W2K Shutting Down

1 view

Fred Atkinson

Mar 20, 2010, 11:03:30 AM3/20/10
Folks,

I have W2K on my PC. Until a few days ago, it was working
fine.

Now I will be working on it and for no apparent reason it just
shuts the PC down. The power light stays on but the fan and all of
the other electronics goes dark or silent.

I have to use the power switch. First I hold it until the
power goes off. Then I power it back on. It starts the boot and then
before it really gets under way on the boot, it shuts down again.

As I have drive caddies, I tried removing the drive caddy,
letting it boot, and then shutting it down, replacing the drive caddy,
and booting again. Then it comes back up.

I tried using another drive caddy that had my last load of W2K
on it. As far as I can tell, it works.

Any suggestions?

Fred