Re: Biden / Harris Justice Department Sues Tennessee, Defending HIV Infected Prostitutes

Their decision !

Feb 17, 2024, 6:53:19 PMFeb 17
On 14 Mar 2022, Rudy Canoza <notg...@gmail.com> posted some
news:BBRXJ.192824$aT3.1...@fx09.iad:

> Think of it this way. Defending "HIV Infected Prostitutes" allows
> them to spread an incurable disease and infect many others who may or
> may not deserve to die. It's like fentanyl addiction, except much
> slower and more miserable. Democrats deserve this kind of death.

Bidenland is insane.

In what possible world would you expect the federal government to be
suing a state for prosecuting prostitutes for knowingly infecting their
clients with HIV?

No rational one that is for sure. But in today's America, run by an
administration that worships sexual deviancy, that is what is happening.

The issue is this: Tennessee has a law on the books defining "Aggravated
Prostitution," which is defined as knowingly putting at risk customers
of said prostitutes of contracting HIV.

This does not seem unreasonable to me. If somebody is intentionally
engaging in conduct, especially illegal conduct, that put a person at
risk of a horrible fate, they should be held responsible.

The Justice Department doesn't see it that way. They see this as a
violation of the Americans With Disabilities Act.

The U.S. Department of Justice has sued the State of Tennessee and the
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation over the state’s enforcement of its
aggravated prostitution law.

The suit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of
Tennessee Thursday, comes over two months after the DOJ said the law is
discriminatory against people living with HIV and that it violates the
Americans with Disabilities Act.

“The enforcement of state criminal laws that treat people differently
based on HIV status alone and that are not based on actual risks of
harm, discriminate against people living with HIV,” said Assistant
Attorney General Kristen Clarke of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights
Division in a press release. “People living with HIV should not be
subjected to a different system of justice based on outdated science and
misguided assumptions. This lawsuit reflects the Justice Department’s
commitment to ensuring that people living with HIV are not targeted
because of their disability.”

Good to know that the federal government is focused on the important
thing.

Of course, there is more to this than appears. This lawsuit follows one
that was filed over the same issue by...guess who? Alphabet groups:

It also follows a federal lawsuit filed by multiple organizations —
including the American Civil Liberties Union, the Transgender Law Center
and the ACLU of Tennessee — on behalf of four “Jane Doe” plaintiffs and
OUTMemphis, a local nonprofit that serves the LGBTQ community.

Someone convicted of aggravated prostitution, a Class C felony, in
Tennessee faces between three and 15 years in prison and a fine of up to
$10,000. The DOJ said a person convicted of a misdemeanor for the same
conduct would be sentenced to six months or less in prison and given a
$500 fine.

So, let's get this straight: the Justice Department is backing up a
lawsuit by gay and transgender prostitutes with HIV to ensure that they
can spread a deadly disease without additional consequences.

The elements of this suit are especially bizarre. For instance, they
assert that half of all people with HIV are "virally suppressed,"
meaning they cannot spread the disease. First of all, a 50-50 chance of
spreading AIDS is not good odds, and as importantly, we have no idea
about whether that statistic applies to transgender prostitutes, who may
(obviously) not be as likely to be virally suppressed.

It strikes me as odd that a law like this doesn't apply to anybody who
knowingly spreads a disease. That is such a clear harm to others it
shouldn't even matter if the behavior is attached to another crime or
not.

It is a mystery to me why the Justice Department is spending effort on
this issue.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/02/16/justice-department-sues-tenness
ee-defending-hiv-infected-prostitutes-n3783031