Bootup problem

don

Jan 17, 2001, 2:21:59 AM1/17/01
Does anyone has bootup problem with WINME? About once a week, when I bootup
the computer to WINME, I've got a blue screen with message like this:
Error: OE:016F:Bff7B018. So I re-boot and it goes into safe mode. I re-boot
again and it runs scandisk automatically. Then WINME boots up normally. Is
there a fix to this?

TonV

Jan 17, 2001, 6:09:08 AM1/17/01
Check your bios settings
1. Memory settings CAS latency (use 3)
2. If you have a HPT bios and UDMA drives be sure set BIOS the of harddrives
to None.
3. Turn of UDMA-controller if you don't have UDMA-drives.
4. Switch off in the Bios the memory hole 15-16M.
5. If you don't have ISA-cards switch off all ISA-stuff in the BIOS (delayed
transactions)
6. IDE HDD block mode, should be enabled for modern HD
7. Force update ESCD to reset the extended system configuraration data.

Grtz TonV

"don" <don...@home.com> wrote in message