"Bridgerton" Actress Claims Netflix Did Not Offer Support After She Had "Two Psychotic Breaks" During Filming

Ubiquitous

Nov 3, 2023, 7:57:08 AM11/3/23
“Bridgerton” actress Ruby Barker is blaming Netflix and the Shondaland
production company for failing to follow up after two “psychotic breaks” she
said happened while filming the popular historical drama.

“Not a single person from Netflix, not a single person from Shondaland, since
I have had two psychotic breaks from that show, have even contacted me or
even emailed me to ask me if I’m okay or if I would benefit from any sort of
aftercare or support. Nobody,” the 26-year-old British star said during an
interview on Oxford University’s LOAF Podcast.

Barker portrayed Marina on “Bridgerton,” a Featherington cousin who gets
pregnant and becomes a social outcast. The actress said her character’s
unhappy situation negatively affected her mental health.

“During filming, I was deteriorating,” she said during the podcast interview.
“It was a really tormenting place for me to be because my character was very
alienated, very ostracized, on her own under these horrible circumstances.”

She continued, “When I went into hospital a week after shooting ‘Bridgerton’
Season 1, it was really covered up and kept on the down-low because the show
was going to be coming out. … In the run-up to the show coming out, I was
just coming out from hospital, my Instagram following was going up, I had all
these engagements to do.”

“My life was changing drastically overnight and yet there was still no
support and there still hasn’t been any support all that time. So I was
trying really, really hard to act like it was ok and that I could work and
that it wasn’t a problem,” Barker said.

The actress had previously mentioned having a difficult time while filming
the series, though, at the time, she had a favorable view of Netflix and
Shondaland founder Shonda Rhimes.

“I just want to be honest with everybody, I have been struggling,” she said
in a May 2022 Instagram video. “So, I’m in the hospital at the minute, I’m
gonna get discharged soon and hopefully get to continue with my life and I’m
gonna take a little bit of a break from myself.”

Barker described herself as “just rage-filled, frustrated, angry, you know,
all this intergeneration trauma bundled up inside me, and I was carrying the
weight of the world on my back.”

At the time, she specifically thanked Netflix, Rhimes, and Shondaland “for
saving me … and giving me an opportunity.”

--
Let's go Brandon!

BTR1701

Nov 3, 2023, 5:34:55 PM11/3/23
In article <ui2n6i$2p2eh$2...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> BRIDGERTON actress Ruby Barker is blaming Netflix and the Shondaland
> production company for failing to follow up after two "psychotic breaks" she
> said happened while filming the popular historical drama.
>
> "Not a single person from Netflix, not a single person from Shondaland, since
> I have had two psychotic breaks from that show, have even contacted me or
> even emailed me to ask me if I'm okay or if I would benefit from any sort of
> aftercare or support. Nobody," the 26-year-old British star said during an
> interview on Oxford University's LOAF Podcast.
>
> Barker portrayed Marina on BRIDGERTON, a Featherington cousin who gets
> pregnant and becomes a social outcast. The actress said her character's
> unhappy situation negatively affected her mental health.

If you can't play a character who has problems without developing
problems yourself, perhaps acting isn't the job for you.

> "During filming, I was deteriorating," she said during the podcast interview.
> "It was a really tormenting place for me to be because my character was very
> alienated, very ostracized, on her own under these horrible circumstances."

Oh, dear god. Hayden Christianson's character had one arm and both legs
amputated and fell into a lava river before becoming Darth Vader, for
god's sake. You don't see him moping around and whining about it.

> She continued, "When I went into hospital a week after shooting BRIDGERTON’
> Season 1, it was really covered up and kept on the down-low because the show
> was going to be coming out. In the run-up to the show coming out, I was
> just coming out from hospital, my Instagram following was going up, I had all
> these engagements to do."

> "My life was changing drastically overnight and yet there was still no
> support and there still hasn't been any support all that time. So I was
> trying really, really hard to act like it was ok and that I could work and
> that it wasn't a problem," Barker said.

Sounds like a millennial who (typically) believes the world revolves
around her and is pissed that she was treated like a grown adult and
expected to deal with her own problems.

> "I just want to be honest with everybody, I have been struggling," she said
> in a May 2022 Instagram video. "So, I'm in the hospital at the minute, I'm
> gonna get discharged soon and hopefully get to continue with my life and I'm
> gonna take a little bit of a break from myself."
>
> Barker described herself as "just rage-filled, frustrated, angry, you know,
> all this intergeneration trauma bundled up inside me, and I was carrying the
> weight of the world on my back."

"Intergeneration trauma"? WTF? Just get over yourself, sweetheart, and
do your job.

trotsky

Nov 4, 2023, 11:58:19 AM11/4/23
On 11/3/23 4:37 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <ui2n6i$2p2eh$2...@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> BRIDGERTON actress Ruby Barker is blaming Netflix and the Shondaland
>> production company for failing to follow up after two "psychotic breaks" she
>> said happened while filming the popular historical drama.
>>
>> "Not a single person from Netflix, not a single person from Shondaland, since
>> I have had two psychotic breaks from that show, have even contacted me or
>> even emailed me to ask me if I'm okay or if I would benefit from any sort of
>> aftercare or support. Nobody," the 26-year-old British star said during an
>> interview on Oxford University's LOAF Podcast.
>>
>> Barker portrayed Marina on BRIDGERTON, a Featherington cousin who gets
>> pregnant and becomes a social outcast. The actress said her character's
>> unhappy situation negatively affected her mental health.
>
> If you can't play a character who has problems without developing
> problems yourself, perhaps acting isn't the job for you.

LOL. Are you talking about Ruby Barker or Gina Carano?

>> "During filming, I was deteriorating," she said during the podcast interview.
>> "It was a really tormenting place for me to be because my character was very
>> alienated, very ostracized, on her own under these horrible circumstances."
>
> Oh, dear god. Hayden Christianson's character had one arm and both legs
> amputated and fell into a lava river before becoming Darth Vader, for
> god's sake. You don't see him moping around and whining about it.

Are you considering Star Wars to be a historical drama too? Maybe you
really are this stupid. So you think the two situations have the same
bearing on reality. Perfect.

>> She continued, "When I went into hospital a week after shooting BRIDGERTON’
>> Season 1, it was really covered up and kept on the down-low because the show
>> was going to be coming out. In the run-up to the show coming out, I was
>> just coming out from hospital, my Instagram following was going up, I had all
>> these engagements to do."
>
>> "My life was changing drastically overnight and yet there was still no
>> support and there still hasn't been any support all that time. So I was
>> trying really, really hard to act like it was ok and that I could work and
>> that it wasn't a problem," Barker said.
>
> Sounds like a millennial who (typically) believes the world revolves
> around her and is pissed that she was treated like a grown adult and
> expected to deal with her own problems.

Still not sure if you're talking about Gina Carano.

>> "I just want to be honest with everybody, I have been struggling," she said
>> in a May 2022 Instagram video. "So, I'm in the hospital at the minute, I'm
>> gonna get discharged soon and hopefully get to continue with my life and I'm
>> gonna take a little bit of a break from myself."
>>
>> Barker described herself as "just rage-filled, frustrated, angry, you know,
>> all this intergeneration trauma bundled up inside me, and I was carrying the
>> weight of the world on my back."
>
> "Intergeneration trauma"? WTF? Just get over yourself, sweetheart, and
> do your job.

Ah yes, the "pull yourself by the dickstraps whether you have a dick or
not." That never gets old.

文程一

Nov 20, 2023, 9:07:44 PM11/20/23
If your Netflix is also down, here I found a tutorial to fix this issue: https://www.cleverget.com/is-netflix-down-netflix-alternatives-1409.html?ggp=1409