How do I upgrade VGA to SVGA ..?

Mr...@givin.back.com

Jan 26, 2008, 12:20:11 PM1/26/08
Hello,

I am restoring a PC for a friend. It is an older 350 mhz pentium II.
I blew away the old Win98 and reinstalled it (Win98). The problem
I now have is that it comes up VGA mode. How do I get it to come
up SVGA ?

It has an ATI graphics card. Do I need some drivers ? Where would
I find them ? I am guessing they should be on the Win98 Install CD.
If so, how do I extract them ?

It's been years since I've messed with this type stuff. Help!

advTHANKSance

= Paul =

Jan 28, 2008, 11:17:08 AM1/28/08
You must discover what card is installed for the graphics(will have a nice
yellow mark in Device manager) and then you will probably find a driver for
it at www.driverguide,com To refresh your memory re installing go to
www.windowsreinstall.com (interesting site for many reasons)

<Mr...@givin.back.com> wrote in message

Jan 28, 2008, 11:20:03 AM1/28/08
PS They WONT be on the 98 CD but as well as driverguide.com they will might
still be on ATI website

paulj...@earthlink.net

Jan 29, 2008, 1:32:52 PM1/29/08
Thanks. I did find a driver pack on the ATI site. The problem there as that
the kit was 3.5 meg size. I had planned to xfer it to the other PC on a floppy.
Had to put it on CD instead. Wish it had been a rewriteable CD ...

= Paul =