Cannot Upgrade to IE/OE 6

BillW50

Feb 24, 2012, 5:24:16 PM2/24/12
Has anybody installed Windows 2000 fresh lately? I had Windows 2000
installed on this netbook (I have lots of them) back in 2009, I think it
was. And I did it just to see how well Windows 2000 would run and I seem
to remember everything was pretty good, except some applications needed
XP SP2 or better. So I used it for a week or two and switched back to XP
SP2. I thought I made a backup of it, but I can't find it.

So here I am again and I previously made a slipstream CD up to SP4 from
an original Windows 2000 disc. This disc is what I had used last time.
Although I didn't remember that it installs IE5.0 and OE5.5. Okay fine,
just upgrade them.

Every time I try, Explorer's (file manager) left pane is blank and
Add/Remove won't launch. There are other things wrong, but I don't
remember. I've tried the Microsoft IE6-SP1 install from their website
and that unofficial Windows 2000 SP5. The same thing happens. So I am
stuck at IE5 and OE5.5 so far. Any ideas?

--
Bill
Asus EeePC 701 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC

BillW50

Mar 25, 2012, 1:30:11 PM3/25/12
In news:ji92o3$1eh$1...@dont-email.me,
BillW50 typed:
The fix was installing DirectX9.0c. Originally Windows 2000 came with
DirectX7 I believe.

--
Bill
Asus EeePC 701 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC
Windows 2000 SP5 - OE6 - OE-QuoteFix v1.19.2