Pioneer CLD-505 laserdisc player problem

tho...@msn.com

May 9, 2015, 5:46:30 PM5/9/15
Tried to turn on one day and no power, no lights turn on nothing. Wondering it anyone has any ideas of what the problem could be or it's worth fixing somewhere. Have all original box, owners manual, remote, Microphone (Karaoke, and power cord. Not a scratch on it and will sell it if someone wants to attempt to fix it. It plays both sides of disc. Any ideas?

ms.las...@gmail.com

May 10, 2015, 3:33:25 AM5/10/15
On Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 2:46:30 PM UTC-7, tho...@msn.com wrote:
> Tried to turn on one day and no power, no lights turn on nothing. Wondering it anyone has any ideas of what the problem could be or it's worth fixing somewhere. Have all original box, owners manual, remote, Microphone (Karaoke, and power cord. Not a scratch on it and will sell it if someone wants to attempt to fix it. It plays both sides of disc. Any ideas?

I've fixed a few 504, 505, CLD59 and others with this same PS board. This PS board also has a DIODE bridge that I have seen die. A search thru this archive for DIODE brings up this 15-year-old response below from respected contributor Kurtis Bahr:

>>I'm not positive about the 604 but the 504 has a surge protection diode across the input. The 604 probably has the same power supply. When it blows it shorts and take out the fuse. You can snip the protection diode and replace the fuse and it may be fine. The worst part is moving the gears to get the tray out to replace the fuse. If you are in the northern Virginia area I can help you with this. It's your option on whether to replace the protection diode or leave it out.
Kurtis

McBarron1 wrote:

> Help!
>
> My CLD-604, which has served me very well for the last 5-6 years without a bit
> of trouble, for some reason, cannot be turned on.
>
> Obviously, something is wrong. Anyone know what? Will I be able to get it
> fixed?
>
> Be gentle.

lindsay...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2019, 3:44:08 PM2/12/19
Hi yes I'm in that northern va area
I have that diode issue with a cld 505 and 504 models

If you can help that would be amazing