Grey Redemption is now available in the United Kingdom and will be at the London Book Fair in April.

1 view

Scott Covey

Mar 9, 2011, 1:48:52 PM3/9/11
Some of the old timers here on the board will remember posts when I
was doing "research" for this book. Here is a quote from a review, no
it is not from my Mom! LOL! Too be truthful I hope my Mom doesn't read
it. I won't be posting anything more here as I don't want to be
accused of spamming the board. If you want to follow what is going on
feel free to join my fan page on Facebook at Scott D. Covey Author.

Review:

If you’ve ever been curious as to the sort of person who decides
to become a mercenary, you'll want to pick up Scott D Covey’s novel
“Grey Redemption.” Over the years, the field of action might have
shifted from one locale to another. Likewise, the prize might be oil
rather than diamonds. Even the name “mercenary” has fallen out of
favour, for the more politically favourable private security force.
However, what tends to be constant is the character of the men
involved; the trust they have in each other.

“Grey Redemption” is Scott D Covey’s first novel, and that he has
spent time in Africa is evident. That he knows such men is also
obvious. When his characters speak, the dialogue is rich and swift.
The language is real and packs both the humour and the harshness that
one would expect.

The ‘Greys’ are comprised of one white and one black highly
trained soldier. Together, they are greater than the sum of their
parts. Such is the bond between the main character Rhys Munroe and
Sunday. On the surface, Rhys would be the envy of every man and the
"object du desire" of every woman. Despite his wealth, he is
driven to do this job. Why? Why especially is he pulled back to
Africa on what has to be an impossible mission? Years ago, a man he
respected was left in the field and has since rotted in Black Beach
Prison. Suddenly, he receives a phone call from a person whom he
doesn't respect but who has a lot of money and connections.

Rhys finds that he now has the resources at hand to not only
correct a mistake of the past, but also to redeem himself. That is,
if he can trust the people funding the operation. And Rhys is not
given to trusting anybody except his partner. Yet, his partner has a
secret too. Rhys' decision could mean the freedom of a man and a
country.

"Grey Redemption" moves along at a quick pace as it jumps from
one nation to another. Readers will be introduced to new weapons and
a violent but realistic subculture. Mr Covey pulls no punches in
presenting this world; he shows it as it is. It is a highly readable
and enjoyable first novel.

Link for United Kingdom
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grey-Redemption-Scott-D-Covey/dp/1450296386/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1299696093&sr=1-4
Link for the USA