How can I completely remove faulty mouse drivers?

676 vues

Kenn Caesius

non lue,
27 avr. 2009, 14:41:2727/04/2009
Can someone suggest applications or procedures to remove remnants of
hardware drivers?

Recently I had a heck of a time getting my MS wheel mouse optical after
supposedly uninstalling Cirque Easycat touchpad drivers. I was able to
correct the problem by deselecting "glide32w.exe" from the startup
options in MSCONFIG but I would like to totally remove any vestige of
the driver.

---End of message---

Russg

non lue,
27 avr. 2009, 17:00:4527/04/2009

"Kenn Caesius" <> wrote in message news:
Go into device manager, (control panel, system)
and delete the touchpad as an input device..

Kenn Caesius

non lue,
30 avr. 2009, 17:26:1330/04/2009
Trying to "remove" the drivers from the device managers was the first
thing I did but it never worked like it was supposed to; It was actually
part of the problem that I detailed in an earlier post "Mouse Property
problems" which was posted about March 25th.

Since I had to use the MSCONFIG into order to stop the glide32w.exe from
cleaner. Can someone recommend any registry software?

---End of message---

Russg

non lue,
30 avr. 2009, 22:12:1830/04/2009

"Kenn Caesius" <> wrote in message news:
You seem to be trying to remove 'drivers' from your
computer. Ordinarily, one doesn't remove drivers,
you remove the device from the device manager
in the control panel. If you successfully remove the
device, you've removed the drivers.
It seems you removed something related to a touchpad, which seems to have
removed drivers for your mouse.
If you had software for the touchpad, it should have
had an uninstall, but many softwares don't. If the touchpad
is still in the device list for the device manager, you need
to remove it. On the other hand, if your MS scroll mouse
isn't working properly, you might re-install the drivers
for it in the device manager, using the CD that came
with the mouse. Right click on the device to see
your options, remove, update drivers.

As for a registry cleaner, a safe one I use is 'CCleaner'.
There's a registry cleaner in it that will remove bad
entries. It is free and also has a 'Crap' cleaner for
junk on your hard drive.

You shouldn't have to be managing your startup with
msconfig. It may be the only way you can get what
you're trying, but there should be a better way.

You may not like what I'm saying, and wish for someone
more knowlegable, but, Kenn, I respond, am all you
have for this thread in this forum.

I wish you luck.

Russg

non lue,
30 avr. 2009, 22:25:2630/04/2009
Also, I recommend Codestuff Starter to manage your
startups. I don't know if it is still available, but it
is/was free and allows you to temporarily disable
items in startup, or, you can delete items from
your startup. It does a good job, so I suspect
it removes items from your registry if you delete.

Kenn Caesius

non lue,
2 mai 2009, 15:49:5702/05/2009
Thank you RussG for the information. I have yet to implement the
registry cleaner but I have no doubt that I am that much closer to fine
tuning my installation of Windows 98.

Let there be no mistake about what elapsed. I consider myself a fairly
advanced user and one would think that by uninstalling [touchpad]
software and drivers that would be enough to install new hardware. So
imagine my surprise when my new hardware was being misidentified as the
one I just uninstalled.

In a larger sense, working with the HP Pavilion 3100 computer has always
presented unique problems: I have had to remove internal USB and modem
cards because of similar conflicts and erratic operation.

---End of message---

Space Cowboy

non lue,
8 mai 2009, 23:45:0408/05/2009
"Kenn Caesius" <xilotea...@yahoo.com> wrote in

I recommend "EasyCleaner 2.0" from Toni Arts
Utilities may be found at
www.majorgeeks.com

--
Origin: "Battle Beyond The Stars"[1980,George Peppard,actor.Roger
Corman,producer,low budget but fun to watch]

0 nouveau message