Re: "Why the 3/5ths Compromise Was Anti-Slavery"

Mitch

Nov 27, 2021, 4:17:46 PM11/27/21
On 27 Nov 2021, Rudy Canoza <j...@phendrie.con> posted some
news:oSvoJ.60618$lz3....@fx34.iad:

> On 7/20/2020 4:46 PM, David Hartung wrote:

>>> They should have been the same as similarly situated people in the
>>> south.
>>>
>>> Just stop with the bullshit that the 3/5 compromise was
>>> "anti-slavery." It was not.  It was pro-slavery.
>>
>> As I said, on this subject you are stupid.
>
> No. Concession of defeat noted.
>
> The "compromise" was pro-slavery, in that it gave the slavers
> political power they didn't deserve.

The slavers were profiteering slaves and white Democrats!

During the era of Reconstruction, federal troops stationed in the south
helped secure rights for the newly freed slaves. Hundreds of black men
were elected to southern state legislatures as Republicans, and 22 black
Republicans served in the US Congress by 1900. The Democrats did not elect
a black man to Congress until 1935.

But after Reconstruction ended, when the federal troops went home,
Democrats roared back into power in the South. They quickly reestablished
white supremacy across the region with measures like black codes – laws
that restricted the ability of blacks to own property and run businesses.
And they imposed poll taxes and literacy tests, used to subvert the black
citizen’s right to vote.

And how was all of this enforced? By terror -- much of it instigated by
the Ku Klux Klan, founded by a Democrat, Nathan Bedford Forrest.

Hal Chamberlain

Jun 18, 2022, 11:24:14 PM6/18/22
In article <XRtrK.138551$X_i....@fx18.iad>, notg...@gmail.com says...
>On 7/20/2020 4:46 PM, David Hartung wrote:

>>> They should have been the same as similarly situated people in the south.
>>>
>>> Just stop with the bullshit that the 3/5 compromise was "anti-slavery."
>>> It was
>>> not.  It was pro-slavery.
>>
>> As I said, on this subject you are stupid.
>
>No, I'm right. The 3/5 "compromise" gave the future traitors something they
>didn't deserve based on their committing of a monstrous evil.
>
>It was pro-slavery.

Wrong. Seats and taxes. Learn to read.

Rudy Canoza

Jun 18, 2022, 11:36:05 PM6/18/22
On 6/18/2022 8:24 PM, Neville Chamberlain appeased:
> In article <XRtrK.138551$X_i....@fx18.iad>, notg...@gmail.com says...

>>> As I said, on this subject you are stupid.
>>
>> No, I'm right. The 3/5 "compromise" gave the future traitors something they
>> didn't deserve based on their committing of a monstrous evil.
>>
>> It was pro-slavery.
>
> Wrong.

No, right. The 3/5 "compromise" was pro-slavery. This is not in rational dispute.

governo...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2022, 11:20:28 PM6/19/22
On Sat, 18 Jun 2022 20:24:11 -0700, Hal Chamberlain
<hchamb...@optus.com.au> wrote:

> [...]

They were counted for the purpose of assigning representation in the
house but had no vote.

Swill
--
Fostergate, CattleFuturesgate, Travelgate,
Filegate, Troopergate, Whitewater, BenghaziGate,