Former MSNBC Host: Network Forced Me To Cover Trump Despite Me Not Wanting To

Ubiquitous

Jan 23, 2024, 8:09:29 AMJan 23
Former MSNBC host Tiffany Cross said in an interview this week that she was
forced to constantly cover former President Donald Trump at the network
despite her lack of desire to do so.

Cross, who had her show “The Cross Connection” axed by the network in late
2022, said in a podcast that she wanted to produce content that appealed to
what she claims is a wide range of people.

“I want you all to know, every single week from the start of my show to the
very last show I did, it was a battle,” Cross said. “It was a battle to cover
things that I wanted to talk about. The network’s philosophy was Trump,
Trump, Trump. They wanted me to be part of the echo chamber.”

“I wanted to cover things like inhumane treatment in prisons, that’s
something that disproportionately impacts my community. Mental health among
black men, the erasure of Afro-Latinos in the Latino community, land battles
of the indigenous, Native Americans trying to get their family artifacts back
from museums right here in America. Black farmers, reaching Latino voters,
things like that,” she continued. “When I would fight these battles, I know
ya’ll know exactly what I mean, I was spoken to in the most condescending
ways. I mean, anything from being told the definition of news. … I would have
somebody sit across from me and explain to me how news works. I had my
intelligence questioned.”

She said that the network wanted her to keep bringing the same people on her
show to talk about Trump and that the constant criticism she received from
the network was “debilitating at times.”

She suggested that “white conservatives” played a role in her getting fired
on the leftist network and said that the way she was fired “suggest[ed] to
other people in the industry that this person is so unhireable that we could
not trust her with a live mic.”

“The network began attacking me,” Cross said. “They planted hit pieces in the
press. The president of the network began a bizarre, unhinged tour where she
was on damage control, I don’t know what she was trying to do.”

--
Let's go Brandon!

BTR1701

Jan 23, 2024, 1:58:51 PMJan 23
In article <uoodq7$19jc0$2...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> Former MSNBC host Tiffany Cross said in an interview this week that she was
> forced to constantly cover former President Donald Trump at the network
> despite her lack of desire to do so.

You mean your boss told you to your job and you're stamping your foot
and bitching about it like a typical millennial because it hurt your
feelz?

> Cross, who had her show THE CROSS CONNECTION axed by the network in late
> 2022, said in a podcast that she wanted to produce content that appealed to
> what she claims is a wide range of people.

> "I wanted to cover things like inhumane treatment in prisons, that’s
> something that disproportionately impacts my community. Mental health among
> black men, the erasure of Afro-Latinos in the Latino community, land battles
> of the indigenous, Native Americans trying to get their family artifacts back
> from museums right here in America. Black farmers, reaching Latino voters,
> things like that," she said.

So basically, the show would have been about race, race, race, some more
race, and for dessert, a soupcon of race.

Sounds riveting.

> "When I would fight these battles, I know ya'll know exactly what I mean,
> I was spoken to in the most condescending ways. I mean, anything from
> being told the definition of news... I would have somebody sit across
> from me and explain to me how news works. I had my intelligence questioned."

Sounds like your intelligence needed to be questioned, sweetheart.

> She suggested that "white conservatives" played a role in her getting fired
> on the leftist network

LOL! That's almost as good as Chesa Boudin, the communist ex-D.A. of San
Francisco, claiming that his recall was due to "MAGA extremists". Yeah,
Chesa, San Francisco, much like MSNBC, is such a hotbed of right-wing
politics.

Ubiquitous

Jan 23, 2024, 3:00:54 PMJan 23
atr...@mac.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>> "I wanted to cover things like inhumane treatment in prisons, that’s
>> something that disproportionately impacts my community. Mental health
>> among black men, the erasure of Afro-Latinos in the Latino community,
>> land battles of the indigenous, Native Americans trying to get their
>> family artifacts back from museums right here in America. Black farmers,
>> reaching Latino voters, things like that," she said.
>
>So basically, the show would have been about race, race, race, some more
>race, and for dessert, a soupcon of race.
>
>Sounds riveting.

Not to mention, redundant.

>> She suggested that "white conservatives" played a role in her getting fired
>> on the leftist network
>
>LOL! That's almost as good as Chesa Boudin, the communist ex-D.A. of San
>Francisco, claiming that his recall was due to "MAGA extremists". Yeah,
>Chesa, San Francisco, much like MSNBC, is such a hotbed of right-wing
>politics.

This a MAGA country, BITCH!