Harry Potter movie makes US$105 million first weekend?

14 views
Skip to first unread message

Alex Cain

unread,
Nov 16, 2001, 3:07:45 AM11/16/01
to
Raymond Chuang wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> Now that HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE will premiere tomorrow on
> around 8,000 screens (including midnight showings tonight), I wonder how
> much will the movie make this weekend?

Enough to where the crap will be shoved down our throats again.

>
> My guess: US$105 million, a record for a "normal" weekend premiere.

Your guess is wrong.

>
> And by the end of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, US$202-US$210 million.

Wrong again. Two for two, care to go for three?

>
> AOL Time Warner must be salivating at this, considering one month from now
> they'll have another potential blockbuster in the first LORD OF THE RINGS
> movie; that may generate around US$210 million by the end of the year.
>
> Time to buy AOL Time Warner stock. :-)
>

No. AOL is sucks.

Fuzzbucket

unread,
Nov 16, 2001, 1:23:20 PM11/16/01
to

"Alex Cain" <alex...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3BF4C8...@yahoo.com...


Not the sort to instigate OT, irrelevant xposts, but what is the Harry
Potter cock. Roald Dahl kicks the living shit out of this HP bollix.


Ruben

unread,
Nov 16, 2001, 9:49:26 AM11/16/01
to

"Alex Cain" <alex...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3BF4C8...@yahoo.com...
> > My guess: US$105 million, a record for a "normal" weekend premiere.
>
> Your guess is wrong.
>

I guess it could be. OR you know it?

> > And by the end of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, US$202-US$210
million.
>
> Wrong again. Two for two, care to go for three?
>

I guess it could be too again. OR you know it? Maybe two two for two. Care
to go for three? ;-)


> > AOL Time Warner must be salivating at this, considering one month from
now
> > they'll have another potential blockbuster in the first LORD OF THE
RINGS
> > movie; that may generate around US$210 million by the end of the year.
> >
> > Time to buy AOL Time Warner stock. :-)
> >
>
> No. AOL is sucks.

That explains why you think so negative about Harry Potter. :-)

Ruben


Alex Cain

unread,
Nov 17, 2001, 1:45:48 AM11/17/01
to
Ruben wrote:
>
> "Alex Cain" <alex...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:3BF4C8...@yahoo.com...
> > > My guess: US$105 million, a record for a "normal" weekend premiere.
> >
> > Your guess is wrong.
> >
>
> I guess it could be. OR you know it?

I've got clairvoyant abilities. Sometimes I can forsee the future.

>
> > > And by the end of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, US$202-US$210
> million.
> >
> > Wrong again. Two for two, care to go for three?
> >
>
> I guess it could be too again. OR you know it?

Yes.


>Maybe two two for two. Care
> to go for three? ;-)
>
> > > AOL Time Warner must be salivating at this, considering one month from
> now
> > > they'll have another potential blockbuster in the first LORD OF THE
> RINGS
> > > movie; that may generate around US$210 million by the end of the year.
> > >
> > > Time to buy AOL Time Warner stock. :-)
> > >
> >
> > No. AOL is sucks.
>
> That explains why you think so negative about Harry Potter. :-)

No, it doesn't.

>
> Ruben

Liam Devlin

unread,
Nov 17, 2001, 4:40:28 AM11/17/01
to
Alex Cain wrote:
>
> Ruben wrote:
> >
> > "Alex Cain" <alex...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:3BF4C8...@yahoo.com...
> > > > My guess: US$105 million, a record for a "normal" weekend premiere.
> > >
> > > Your guess is wrong.
> > >
> >
> > I guess it could be. OR you know it?
>
> I've got clairvoyant abilities. Sometimes I can forsee the future.

Why not point your clairvoyance at your spelling from time to time?

> > > > And by the end of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, US$202-US$210
> > million.
> > >
> > > Wrong again. Two for two, care to go for three?
> > >
> >
> > I guess it could be too again. OR you know it?
>
> Yes.
>
> >Maybe two two for two. Care
> > to go for three? ;-)
> >
> > > > AOL Time Warner must be salivating at this, considering one month from
> > now
> > > > they'll have another potential blockbuster in the first LORD OF THE
> > RINGS
> > > > movie; that may generate around US$210 million by the end of the year.
> > > >
> > > > Time to buy AOL Time Warner stock. :-)
> > > >
> > >
> > > No. AOL is sucks.

"AOL *is* sucks"?

Few things on this planet whinier than a pissed off Trekkie:-)

Alex Cain

unread,
Nov 17, 2001, 9:19:04 PM11/17/01
to
Liam Devlin wrote:
>
> Alex Cain wrote:
> >
> > Ruben wrote:
> > >
> > > "Alex Cain" <alex...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > news:3BF4C8...@yahoo.com...
> > > > > My guess: US$105 million, a record for a "normal" weekend premiere.
> > > >
> > > > Your guess is wrong.
> > > >
> > >
> > > I guess it could be. OR you know it?
> >
> > I've got clairvoyant abilities. Sometimes I can forsee the future.
>
> Why not point your clairvoyance at your spelling from time to time?

Typical human response. Respond with fear and sarcasm to that which you
don't understand.

>
> > > > > And by the end of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, US$202-US$210
> > > million.
> > > >
> > > > Wrong again. Two for two, care to go for three?
> > > >
> > >
> > > I guess it could be too again. OR you know it?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > >Maybe two two for two. Care
> > > to go for three? ;-)
> > >
> > > > > AOL Time Warner must be salivating at this, considering one month from
> > > now
> > > > > they'll have another potential blockbuster in the first LORD OF THE
> > > RINGS
> > > > > movie; that may generate around US$210 million by the end of the year.
> > > > >
> > > > > Time to buy AOL Time Warner stock. :-)
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > No. AOL is sucks.
>
> "AOL *is* sucks"?

Yes. AOL is sucks. What part of this do you not understand?

>
> Few things on this planet whinier than a pissed off Trekkie:-)

Except a stupid Harry Potter fan.

Bob

unread,
Nov 18, 2001, 10:47:26 AM11/18/01
to

Alex Cain wrote:

Horsepucky. Go buy some of their stock. Its going to SOAR again.
Bob

Alex Cain

unread,
Nov 18, 2001, 7:33:33 PM11/18/01
to

No.


> Go buy some of their stock.

HELL no.


> Its going to SOAR again.

No.
> Bob

Bob

unread,
Nov 19, 2001, 8:30:10 AM11/19/01
to

Alex Cain wrote:

The stock I paid $1 K for is now worth $16K, even at current market. And its going
to go up.

Sorry you wont get on the gravy train.
Bob


Alex Cain

unread,
Nov 19, 2001, 9:59:02 PM11/19/01
to

making others laugh at you.

> now worth $16K, even at current market. And its going
> to go up.

more proof people are idiots

Bob

unread,
Nov 19, 2001, 11:50:02 PM11/19/01
to

Alex Cain wrote:

I see you have the same accuracy here as you did in forecasting HP's first weekends
gross.

I love the way you continuously prove that you are a fool.
Bob

Alex Cain

unread,
Nov 20, 2001, 3:38:35 AM11/20/01
to

It didn't make $100 million did it? I was right. You were wrong.


>
> I love the way you continuously prove that I am a fool.

fixed your typo

Bob

unread,
Nov 20, 2001, 8:37:39 AM11/20/01
to

Alex Cain wrote:

> Bob Wrote:
> > > >
> > > > The stock I paid $1 K for is
> > >
> > > making others laugh at you.
> > >
> > > > now worth $16K, even at current market. And its going
> > > > to go up.
> > >
> > > more proof people are idiots
> >
> > I see you have the same accuracy here as you did in forecasting HP's first weekends
> > gross.
>
> It didn't make $100 million did it? I was right. You were wrong.
>
> >
> > I love the way you continuously prove that I am a fool.
>
> fixed your typo

Sigh. Not only are you an ass, you are a childish ass.
You don't even understand what you say, you don't understand why you say it.

Alex Cain, you are a bore. A good troll is at least interesting. Your incredibly dull
responses, such as "no", followed by nothing is indicative of your intelligence. none.

Goodbye, Alex. You are not worth my time. Perhaps you and Speedbyrd can have a
conversation. He's almost up to your level, except that he has more shit-for-words than you
do.
Bob

Daniel Kolle

unread,
Nov 20, 2001, 12:00:57 PM11/20/01
to
Bob <chil...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:<3BF7D80E...@ix.netcom.com>...

> Horsepucky. Go buy some of their stock. Its going to SOAR again.
> Bob

I would not touch AOL stock with a fifty-foot pole.

Bob

unread,
Nov 20, 2001, 2:50:32 PM11/20/01
to

Daniel Kolle wrote:

Stay hungry.
Bob

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages