1 view

Eric Hartup

Aug 17, 2009, 7:37:38 AM8/17/09
Is it possible to install Office home and Student 2007 on to an old working
computer that runs on Windows ME.
It has no connection to the internet as it is currently being used by a very
elderly gentleman (80+) who only copies recipes for his wife!
For some unknown reason Word has disappeared from the screen!
Many thanks in anticipation.

Phred

Aug 17, 2009, 10:10:36 AM8/17/09
In article <gibim.353347$jW1.2...@newsfe22.ams2>, "Eric Hartup" <eha...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>Is it possible to install Office home and Student 2007 on to an old working
>computer that runs on Windows ME.

I'll bet my brass razoo to a bent dime that the sysreqs for Office
2007 specify Win XP or higher -- but I would also be interested to
know if it actually will run on ME!

Then again, if the old PC is anything like my old Win ME PC, with a
bare 128MB of memory, even if it works I doubt that it would *run*
(slowly crawl more likely ;-).

>It has no connection to the internet as it is currently being used by a very
>elderly gentleman (80+) who only copies recipes for his wife!
>For some unknown reason Word has disappeared from the screen!
>Many thanks in anticipation.

Cheers, Phred.

--
ppnerk...@THISyahoo.com.INVALID

Eric Hartup

Aug 17, 2009, 1:35:27 PM8/17/09
Many thanks Phred. I will keep you informed.
Eric H