sky...
He lives in my heart, mind & soul...
He loves ALL people...equally..unconditionally...compassionately....and he
brings me peace of mind when life throws tomatoes at me!

Right on Carol :))
Mdi
" Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming
gardeners who make our souls blossom."
Marcel Proust

.

markzoom

Aug 26, 2004, 5:45:09 PM8/26/04
evie...@aol.comnojunk (EvieC123) wrote in message news:<20040826095608...@mb-m10.aol.com>...

> CO2, reap the whirlwind, hehehe!
>
> I was with you until this jab....

Irrelevant compared to the jab they give the environment.
M.K.

> *~Evie~*

Judy

Aug 26, 2004, 5:52:08 PM8/26/04
Praying" to an imaginary skydaddy serves zilch in practice..

Mark, I am sorry you can not feel the grace and forgiving.
Judy.....

Worry is like a rocking chair. It will give you
something to do, but it won't get you anywhere.

PRF102

Aug 26, 2004, 7:37:11 PM8/26/04
>My "skydaddy" doesn't LIVE in the sky...
>He lives in my heart, mind & soul...
>He loves ALL people...equally..unconditionally...compassionately....and he
>brings me peace of mind when life throws tomatoes at me!

Well said, Carol!!!

Priscilla
It's nice to be important but
more important to be nice!!

markzoom

Aug 27, 2004, 4:36:51 AM8/27/04
tah...@aol.come2meToo (Thankyou4beinAFriend) wrote in message news:<20040826151923...@mb-m27.aol.com>...

> >"Praying" to an imaginary skydaddy serves zilch in practice.
> >

> My "skydaddy" doesn't LIVE in the sky...
> He lives in my heart, mind & soul...

A phigment of your imagination lives in your imagination.

> He loves ALL people...equally..unconditionally...compassionately....and he
> brings me peace of mind when life throws tomatoes at me!

Obviously not enough to use it's alleged omnipotency to prevent
disease, strife and injustice. Logic says that it's the thing throwing
the tomatoes it invented at you.

M.K.

markzoom

Aug 27, 2004, 4:38:41 AM8/27/04
pud...@aol.compostheap (Pudgey3) wrote in message news:<20040826173429...@mb-m29.aol.com>...

> >My "skydaddy" doesn't LIVE in the sky...
> >He lives in my heart, mind & soul...
> >He loves ALL people...equally..unconditionally...compassionately....and he
> >brings me peace of mind when life throws tomatoes at me!
>
> Thank you, sweet Carol. You said it!!

I'm sure you're even dumb enough to say it when you're slowly dying
from some horrible disease.
M.K.

markzoom

Aug 27, 2004, 4:40:37 AM8/27/04
jud...@aol.committme (Judy) wrote in message news:<20040826175208...@mb-m03.aol.com>...

> Praying" to an imaginary skydaddy serves zilch in practice..
>
> Mark, I am sorry you can not feel the grace and forgiving.
> Judy.....

I'm sorry people afflicted with religion reject logic.
M.K.

JOJO

Aug 27, 2004, 8:36:10 AM8/27/04
Obviously not enough to use it's alleged >omnipotency to prevent
disease, strife and injustice. Logic says that it's the thing throwing
the tomatoes it invented at you.>

it is said that after the flood God said he would not do it again and gave Man
FREE WILL with all the consequnces that goes with it. all the carnage is
created by man not God. Some say they do it in the name of God, but God isnt
the one requesting that Man destroy itself , we choose to do so.

JOJO

Aug 27, 2004, 8:38:59 AM8/27/04
'm sure you're even dumb enough to say it when you're slowly dying
from some horrible disease.
M.K.

Oh please stop!!!! First of all Ann is not Dumb by all means. and to wish that
on anyone is just so wrong on many levels. I wouldnt wish that on you no matter
how bad you choose to be.

EvieC123

Aug 27, 2004, 9:53:16 AM8/27/04
>I'm sure you're even dumb enough to say it when you're slowly dying from some
horrible disease.

Why do you post such ugliness? This was totally unprovoked. You've been back,
what, two days...and I for one have already had enough of your nastiness.

*~Evie~*

Bobster

Aug 27, 2004, 10:29:55 AM8/27/04
This is a sick individual. I no longer can even feel sorry for him.

My first blocked individual in 10 years on the internet.

Move past him Wisdom Folks, it's not worth it.

Noomy

"markzoom" <mark...@digiverse.net> wrote in message

markzoom

Aug 27, 2004, 1:25:53 PM8/27/04
"Bobster" <Ihave...@comcast.com> wrote in message news:<h9-dnYj5e7S...@comcast.com>...

> This is a sick individual.

I see. Anyone who questions the logic of an allegedly benevolent and
omnipotent entity not preventing suffering is a "sick individual".
Duh.

> I no longer can even feel sorry for him.

I feel sorry about your abandonment of logic.

> My first blocked individual in 10 years on the internet.

Super.

> Move past him Wisdom Folks, it's not worth it.

Do what you like, but "wise" folk usually agree with much of what I
say.
M.K.

markzoom

Aug 27, 2004, 1:29:11 PM8/27/04
mdist...@aol.com (JOJO) wrote in message news:<20040827083859...@mb-m04.aol.com>...

> 'm sure you're even dumb enough to say it when you're slowly dying
> from some horrible disease.
> M.K.
>

> Oh please stop!!!! First of all Ann is not Dumb by all means. and to wish that
> on anyone is just so wrong on many levels. I wouldnt wish that on you no matter
> how bad you choose to be.

??? I didn't wish it on her.
Undeniably the alleged omnipotent entity obviously wishes it on many.
Not only is it alleged to be the creator of all (including horrible
disease) it fails to stop suffering.
M.K.

markzoom

Aug 27, 2004, 1:31:20 PM8/27/04
evie...@aol.comnojunk (EvieC123) wrote in message news:<20040827095316...@mb-m21.aol.com>...

The utter lack of logic of religious zealots is provokation enough.
Praise "god", the inventor of cancer, duh.
M.K.

markzoom

Aug 27, 2004, 1:34:43 PM8/27/04
evie...@aol.comnojunk (EvieC123) wrote in message news:<20040827095316...@mb-m21.aol.com>...

btw. Religious freaks always avoid answering their contradictions,
like an alleged benevolent omnipotent entity allowing suffering.
I see religious wisdumbites are no different.
M.K.

joseph irvin

Aug 27, 2004, 4:16:01 PM8/27/04

"markzoom" <mark...@digiverse.net> wrote in message

And hurricanes have been hitting Florida since Floridians have owned SUV, or
since the US has industrialized....no hurricanes before that when the US was
nice and pure?????
> M.K.

hello

Aug 27, 2004, 4:27:44 PM8/27/04
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:16:01 GMT, "joseph irvin"
<j.m....@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>And hurricanes have been hitting Florida since Floridians have owned SUV, or
>since the US has industrialized....no hurricanes before that when the US was
>nice and pure?????

Hurricanes and other disasters (natural and otherwise) would seem to
appear with more historical frequency (even worldwide) whenever
Republicans are in office, I'm beginning to notice. This would tell me
that elephants are indeed not "The Chosen Ones".

Stealing a crown and wearing it does not necessarily entitle one to
the claim of being a king. That needs to be earned... ...with trust
and with good, kingly deeds.

Go Kerry!! <g>

hello

Aug 27, 2004, 4:31:11 PM8/27/04
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:27:44 GMT, hello <ju...@home.com> wrote:

I'm beginning to noti ce.Thiswouldtellme

Is anyone else having this problem...? I'll type a thing so that it
looks just right, but once it's posted... it's all wei rdly spa ced
outand everything.

Maybe my comp has a virus, but my last message didn't look that way
when I typed it...I swear.

Cherylb382

Aug 27, 2004, 5:01:00 PM8/27/04
>I'm sure you're even dumb enough to say it when you're slowly dying
>from some horrible disease.
>M.K.

Even though I'm not involved in this conversation, this statement has hit my
heart due to what happened to a family member of mine. I feel that if there is
to be a debate about religion, cancer, illness or anything, it should be done
in an adult type manner. You never know who you can hurt while stating your
feelings. I feel life is too short to be so angry what others might believe in.
Who cares as long as you aren't hurting anyone.

Peace to you all...............

hello

Aug 27, 2004, 5:09:13 PM8/27/04

{{{{Cheryl}}}}

hello

Aug 27, 2004, 5:11:28 PM8/27/04

The hurting has got to stop, I agree with Cheryl's post.

EvieC123

Aug 27, 2004, 6:07:50 PM8/27/04
>Religious freaks

Wow! First time I've ever been called a religious freak.....and twice! You
sure don't know me, man.

And I don't have to justify what I believe to you, at any rate. I'm certainly
not going to debate the subject of God with an avowed athiest such as yourself.
You're entitled to your beliefs, as I am to mine. I will use my FREE WILL to
*~Evie~*

EvieC123

Aug 27, 2004, 6:09:25 PM8/27/04
>The hurting has got to stop, I agree with Cheryl's post.

ABSOLUTELY agree 100000%. Thank you!
*~Evie~*

Aplejack

Aug 27, 2004, 8:10:23 PM8/27/04
>I'm sorry people afflicted with religion reject logic.
>M.K.

Against my better judgment, I will take a shot...

You say that God is a figment of imagination. Well, I agree, and disagree.
Imagination is the ability to call forth an image. I can call forth an image
of San Francisco. I know it has a wharf, trolly cars, steep hills, a huge
suspension bridge etc. Just because I am not there and I am imagining it, does
not mean that San Francisco is not real. It is quite real, it is just not in
the place where I am at this moment. Unlike San Francisco, God is everywhere.
There is nothing that God is not. In fact, and here's the scary part, God is
each one of us, and each one of us is a part of God, including you, dear Mark,
even if you do not acknowledge that fact.

You seem to be saying that if God existed, He would not allow suffering. Yes,
we suffer in this life, but when we are suffering, God is experiencing it right
along with us. God may not be suffering because God sees the hole picture,
humans see only a minute glimpse of the situation. That is what Faith is all
about. Believing that God sees the whole picture and has more in store for us
than we know gives me strength and comfort.

You might say that I could be believing the greatest lie ever told. Even if
there is no God, my life has been easier because of my belief. But your saying
that there is no God does not make that any more true than my saying that there
is no San Francisco.

It may be more difficult for you to hear God, than for some of us, because we
are practiced at receiving God's messages, but hang in there. Even if you
can't find God, God knows exactly where you are.

AJ

donna

Aug 27, 2004, 10:03:37 PM8/27/04
Wow. That was beautiful. On a day where we think my mother in law has just
suffered another stroke, it brought some peace to my heart. I will update all
of you when we get more info. For those of you that believe, please say a
prayer to your higher power.

Stolynn

Aug 27, 2004, 10:30:43 PM8/27/04
Donna...sending prayers.

<b><font color="#FF0000">Lynn

Courage is fear that has said its prayers. <b><font color="#FF0000">

Aplejack

Aug 27, 2004, 11:03:25 PM8/27/04
{{{Donna and family}}} I am praying for you and yours.
AJ

Susan

Aug 27, 2004, 11:17:41 PM8/27/04
{{{{Donna and family}}}}
Phebes </font> <font color="#0000FF">
If the only tool you have is a hammer,
you tend to see every problem as a nail.
-- A. Maslow

Cherylb382

Aug 27, 2004, 11:20:41 PM8/27/04
>For those of you that believe, please say a
>prayer to your higher power.

I am a believer and proud of it. Of course Donna I will keep your MIL in my
thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.

RMWEEBLE

Aug 27, 2004, 11:22:47 PM8/27/04
{{{Donna & Family}}}
Sending prayers.

~RM~

Many of the things you can count, don't count.
Many of the things you can't count, really count.
~Albert Einstein~

EvieC123

Aug 27, 2004, 11:34:05 PM8/27/04
>Wow. That was beautiful.

I second that. Thank you, AJ. :) :) :)

>On a day where we think my mother in law has just suffered another stroke, it
brought some peace to my heart.

Oh no.......so sorry Donna. I will keep your MIL in my good thoughts and
prayers.
(And IMO, there is another example of God in action, working through AJ to
bring Donna some kind of peace.)
*~Evie~*

PRF102

Aug 27, 2004, 11:46:49 PM8/27/04
>we think my mother in law has just
>suffered another stroke,

{{{{{Donna and Family}}}}}

Prayers continue!

Priscilla
It's nice to be important but
more important to be nice!!

Beth

Aug 27, 2004, 11:49:12 PM8/27/04
>n a day where we think my mother in law has just
>suffered another stroke,

prayers for MIL {{{{{{}}}}}}
Speddie
I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural
stupidity.

markzoom

Aug 28, 2004, 4:50:37 AM8/28/04
evie...@aol.comnojunk (EvieC123) wrote in message news:<20040827180750...@mb-m05.aol.com>...

> >Religious freaks
>
> Wow! First time I've ever been called a religious freak.....and twice! You
> sure don't know me, man.
>
> And I don't have to justify what I believe to you, at any rate. I'm certainly
> not going to debate the subject of God with an avowed athiest such as yourself.

Hehehe, of course not! I'd totally shred your arguments.

> You're entitled to your beliefs, as I am to mine.

You can believe what you like, as long as you don't believe your
religion is superior to, say, a muslim's.

> I will use my FREE WILL to

...and to desperately avoid explaining contradictions of your
religion, like why your all-loving creator created cancer and doesn't
stop suffering.
M.K.

> *~Evie~*

markzoom

Aug 28, 2004, 4:56:35 AM8/28/04
chery...@aol.com (Cherylb382) wrote in message news:<20040827170100...@mb-m07.aol.com>...

> >I'm sure you're even dumb enough to say it when you're slowly dying
> >from some horrible disease.
> >M.K.
>
> Even though I'm not involved in this conversation, this statement has hit my
> heart due to what happened to a family member of mine.

So if god loved them, why didn't he cure them of the disease he
invented???
M.K.

> I feel that if there is
> to be a debate about religion, cancer, illness or anything, it should be done
> in an adult type manner.

OK: If "God" loves all, why did he invent diseases and why doesn't he
cure those suffering ???
M.K.

markzoom

Aug 28, 2004, 6:22:55 AM8/28/04
aple...@aol.comAJ (Aplejack) wrote in message news:<20040827201023...@mb-m25.aol.com>...

> >I'm sorry people afflicted with religion reject logic.
> >M.K.
>
> Against my better judgment, I will take a shot...
>
> You say that God is a figment of imagination. Well, I agree, and disagree.
> Imagination is the ability to call forth an image. I can call forth an image
> of San Francisco. I know it has a wharf, trolly cars, steep hills, a huge
> suspension bridge etc. Just because I am not there and I am imagining it, does
> not mean that San Francisco is not real.

S.F. is real because you can touch it and take photos of it.

> It is quite real, it is just not in
> the place where I am at this moment. Unlike San Francisco, God is everywhere.

One can say that about any figment of imagination, and many people do.
Fact remains there is no scientifically derived proof for omnipotent
entities etc. but you can fly to S.F and come back with parts of it.

> There is nothing that God is not.

You have no evidence to make such an emphatic statement. You can't
extract a piece of god from a rock (or anything else).

> In fact, and here's the scary part, God is
> each one of us, and each one of us is a part of God, including you, dear Mark,
> even if you do not acknowledge that fact.

You have no evidence to claim religious *belief* as "fact", that's why
religions are called "faiths" and "beliefs".

> You seem to be saying that if God existed, He would not allow suffering. Yes,
> we suffer in this life, but when we are suffering, God is experiencing it right
> along with us.

Obviously not enough to come up with an omnipotent solution to stop
it.

> God may not be suffering

Ah.

> because God sees the hole picture,
> humans see only a minute glimpse of the situation.

Ah OK, he sees his whole invention playing itself out. So suffering
and injustices are part of this benevolent entity's gameplan.

> That is what Faith is all
> about. Believing that God sees the whole picture and has more in store for us
> than we know gives me strength and comfort.

That is all jolly nice for you, but doesn't explain the contradiction
of a "benevolent" creator inflicting it in the first place, for one.

> You might say that I could be believing the greatest lie ever told.

Yes. I would say it is one of many big lies told as christianity is
only one of hundreds (thousands?) of religions.

> Even if
> there is no God, my life has been easier because of my belief.

Good for you, religious belief has increased suffering for many others
though.

> But your saying
> that there is no God does not make that any more true than my saying that there
> is no San Francisco.

I can take a return trip to San Francisco and tell you all about it,
you can't do that with "god".

> It may be more difficult for you to hear God, than for some of us, because we
> are practiced at receiving God's messages, but hang in there.

One could make oneself believe one heard all manner of imaginary
things, ardent believers in most religions do it regularly, that
doesn't make the fantasy real though. It just makes it a comforting
fantasy to call up in times of distress.

> Even if you
> can't find God, God knows exactly where you are.
>
> AJ

So do Allah and Budda and Zeus etc, allegedly. You've been missing out
on all the other gods that people have emphatically "heard".

A hypnotist can make you "hear" all manner of things too, you can make
your imagination "hear" things exactly like they can. Just after you
get that cosy warm feeling in your stomach after singsong is a good
time to implant concepts into the subconscious (it is in a "receptive
state").
You can put your subconscious into a receptive state by yourself
(without a hypnotist, priest, orator or advertising guru). Those that
by chance do it to themselves sometimes make themselves into "born
again" christians, for an example.
I suggest you read more about the subconscious mind. It plays a huge
part in decision making (before you actually become consciously aware
of having made some decisions). Intuitive decision making (as opposed
to logical) is letting the subconscious decide, the derived decision
then depends on how the subconscious was programmed to react.
You/one can program your subconscious to invoke the cosy "god"
thoughts after moments of distress for example.

Here's a link to more:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&q=subconscious+mind+brain+decisions

M.K

P.S.: Your subconscious has been programmed with less barriers than
most "believers". You have more of a chance of understanding the
workings of the mind.

markzoom

Aug 28, 2004, 6:24:19 AM8/28/04
aple...@aol.comAJ (Aplejack) wrote in message news:<20040827201023...@mb-m25.aol.com>...
> >I'm sorry people afflicted with religion reject logic.
> >M.K.
>
> Against my better judgment, I will take a shot...
>
> You say that God is a figment of imagination. Well, I agree, and disagree.
> Imagination is the ability to call forth an image. I can call forth an image
> of San Francisco. I know it has a wharf, trolly cars, steep hills, a huge
> suspension bridge etc. Just because I am not there and I am imagining it, does
> not mean that San Francisco is not real.

S.F. is real because you can touch it and take photos of it.

> It is quite real, it is just not in

> the place where I am at this moment. Unlike San Francisco, God is everywhere.

One can say that about any figment of imagination, and many people do.

Fact remains there is no scientifically derived proof for omnipotent
entities etc. but you can fly to S.F and come back with parts of it.

> There is nothing that God is not.

You have no evidence to make such an emphatic statement. You can't

extract a piece of god from a rock (or anything else).

> In fact, and here's the scary part, God is

> each one of us, and each one of us is a part of God, including you, dear Mark,
> even if you do not acknowledge that fact.

You have no evidence to claim religious *belief* as "fact", that's why

religions are called "faiths" and "beliefs".

> You seem to be saying that if God existed, He would not allow suffering. Yes,
> we suffer in this life, but when we are suffering, God is experiencing it right
> along with us.

Obviously not enough to come up with an omnipotent solution to stop
it.

> God may not be suffering

Ah.

> because God sees the hole picture,
> humans see only a minute glimpse of the situation.

Ah OK, he sees his whole invention playing itself out. So suffering

and injustices are part of this benevolent entity's gameplan.

> That is what Faith is all

> about. Believing that God sees the whole picture and has more in store for us
> than we know gives me strength and comfort.

That is all jolly nice for you, but doesn't explain the contradiction

of a "benevolent" creator inflicting it in the first place, for one.

> You might say that I could be believing the greatest lie ever told.

Yes. I would say it is one of many big lies told as christianity is

only one of hundreds (thousands?) of religions.

> Even if

> there is no God, my life has been easier because of my belief.

Good for you, religious belief has increased suffering for many others
though.

> But your saying

> that there is no God does not make that any more true than my saying that there
> is no San Francisco.

I can take a return trip to San Francisco and tell you all about it,

you can't do that with "god".

> It may be more difficult for you to hear God, than for some of us, because we
> are practiced at receiving God's messages, but hang in there.

One could make oneself believe one heard all manner of imaginary

things, ardent believers in most religions do it regularly, that
doesn't make the fantasy real though. It just makes it a comforting
fantasy to call up in times of distress.

> Even if you

> can't find God, God knows exactly where you are.
>
> AJ

So do Allah and Budda and Zeus etc, allegedly. You've been missing out

markzoom

Aug 28, 2004, 6:36:12 AM8/28/04
mdist...@aol.com (JOJO) wrote in message news:<20040827083610...@mb-m04.aol.com>...
> Obviously not enough to use it's alleged >omnipotency to prevent
> disease, strife and injustice. Logic says that it's the thing throwing
> the tomatoes it invented at you.>
>
> it is said that after the flood God said he would not do it again and gave Man
> FREE WILL with all the consequnces that goes with it. all the carnage is
> created by man not God.

Vatious contradictions there:
You are saying that man created all diseases.
If free will creates suffering, a benevolent entity wouldn't grant it.
An all-knowing benevolent entity would over-rule free human decisions
that cause suffering on innocents.

> Some say they do it in the name of God, but God isnt
> the one requesting that Man destroy itself , we choose to do so.

Nope, in maritime law a captain must assist another ship in distress
instead of letting them drown. Ethically, your god is a criminal by
refusing to help innocents.
The "free will" part of religious doctrine was shakily erected to stop
you blaming your omnipotent god for the suffering of innocents.

markzoom

Aug 28, 2004, 6:39:33 AM8/28/04
"joseph irvin" <j.m....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<5EMXc.523331$Gx4.3...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...

Hehehe, even your lowlife administration is now changing it's stance
on the effects of CO2 on world climate. Keep up.
M.K.

markzoom

Aug 28, 2004, 6:42:29 AM8/28/04
hello <ju...@home.com> wrote in message news:<9c6vi0dl5pq09nch8...@4ax.com>...

Your previous post looks fine (in content too) on google. Could be
your news server that has a bug.
M.K.

Judy

Aug 28, 2004, 8:36:09 AM8/28/04
>please say a
>prayer to your higher power.

Prayers continuing for your Mother in law.
Judy.....

Worry is like a rocking chair. It will give you
something to do, but it won't get you anywhere.

Maria T3

Pudgey3

Aug 28, 2004, 8:42:42 AM8/28/04
> Even if you
>can't find God, God knows exactly where you are.

Very well put, AJ!

Pudge
Live simply---simply live.

.

Pudgey3

Aug 28, 2004, 8:43:47 AM8/28/04
{{{{{Donna and family}}}}} In my prayers.

Aplejack

Aug 28, 2004, 8:55:50 AM8/28/04
>You can believe what you like, as long as you don't believe your
>religion is superior to, say, a muslim's.

"Ours is another way, not a better way." I have been holding this truth and it
has freed me to see equals throughout the entire world.

>...and to desperately avoid explaining contradictions of your
>religion, like why your all-loving creator created cancer and doesn't
>stop suffering.
>M.K.

Mark, it sounds to me like you have lost someone special to cancer. I have
too. With cancer being so wide spread in so many forms, most of us have
probably lost loved ones to the diseases. How we respond to the loss is our
choice. From the point of view of my mortal life, I would much rather have my
son here with me in his physical form, but I know that in the eternal oneness,
he has merely moved on to the next step of his being. That is not to say that
the days since his passing have been easy. I still have not cleaned out his
room and distributed his belongings. But I am making progress and healing. I
see that in the little things. For example, the other day, I referred to Foote
as "my cat" instead of calling her "Jonathan's cat".
AJ

Aplejack

Aug 28, 2004, 8:58:55 AM8/28/04
>And IMO, there is another example of God in action, working through AJ to
>bring Donna some kind of peace.)
>*~Evie~*

Thank you Evie. Equally true is the fact that God is working through Mark to
cause us to examine our own beliefs and to share them with others. Faith is
like a muscle, it must be exercised in order to be strengthened.
AJ

Linda

Aug 28, 2004, 9:04:47 AM8/28/04
Prayers being sent for your MIL, Donna.

Linda

Mary

Aug 28, 2004, 9:21:41 AM8/28/04
Prayers going out for your MIL Donna!

Mary

EvieC123

Aug 28, 2004, 10:48:15 AM8/28/04
>Faith is like a muscle, it must be exercised in order to be strengthened.

With all due respect, I don't believe I agree with this. Faith does not have
to be intellectualized, defended, questioned in order to be strengthened,
although I appreciate that this works for you.

*~Evie~*

Imndano

Aug 28, 2004, 10:51:34 AM8/28/04
>You can believe what you like, as long as you don't believe your
>religion is superior to, say, a muslim's.

Ok putting in my 2 cents, nobody here has ever said their religion or beliefs
was superior to anyone elses. Contrary to what you think we are not the bigoted
ones, you seem to have a corner on that market here in this newsgroup.

<B><Font Color="#FF0000"> Patti
</Font Color> <Font Color="#000080"> If you can't say something nice about a
person....you've come to the right place.

THLCCL1

Aug 28, 2004, 10:58:14 AM8/28/04

>Against my better judgment, I will take a shot...

AJ,
Your statement was right on and perfect.
:)
**Kate**

THLCCL1

Aug 28, 2004, 10:58:48 AM8/28/04
Good thoughts and prayer for your MIL Donna.
*Kate*

THLCCL1

Aug 28, 2004, 11:01:00 AM8/28/04
>Equally true is the fact that God is working through Mark to
>cause us to examine our own beliefs and to share them with others.

I beleive that, but I also believe that Satan has entered Mark's little
existence and has won him over. We all have a choice, God or Satan. God gives
us free will to make that decision. Unfortantely, Mark made the wrong
decision. Pity for him.

**Kate**

joseph irvin

Aug 28, 2004, 11:59:16 AM8/28/04

> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:16:01 GMT, "joseph irvin"
> <j.m....@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>

> >And hurricanes have been hitting Florida since Floridians have owned SUV,
or
> >since the US has industrialized....no hurricanes before that when the US
was
> >nice and pure?????
>
> Hurricanes and other disasters (natural and otherwise) would seem to
> appear with more historical frequency (even worldwide) whenever
> Republicans are in office, I'm beginning to notice. This would tell me
> that elephants are indeed not "The Chosen Ones".

On the contrary...hurricanes are good for rich businessmen. You've read
about the price gouging during the last hurricane (Charlie) in Florida.
What's a poor person to do....sigh.

> Stealing a crown and wearing it does not necessarily entitle one to
> the claim of being a king. That needs to be earned... ...with trust
> and with good, kingly deeds.

Does complimenting JF Kerry on his distinguished service in Vietnam count as
a 'kingly deed'?

> Go Kerry!! <g>

On to Hollywood. <g>

Marla

Aug 28, 2004, 12:12:59 PM8/28/04
Good thoughts for you MIL, Donna**

~*~*Thomas Dewar

joseph irvin

Aug 28, 2004, 12:17:00 PM8/28/04

You ignored the question...I mentioned nothing about CO2...who's not keeping
up?...the weight of all those SUV's in Florida may cause the Florida
peninsula to snap off the USA an float away...maybe a regulation on the
number of SUV's allowed in Florida at one time??
Living a dream in the green house gaseous US. Life is getting better all
the time. <grin>

Imndano

Aug 28, 2004, 12:26:48 PM8/28/04
Good thoughts going out for her Donna

Cherylb382

Aug 28, 2004, 12:40:34 PM8/28/04
>So if god loved them, why didn't he cure them of the disease he
>invented???

First of all, God DID love him, not if, DID.

>OK: If "God" loves all, why did he invent diseases and why doesn't he
>cure those suffering ???
>M.K.

Why do you assume God invented these diseases?? I feel Satan has a big part of
these diseases. Thankfully, God didn't let my sweet, beautiful dad suffered.
He died 6 days after diagnosis. My mom loves the Misfits. She was amazed by
all the love, kindness, thoughts and prayers that our family received while my
dad was so ill, and after he passed. People we never met who were there for
us. God works in mysterious ways, and touches our lives all so differently.
For those who believe, it gives us peace and comfort. For those that don't
believe, is their choice and who am I to judge. I don't, everyone has their
reasons and I respect that.

Imndano

Aug 28, 2004, 12:43:29 PM8/28/04
>For those who believe, it gives us peace and comfort. For those that don't
>believe, is their choice and who am I to judge. I don't, everyone has their
>reasons and I respect that.

Amen Sistah***** and a {{{{{{ }}}}}}} just cause*****

Pudgey3

Aug 28, 2004, 12:44:20 PM8/28/04
>For those who believe, it gives us peace and comfort. For those that don't
>believe, is their choice and who am I to judge. I don't, everyone has their
>reasons and I respect that.

Well said, Cher.

Bbuttons1

Aug 28, 2004, 1:27:35 PM8/28/04
Good thoughts going out for your MIL, Donna.

Barbara
...I've seen a look in dog's eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
and I am convinced that dogs think humans are nuts. ~ John Steinbeck

WaunaMove

Aug 28, 2004, 2:13:20 PM8/28/04
>For example, the other day, I referred to Foote as "my cat" instead of calling
her "Jonathan's cat".
>AJ
Been there. {{{{AJ}}}}

Suz
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get
used to the idea - Robert A. Heinlein

Aplejack

Aug 28, 2004, 2:39:53 PM8/28/04

I probably could have worded that better. I do agree with what you said, Evie.
I was thinking of something else that I read when I wrote that line. I was
trying to say that people grow in Faith.
AJ

JOJO

Aug 28, 2004, 2:46:19 PM8/28/04
I was
trying to say that people grow in Faith.

so true, I know that if I didnt have my faith I prolly wouldn't be here today..
Mdi
" Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming
gardeners who make our souls blossom."
Marcel Proust

.

Susan

Aug 28, 2004, 2:59:01 PM8/28/04
>We all have a choice, God or Satan.

Personally, I believe in a Higher Power, but I don't believe in Satan, so I
guess there are all kinds of variations along the way, whether we believe or
not.
Phebes </font> <font color="#0000FF">
If the only tool you have is a hammer,
you tend to see every problem as a nail.
-- A. Maslow

markzoom

Aug 28, 2004, 3:35:45 PM8/28/04
thl...@aol.comfrypan (THLCCL1) wrote in message news:<20040828110100...@mb-m06.aol.com>...

???
Now that's the classic crap a loon would spout.
What is your religion again???
M.K.

markzoom

Aug 28, 2004, 3:43:11 PM8/28/04
aple...@aol.comAJ (Aplejack) wrote in message news:<20040828085550...@mb-m11.aol.com>...

> >You can believe what you like, as long as you don't believe your
> >religion is superior to, say, a muslim's.
> >

> "Ours is another way, not a better way." I have been holding this truth and it
> has freed me to see equals throughout the entire world.

Nice to hear that you believe yours is not the "only way".

> >...and to desperately avoid explaining contradictions of your
> >religion, like why your all-loving creator created cancer and doesn't
> >stop suffering.
> >M.K.
>
> Mark, it sounds to me like you have lost someone special to cancer. I have
> too.

Most have, no thanks to omnipotent entities.

> With cancer being so wide spread in so many forms, most of us have
> probably lost loved ones to the diseases. How we respond to the loss is our
> choice. From the point of view of my mortal life, I would much rather have my
> son here with me in his physical form, but I know that in the eternal oneness,
> he has merely moved on to the next step of his being.

How many steps do you think there are, and what do you think happens
at the last? What about previous steps? How many of them do you think
there are?
What about animals?

> That is not to say that
> the days since his passing have been easy. I still have not cleaned out his
> room and distributed his belongings. But I am making progress and healing. I
> see that in the little things. For example, the other day, I referred to Foote
> as "my cat" instead of calling her "Jonathan's cat".
> AJ

Time's a great healer.
M.K.

markzoom

Aug 28, 2004, 3:46:15 PM8/28/04
evie...@aol.comnojunk (EvieC123) wrote in message news:<20040828104815...@mb-m20.aol.com>...

> >Faith is like a muscle, it must be exercised in order to be strengthened.
>
> With all due respect, I don't believe I agree with this. Faith does not have
> to be intellectualized,

It sure helps not to question doctrine or to have to defend faith with logic.
Blind belief is the domain of fanatics.
M.K.

markzoom

Aug 28, 2004, 3:48:12 PM8/28/04
imn...@aol.com (Imndano) wrote in message news:<20040828105134...@mb-m02.aol.com>...

> >You can believe what you like, as long as you don't believe your
> >religion is superior to, say, a muslim's.
>
> Ok putting in my 2 cents, nobody here has ever said their religion or beliefs
> was superior to anyone elses. Contrary to what you think we are not the bigoted
> ones, you seem to have a corner on that market here in this newsgroup.

Kind of contradictory to most religions, thinking that other religions may be right.
M.K.

Cherylb382

Aug 28, 2004, 4:24:39 PM8/28/04
>You can believe what you like, as long as you don't believe your
>> >religion is superior to, say, a muslim's.

I have never felt that my religion is superior to another. Everyone has the
right to believe in what they want. No one has the right to force their
religion or thoughts on another.

Imndano

Aug 28, 2004, 4:28:50 PM8/28/04
>Kind of contradictory to most religions, thinking that other religions may be
>right.
>M.K.

Maybe in your "church/faith" not in any of the various religions I've
encountered.

THLCCL1

Aug 28, 2004, 4:39:27 PM8/28/04
>???
>Now that's the classic crap a loon would spout.
>What is your religion again???
>M.K.

Mark, the only "loon" around here is you.
Face it man, you're a bitter, lost soul.
I'm done. Back to filtering for you.
**Kate*

hello

Aug 28, 2004, 4:40:35 PM8/28/04

Unless that someone is Mimi Rodgers. She can force herself and
Scientology on me anytime that she wants to.

hello

Aug 28, 2004, 4:42:10 PM8/28/04
On 28 Aug 2004 20:28:50 GMT, imn...@aol.com (Imndano) wrote:

>>Kind of contradictory to most religions, thinking that other religions may be
>>right.
>>M.K.
>>

>Maybe in your "church/faith" not in any of the various religions I've
>encountered.

I've found many of the larger organized faiths to be very intolerant
to other religions actually. Catholicism and Islam come quickly to
mind.

hello

Aug 28, 2004, 4:46:19 PM8/28/04

That belief is too fundie and judgemental for me, Kate. I'm sorry.

Aplejack

Aug 28, 2004, 5:13:09 PM8/28/04
>How many steps do you think there are, and what do you think happens
>at the last? What about previous steps? How many of them do you think
>there are?
>What about animals?

Those questions are based on a linear concept of time. If you believe, as I
do, that time is a human concept, then it is easier to accept that there is no
beginning and no end. There area as many steps as we need there to be. And
yes, animals are definitely a part of it all.
AJ

Aplejack

Aug 28, 2004, 5:17:02 PM8/28/04

>Kind of contradictory to most religions, thinking that other religions may be
>right.
>M.K.

This was absolutely true in the past, but things are changing. In some
churches, they change more slowly than others. But we are all moving toward a
more universal concept of God.
AJ

hello

Aug 28, 2004, 5:30:22 PM8/28/04

>What about animals?

If I can't be with my furbabies in Heaven and everyone I love after I
die, then I don't wanna go. I very seldom even leave the house, so I'm
always very careful about making these kinds of choices of destiny and
destination beforehand.

I personally believe in The Great Reward. It just feels like something
even *tangible* enough for any decent person to at least aspire for,
doesn't it...?

Unlike the Olympics...I also believe that there is probably enough
'gold' in Heaven awaiting on every single one of us who can
successfully compete in this game of life. Winning and losing on this
plane shouldn't be the most important thing to us lowly humans and
anmals, that's a given. When we all play fairly...we all win.

God will ultimately decide who should receive the biggest medals and
accolades when all is said and done, in any case.

hello

Aug 28, 2004, 5:46:00 PM8/28/04

>Living a dream in the green house gaseous US. Life is getting better all
>the time. <grin>

No, it's not... :****(

markzoom

Aug 28, 2004, 7:15:27 PM8/28/04
"joseph irvin" <j.m....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<0e2Yc.526520$Gx4....@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...

I did before, dipstick. You tried to make the argument that co2 has
nothing to do with global warming before and lost. Even your own
administration is beginning to admit it now.

> ...who's not keeping
> up?

You, dinosaur.

> ...the weight of all those SUV's in Florida may cause the Florida
> peninsula to snap off the USA an float away...maybe a regulation on the
> number of SUV's allowed in Florida at one time??

Funny thing is that gas prices are rising already, even faster with
morons wasting a finite resource on pathetic fuel guzzlers.

> Living a dream in the green house gaseous US. Life is getting better all
> the time. <grin>

You obviously are in a dream. Next you'll claim that there's no such
thing as a ZioCon.
M.K.

It is loading more messages.