I can't make a short little clip from M*A*S*H visible to the public on YouTube since the DVD I tried to upload it from is copy protected

Chris Tsao

Mar 19, 2013, 2:43:49 PM3/19/13
I tried to upload a four-minute-and-thirty-six-second scene from the TV show M*A*S*H onto YouTube, and I got a message that says "Acknowledged third party content." This means that there's some kind of copy-protection.

So therefore I'm the only one who can watch the video. Can you please tell me what kind of software I need to get so that I can download this scene from MASH? It's not hurting anyone. The producers etc. wouldn't mind.

Thank you in advance.

nos...@127.0.0.1

Mar 21, 2013, 12:29:07 PM3/21/13

In article <d6eeb682-d322-49d2...@googlegroups.com>,
Chris Tsao <rigid...@aol.com> wrote:
>I tried to upload a four-minute-and-thirty-six-second scene from the TV
>show M*A*S*H onto YouTube, and I got a message that says "Acknowledged
>third party content." This means that there's some kind of
>copy-protection.

No, that isn't what it means.
Google "youtube" "acknowledge third party content" for the explanation.

>So therefore I'm the only one who can watch the video.

The TV series is available to others for purchase or rental in numerous video
formats.

>Can you please
>tell me what kind of software I need to get so that I can download this
>scene from MASH?

DOWNLOAD = transfer file from a host system to your computer or device.
What, exactly are you trying to do?

>It's not hurting anyone. The producers etc. wouldn't mind.

You know that for a fact ... how?

>Thank you in advance.

Why is this so important to you?

Chris Tsao

Mar 22, 2013, 10:46:30 PM3/22/13
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:29:07 PM UTC-4, nos...@127.0.0.1 wrote:
> In article <d6eeb682-d322-49d2...@googlegroups.com>,
>
> Chris Tsao <rigid...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >I tried to upload a four-minute-and-thirty-six-second scene from the TV
>
> >show M*A*S*H onto YouTube, and I got a message that says "Acknowledged
>
> >third party content." This means that there's some kind of
>
> >copy-protection.
>

> No, that isn't what it means.
>
> Google "youtube" "acknowledge third party content" for the explanation.
>

> >So therefore I'm the only one who can watch the video.
>

> The TV series is available to others for purchase or rental in numerous video
>
> formats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1bsPm_q_L4

I just want to put this four-minute scene up.

> >Can you please
>
> >tell me what kind of software I need to get so that I can download this
>
> >scene from MASH?
>

> DOWNLOAD = transfer file from a host system to your computer or device.
>
> What, exactly are you trying to do?

Put a clip from a copy-protected DVD on YouTube.

> >It's not hurting anyone. The producers etc. wouldn't mind.
>

> You know that for a fact ... how?
>

> >Thank you in advance.
>

> Why is this so important to you?

Because the scene in MASH is underrated.

Chris Tsao

May 29, 2013, 1:22:30 AM5/29/13
> > Why is this so important to you?
>

> Because the scene in MASH is underrated.

Now it's cut out of the show. It was on TV Land 8 hours and ten minutes ago and they edited out the scene. I thought it was too easy. When I saw that they were showing MASH about of times in a row, I checked to see if they were showing the episode I need and they were.