Price gouging from Walmart

slate_leeper

Apr 5, 2020, 9:07:19 AM4/5/20
A couple of days ago I went to the Walmart website to place an order
for some things I need.

One of these things is Taster's Choice House Blend instant coffee,
which comes in seven ounce jars. Three weeks ago that was $8.99 on the
store shelves. Now the cheapest price on the website is over $37
dollars! I did find one "4-pack" for about $10 per bottle, and placed
it in my cart. At checkout I was told "no longer available."

Recently the government recommended face coverings of cloth, such as
neckerchiefs, whenever outdoors. The Walmart website only showed one
neckerchief, for $22! Pretty expensive for a single piece of dyed
cotton.

Talk about taking advantage. What happened to "community support,"
Walmart?

--
Protect your civil rights!
Let the politicians know how you feel.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

micky

Apr 5, 2020, 9:58:22 AM4/5/20
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 05 Apr 2020 09:07:16 -0400, slate_leeper
<lcgh...@xemaps.com> wrote:

>A couple of days ago I went to the Walmart website to place an order
>for some things I need.
>
>One of these things is Taster's Choice House Blend instant coffee,
>which comes in seven ounce jars. Three weeks ago that was $8.99 on the
>store shelves. Now the cheapest price on the website is over $37
>dollars! I did find one "4-pack" for about $10 per bottle, and placed
>it in my cart. At checkout I was told "no longer available."
>
>Recently the government recommended face coverings of cloth, such as
>neckerchiefs, whenever outdoors. The Walmart website only showed one
>neckerchief, for $22! Pretty expensive for a single piece of dyed
>cotton.

On the subject of neckerchiefs, when I had surgery to remove one
parathyroid gland, to keep from getting a scar on my neck, I thouught
I'd look cool like a cowboy with a neckerchief. I looked several places,
including in person, including a western store, and they were all so
small that when tied once, the stubs were only about an inch and a half
long. My neck is not unusually big, and I'm sure my head is a lot
bigger, maybe twice as big around. There is no way it could be tied
around my face, no way the ends would reach other behind my head.

But when you watch cowboy shows, the stubs dangle a foot down from the
knot. Where do cowboys do their shopping?

I eventually found in a drawer a black scarf, probably a girl's, and I
wore it for a couple months. I don't think I have any scar, but I
haven't looked.

Hawk

Apr 5, 2020, 1:04:14 PM4/5/20
On 4/5/2020 9:07 AM, slate_leeper wrote:
> A couple of days ago I went to the Walmart website to place an order
> for some things I need.
>
> One of these things is Taster's Choice House Blend instant coffee,
> which comes in seven ounce jars. Three weeks ago that was $8.99 on the
> store shelves. Now the cheapest price on the website is over $37
> dollars! I did find one "4-pack" for about $10 per bottle, and placed
> it in my cart. At checkout I was told "no longer available."
>
> Recently the government recommended face coverings of cloth, such as
> neckerchiefs, whenever outdoors. The Walmart website only showed one
> neckerchief, for $22! Pretty expensive for a single piece of dyed
> cotton.
>
> Talk about taking advantage. What happened to "community support,"
> Walmart?

Items over 20% above the normal or past prices is considered gouging.
Your state's attorney general should know about it.