using winsock over an adhoc wireless connection

MrGarbage

Jun 13, 2009, 2:04:56 PM6/13/09
I have 2 simple Windows C++ client and server applications that
communicate with
each other using sockets. The current implementation is wired ethernet
and a crossover cable (2 seperate PCs).

I need to migrate this to a Wireless Ad-hoc network connection.
I have successfully established an ad-hoc wireless connection.

I'm a little unclear as to how to progress...

In the wired implementaion I simply used a static IP address for
each of the two computers and I'm able to connect using those.

In this implementation I cannot be certain that a static IP is unique
to my
two machines.

How can I establish a socket connection to my other PC without knowing
it's
IP address?

I guess I could use static IPs and build in the security into the Ad-
Hoc connection itself
so that only my two machines can be members...
Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

Mark