More annoying: Wesley Crusher or Harry Potter?

Alex Cain

Nov 16, 2001, 2:08:57 AM11/16/01
Both of them make me feel like caving in their skulls with an
axe handle, but really right now I think Harry Potter is the one
I'd rather have shot out an airlock into the empty void of space.

Nathan Milliron

Nov 16, 2001, 9:36:53 AM11/16/01
Alex Cain <alex...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<3BF4BB...@yahoo.com>...

> Both of them make me feel like caving in their skulls with an
> axe handle, but really right now I think Harry Potter is the one
> I'd rather have shot out an airlock into the empty void of space.

Harry Potter by far. Wesley Crusher has nothing occultic to him.

David Johnston

Nov 16, 2001, 3:59:22 PM11/16/01
On 16 Nov 2001 06:36:53 -0800, namil...@yahoo.com (Nathan Milliron)
wrote:

Like hell he doesn't. Do you think that because magic powers are
dressed up with pseudoscience that they are any less magical?

Jeff Darnell

Nov 16, 2001, 5:55:47 PM11/16/01
namil...@yahoo.com (Nathan Milliron) wrote in message news:<3dc45f6a.01111...@posting.google.com>...

That's what makes Harry Potter far cooler.

I love all these insecure people that can't seem to like anything popular.
How sad.

Jeff

trotsky

Nov 16, 2001, 9:30:44 PM11/16/01

Wouldn't his magic owl save him?

Jon Russell

Nov 16, 2001, 9:50:35 PM11/16/01
I remain ever vigilante and refuse to be distracted from the goal of the
destruction of The Whiney One. Weseal is the one who MUST DIE. I don't
care about Harry Potter. I haven't read the books, my son has but
doesn't prattle on about him. I don't watch much TV as I don't care for
the asinine drivel they call "quality television". I'll probably see the
movie out of curiousity but that's all. Perhaps Harry Potter deserves
the same fate as weseal boy, but we must never forget WUSS MUST BE THE
FIRST TO GO!

Paradox

Nov 16, 2001, 9:51:47 PM11/16/01

"Jeff Darnell" <cpnkir...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

right... and your cool because you follow the crowd?

Tylernt

Nov 16, 2001, 9:52:32 PM11/16/01
> I love all these insecure people that can't seem to like anything popular.
> How sad.

I think it's sad, all of the people following fads like brainless sheep,
incapable of defining their own values. You must have a different definition
of "insecure" than I.

David Johnston

Nov 16, 2001, 9:59:29 PM11/16/01
On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 19:52:32 -0700, "Tylernt"
<tyl...@NOSPAM.bigfoot.com> wrote:

>> I love all these insecure people that can't seem to like anything popular.
>> How sad.
>
>I think it's sad, all of the people following fads like brainless sheep,
>incapable of defining their own values.

Is it your assumption then, that anyone who likes something popular
must like it because of it's popularity?

Alex Cain

Nov 17, 2001, 2:08:21 AM11/17/01

Don't forget those damn nanites.

Alex Cain

Nov 17, 2001, 2:08:38 AM11/17/01

Yes, you are, aren't you?

Alex Cain

Nov 17, 2001, 2:09:17 AM11/17/01

No...he's cool because for once he gets a chance to dress up like a geek
and not end up losing his lunch money.

Alex Cain

Nov 17, 2001, 2:09:50 AM11/17/01

Owls taste like chicken. That answer your question?

The Squire

Nov 17, 2001, 4:11:06 AM11/17/01
I've never read the Harry Potter novels, and don't really care about
the character. But the movie seems interesting, at least the
*universe* it's set in. I'm a fan of the fantasy genre, so I'll
probably go and see it.

<Q appears in a flash of blinding white light, making Harry Potter
nearly pee his pants>

"Haha, you obtuse piece of flotsam!" and snaps his fingers . . .

Juanne Michaud

Nov 17, 2001, 2:10:34 AM11/17/01

Tylernt wrote in message ...
Er... maybe Harry Potter is popular because the stories are GOOD and WELL
WRITTEN?

Alex Cain

Nov 17, 2001, 9:34:22 PM11/17/01

No.

Dwayne Conyers

Nov 18, 2001, 2:11:22 AM11/18/01

> Both of them make me feel like caving in their skulls with an
> axe handle, but really right now I think Harry Potter is the one
> I'd rather have shot out an airlock into the empty void of space.

I'd rather see Colonel Potter...

--

=====================
Vom feuer schmeckt es besser

Dr. Freud

Nov 18, 2001, 2:27:02 AM11/18/01
Berry interrresting! You have decided to bring up 2 adolescent males as
a source of your "hostility".
Now, tell me about your mother.

"Alex Cain" <alex...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

trotsky

Nov 18, 2001, 6:48:59 AM11/18/01

So Jar Jar is an owl, then?

Frank B.

Nov 18, 2001, 9:16:49 AM11/18/01
rgo...@telusplanet.net (David Johnston) wrote in
<3bf5c65f...@news.edmonton.telusplanet.net>:

>Is it your assumption then, that anyone who likes something popular
>must like it because of it's popularity?

Certainly not. Everyone knows that sheeps always follow a shepherd.

Regards,
Frank B.

Tom McCafferty

Nov 18, 2001, 1:56:23 PM11/18/01
Even Wesley is better than Mickey Rooney. Harry Potter is better than
Mickey Mouse.
Wayne Gretzky is better than Mickey Mantle. All three Mickeys can die
die die.

Tylernt

Nov 18, 2001, 3:38:50 PM11/18/01
> >> I love all these insecure people that can't seem to like anything
popular.
> >> How sad.
> >
> >I think it's sad, all of the people following fads like brainless sheep,
> >incapable of defining their own values.
>
> Is it your assumption then, that anyone who likes something popular
> must like it because of it's popularity?

Nah, I was just flaming the original poster for his/her false
generalization, using their own technique against them.

I do find it sad that many people rave about and really get into fads just
because it's the "in" thing to do, though. I'm "secure" enough to make my
own judgements, whether or not it goes along with the crowd. I like to drive
a diesel Volkswagen, which isn't popular, but then I like Star Trek and Star
Wars, which are.

Tylernt

Nov 18, 2001, 3:40:42 PM11/18/01

Mm, maybe. I said nothing about Harry Potter.

Alex Cain

Nov 18, 2001, 7:21:37 PM11/18/01
Dr. Freud wrote:

> Berry interrresting! You have decided to bring up 2 adolescent males as
> a source of your "hostility".
> Now, tell me about your mother.

You obviously don't have a clue. Get lost.

Alex Cain

Nov 18, 2001, 7:23:48 PM11/18/01

No. He's just annoying.

Dr. Freud

Nov 18, 2001, 11:37:47 PM11/18/01
No, I don't think I will troll!
I must've hit close to home. Too bad for you!

"Alex Cain" <alex...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Alex Cain

Nov 19, 2001, 9:56:04 PM11/19/01
Dr. Freud wrote:

> No, I don't think I will troll!
> I must've hit close to home. Too bad for you!

What's a troll?

The Electric Frog

Nov 19, 2001, 10:20:12 PM11/19/01
On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 07:08:57 GMT, Alex Cain <alex...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Both of them make me feel like caving in their skulls with an
>axe handle, but really right now I think Harry Potter is the one
>I'd rather have shot out an airlock into the empty void of space.

Or Alex Cain and his anti Potter posts ?

Alex Cain

Nov 20, 2001, 3:39:20 AM11/20/01

i'm rubber you're glue!

Ryan S Eanes

Nov 20, 2001, 3:58:47 AM11/20/01
> > popular.
> > >
> > >I think it's sad, all of the people following fads like brainless
sheep,
> > >incapable of defining their own values. You must have a different
> > definition
> > >of "insecure" than I.
> > >

> > Er... maybe Harry Potter is popular because the stories are GOOD and
WELL
> > WRITTEN?
>
> No.

Then what's your explanation for its popularity?
Clue: "No" is not the correct answer to this question!

Ryan S Eanes

Nov 20, 2001, 4:05:18 AM11/20/01
> > >Both of them make me feel like caving in their skulls with an
> > >axe handle, but really right now I think Harry Potter is the one
> > >I'd rather have shot out an airlock into the empty void of space.
> >
> > Or Alex Cain and his anti Potter posts ?
>
> i'm rubber you're glue!

Oh wow. That's about as injurious as "sticks and stones may break my
bones..."

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

Nov 20, 2001, 2:22:38 PM11/20/01
even micky mouse?

--
Is a computer without it's case on "Cyber-Porn"?

wey...@ntlworld.com
"Tom McCafferty" <burnaby...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Suzanne Reiser

Nov 27, 2001, 9:29:39 PM11/27/01
Jon Russell wrote:

> I remain ever vigilante and refuse to be distracted from the goal of the
> destruction of The Whiney One. Weseal is the one who MUST DIE. I don't
> care about Harry Potter. I haven't read the books, my son has but
> doesn't prattle on about him. I don't watch much TV as I don't care for
> the asinine drivel they call "quality television". I'll probably see the
> movie out of curiousity but that's all. Perhaps Harry Potter deserves
> the same fate as weseal boy, but we must never forget WUSS MUST BE THE
> FIRST TO GO!

> Alex Cain wrote:
>
> > Both of them make me feel like caving in their skulls with an
> > axe handle, but really right now I think Harry Potter is the one
> > I'd rather have shot out an airlock into the empty void of space.

That's what wrong with America today. That's the exact attitude which the
Columbine murderers had when they shot up their school. Americans are
getting too cynical and cold to realize when something good comes up the
pike. Wesley Crusher embodies all that is genius. Oh, by the way, you
misspelled weasel.