Three Quarstions for Master Masons

~ Mistress Anne ~

Jan 18, 2001, 4:27:12 PM1/18/01
In article <20010118103638...@ng-cp1.aol.com>,
coo...@aol.comnojunk (G. A. Cook) wrote:

> You also assume that (a) Masons are in the top classes and (2) Masons
support
> blood sports more than others. It has been my experience that the
hunt is more
> of a rural/urban divide than a class divide.

a) Not top, ruling.
2) That nore masons would support blood sports, yes. Why? Because their
Masters do.

Hunting and other blood sports are very markedly a class thing.

Last night in The House of Commons at 22.00 a vote was taken amongst
our elected representatives. Hunting was outlawed by a majority of over
2:1. In democratic Great Britain that means nothing at all without the
approval of the unelected House of Lords. They will not allow this bill
to pass. Everybody knows this. Everybody accepts this. And everybody,
especially our government, is powerless to do anything about it. We
also know that there is a high proportion of Masons amongst the Lords.
Perhaps, in this light, you will see the British as surprisingly
tolerant of Freemasonry. Democracy is doublespeak here. The concept of
the Brits persecuting the Freemasons is the epitome of doublespeak.

--

~ From the pen of Mistress Anne ~

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

PJKG

Jan 18, 2001, 6:44:38 PM1/18/01
Anne,

You spew forth so much garbage about Freemasonry. My Lodge is made up of
mainly ex British Rail employees. Where do you get all your information
from?. No doubt a cocktail of psychotropic drugs and too much lurid sex
with your harem of male slaves. Now do us all a favour and hang up your ISP
connection as you said you would i.e. practice what you preach HARLOT!.

"~ Mistress Anne ~" <mistre...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

J. Otto Tennant

Jan 18, 2001, 7:15:59 PM1/18/01
~ Mistress Anne ~ <mistre...@my-deja.com> writes:

>In article <20010118103638...@ng-cp1.aol.com>,
> coo...@aol.comnojunk (G. A. Cook) wrote:

>> You also assume that (a) Masons are in the top classes and (2) Masons
>support
>> blood sports more than others. It has been my experience that the
>hunt is more
>> of a rural/urban divide than a class divide.

>a) Not top, ruling.
>2) That nore masons would support blood sports, yes. Why? Because their
>Masters do.

>Hunting and other blood sports are very markedly a class thing.

>Last night in The House of Commons at 22.00 a vote was taken amongst
>our elected representatives. Hunting was outlawed by a majority of over
>2:1. In democratic Great Britain that means nothing at all without the
>approval of the unelected House of Lords.

Educate me. I thought that Tony Blair emasculated the House of Lords.
(Seriously. It still exists, but many of the peers are denied a vote.)
I haven't tracked this as closely as I should, but I consider Blair
to be a temporary aberration.

In any case, Mistress Anne, it has been some time since the House
of Lords could actually block legislation. It could *delay*
legislation and hope that Parliament be dissolved; but against
a determined Commons, it is helpless.

I suspect, and I'm sure you will correct me if I am wrong in
my suspision, that this was a private member's bill, not
a government bill. If that is the case, the PM will be quite
happy to bottle the thing up in whatever delay mechanism seems
appropriate. You should be blaming your Prime Minister.

>......................................... They will not allow this bill

>to pass. Everybody knows this. Everybody accepts this. And everybody,
>especially our government, is powerless to do anything about it. We
>also know that there is a high proportion of Masons amongst the Lords.

"High proportion?" How do "we" know this? Frankly, I doubt that
the proportion is much higher than that of the population at large.
And what would be a "high proportion"? In these United States,
fewer than 2% of adult males are Freemasons. I don't know about
the UK, but I would be surprised if it were very much higher.

>Perhaps, in this light, you will see the British as surprisingly
>tolerant of Freemasonry. Democracy is doublespeak here. The concept of
>the Brits persecuting the Freemasons is the epitome of doublespeak.

You really do have a bee in your bonnet. I am beginning to think that
I should encourage you in your anti-Masonry.

Think of the work one does in society as a vector in an n-dimensional
space. That is, every concept you have, every policy you advocate is
in one dimension; the totality form a vector. Some are helpful,
some are not. Your anti-Masonry harms all of the other policies
you have, and, since I suspect I would find all of your other
policies harmful, I should encourage it.

The hate that you indiscriminately spew cannot actually help
your other policies.

--
J.Otto Tennant jo...@pobox.com
Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit.

Diana

Jan 18, 2001, 7:36:02 PM1/18/01
How in the world did the Amethyst get into this cross posting?

Paul Julian Gould

Jan 18, 2001, 7:40:01 PM1/18/01

Who knows?

One question I have, though....

What the heck is a Quarstion?
--
Fraternally and Sincerely,

Paul Julian Gould, MM
Senior Steward
Home Lodge #721 F&AM
Van Nuys, California, USA
Si je dois être damné,
laissez-moi soit damné pour être moi-même.
Omnia quia sunt, lumina sunt
http://home.earthlink.net/~pauljulian
http://www.primenet.com/~martman/ns.html
http://www.calodges.org/no721

Ben Allard

Jan 18, 2001, 8:31:11 PM1/18/01
Diana wrote:

> How in the world did the Amethyst get into this cross posting?

I'm more interested in who the hell decided to post this to AWCDDD.
There's been nothing here but spam and the odd passer-by for months. Could
this mark a turning-point for the old group?

--ben

Naah.

Kirk Richardson

Jan 20, 2001, 11:14:31 PM1/20/01
Probably because this troll known as mistress anne doesn't give a fart where
she posts her mindless drivel.

Sorry to hear your group has been so vacant lately :( hope things pick up.

Kirk

Ben Allard

Jan 20, 2001, 11:53:39 PM1/20/01
Kirk Richardson wrote:
> Sorry to hear your group has been so vacant lately :( hope things pick up.

Oh, it's not mine. I just read it. I was considering salvaging it (ala
Froggy's salvage company), but I'm pretty happy leasing where I am now.

--ben

Paul Julian Gould

Ben Allard

Jan 21, 2001, 1:30:24 AM1/21/01
Paul Julian Gould wrote:
> And folks, I'm _STILL_ trying to find out what a "quarstion" is.
> Sounds like a sub- subatomic particle.

If I recall correctly, it's a hadron that is often used in the manufacture
of certain punctuation and other commercial products.

--ben