Disney Fucked up Armageddon

1 view

Martin

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
I just don't undestand people at Disney, Not only that they release the damn
movies on DVD 2 months later than on VHS, Not only that they don't support
16X9 and for $29.95 they could at least give us some extras!!! Now some of
us say its greed toward people, but what kind of money they could make if
they release a movie after Christmas, what kind of money they make by
releasing the movie On DVD but not yet available on DIVX!! Someone please
explain to me why? and what kind of fucked up people work there. i mean
please $39.95 for SE without 16X9, Universal can do it for $34.95, thank god
they support RSDL because how fucken low can you get.

I apologize for my language but i'm pissed off.

Cthulhu

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
In article <766ilg$2fr$1...@news.megsinet.net>, dvd...@megsinet.net says...

Why is this surprising? Disney's greed for the almighty dollar is
legendary. They will sink to any low as long as it improves their profit
margin. This has been shown by their rabid lawyers who attack anyone
that defies Disney's corporate policies. Ever heard of the case where
that nursery school got sued because of having disney characters painted
on the wall? If you are looking for corporate commandoes willing to go to
any length to further it's own cause look no further than the disney
corporation. The reason they are skimping on the DVD extras now is
probably either to save that extra production cost or to wait a few
months or years before releasing the extra extra special version to rape
you twice.

Cth

Wayne Bundrick

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
Martin wrote in message <766ilg$2fr$1...@news.megsinet.net>...

>I just don't undestand people at Disney, Not only that they release the
damn
>movies on DVD 2 months later than on VHS, Not only that they don't
support
>16X9 and for $29.95 they could at least give us some extras!!!

I've read that it has a teaser, trailer, and Aerosmith video, which for
Disney is more than the usual amount of extras.

--
Wayne Bundrick
w a y n e b @ h o m . n e t

Martin

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
Yes, but if they are so greedy, why they haven't released Armageddon before
Christmas, say on 22nd like Blade. they would have made more money.

Cthulhu wrote in message ...

>In article <766ilg$2fr$1...@news.megsinet.net>, dvd...@megsinet.net says...

>> I just don't undestand people at Disney, Not only that they release the
damn
>> movies on DVD 2 months later than on VHS, Not only that they don't
support

´ceith

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
In article <MPG.10f065f93...@news.earthlink.net>,
evil...@earthlink.net (Cthulhu) wrote:

2¢ Why is this surprising? Disney's greed for the almighty dollar is
2¢ legendary. They will sink to any low as long as it improves their profit
2¢ margin. This has been shown by their rabid lawyers who attack anyone
2¢ that defies Disney's corporate policies. Ever heard of the case where
2¢ that nursery school got sued because of having disney characters painted
2¢ on the wall? If you are looking for corporate commandoes willing to
go to
2¢ any length to further it's own cause look no further than the disney
2¢ corporation. The reason they are skimping on the DVD extras now is
2¢ probably either to save that extra production cost or to wait a few
2¢ months or years before releasing the extra extra special version to rape
2¢ you twice.

This actually means nothing to me since I thought Armageddon sucked anyway
(hince the subject change). Now The Black Hole (which is one movie I do
want) isn't being released by Disney on DVD but is being released by
Anchor Bay. So I don't know which is worse...I'd rather see Dickney
release it than Artifact Bay.

--
Trans-greshén website:
www.theshop.net/trnsgres

ckirby

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
Let's think for a minute, Disney was one of the first to jump on the
D(eivl)VX band wagon. X-mas forces us to purchase on their time table and
most will because it's a need. They will push any format that can guarantee
more money such as the VHS, example: the tape went bad because my kid played
it so much and I had to buy another or the consumer purchases or rents it on
another format because they know DVD owners are collectors and very body
knows that collectors have to have a fix (a purchase) and will buy it and
may just rent it too $$$ if its not available. Their best idea is to screw
the quality and jump on the quantity to get the money by making us buy
twice. O'yeah the extras, 1 year from now they'll bring out a director's
cut and most DVD addicts will buy it because they need it, the fix, and
they'll make even more money off us. They are playing with a stacked deck
of cards and we just have to call it.

DennisGG

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
>Now The Black Hole (which is one movie I do
>want) isn't being released by Disney on DVD but is being released by
>Anchor Bay. So I don't know which is worse...I'd rather see Dickney
>release it than Artifact Bay.

Sorry - off subject but wanted to reply to this...

Actually Anchor Bay did a nice job on Quartermass and the Pit. They are
definitely getting better at it.

Have a blast!

Dennis

To reply by E-mail: Remove the word NOSPAM from the email address.

beg...@total.net

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
to Martin
Because Disney is behind Divx and not DVD

Martin wrote:

> Yes, but if they are so greedy, why they haven't released Armageddon before
> Christmas, say on 22nd like Blade. they would have made more money.
>
> Cthulhu wrote in message ...
> >In article <766ilg$2fr$1...@news.megsinet.net>, dvd...@megsinet.net says...

> >> I just don't undestand people at Disney, Not only that they release the
> damn
> >> movies on DVD 2 months later than on VHS, Not only that they don't
> support
> >> 16X9 and for $29.95 they could at least give us some extras!!! Now some
> of
> >> us say its greed toward people, but what kind of money they could make if
> >> they release a movie after Christmas, what kind of money they make by
> >> releasing the movie On DVD but not yet available on DIVX!! Someone please
> >> explain to me why? and what kind of fucked up people work there. i mean
> >> please $39.95 for SE without 16X9, Universal can do it for $34.95, thank
> god
> >> they support RSDL because how fucken low can you get.
> >>
> >> I apologize for my language but i'm pissed off.
> >>

> > Why is this surprising? Disney's greed for the almighty dollar is

> >legendary. They will sink to any low as long as it improves their profit

> >margin. This has been shown by their rabid lawyers who attack anyone

> >that defies Disney's corporate policies. Ever heard of the case where

> >that nursery school got sued because of having disney characters painted

> >on the wall? If you are looking for corporate commandoes willing to go to

> >any length to further it's own cause look no further than the disney

> >corporation. The reason they are skimping on the DVD extras now is

> >probably either to save that extra production cost or to wait a few

> >months or years before releasing the extra extra special version to rape

> >you twice.
> >
> >Cth

UFWalt

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
Evil Dead 2 looks fantastic by Anchor Bay. Stop bitching about old problems

fri...@sympatico.ca

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
Wayne Bundrick wrote:

> Martin wrote in message <766ilg$2fr$1...@news.megsinet.net>...
> >I just don't undestand people at Disney, Not only that they release the
> damn
> >movies on DVD 2 months later than on VHS, Not only that they don't
> support
> >16X9 and for $29.95 they could at least give us some extras!!!
>
> I've read that it has a teaser, trailer, and Aerosmith video, which for
> Disney is more than the usual amount of extras.

The music video is on the VHS copy.

DAVE
EO

--
***Entertainment Online Update*** Do you like to win? You could. Next
issue discover the details on winning a signed VHS copy of Swirl 360's

Joe

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
On 28 Dec 1998 05:20:55 GMT, ufw...@aol.com (UFWalt) wrote:

>Evil Dead 2 looks fantastic by Anchor Bay. Stop bitching about old problems

Day of the Dead doesn't look fantastic, so I wouldn't call it old problems.
Tombs of the Blind Dead/Return of the Blind Dead doesn't look as good as it
should either. Zombie's another recent one that should have, and could
have, been better.

´ceith

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
In article <19981228002055...@ng96.aol.com>, ufw...@aol.com
(UFWalt) wrote:

2¢ Evil Dead 2 looks fantastic by Anchor Bay. Stop bitching about old
problems

DAY OF THE DEAD is not an old problem considering it came out LAST MONTH
and it is artifact hell.

--
Trans-greshén website:
www.theshop.net/trnsgres

Bryan Hurley

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
In article <not-281298...@peach35.theshop.net>, n...@home.com (´ceith) wrote:
>In article <19981228002055...@ng96.aol.com>, ufw...@aol.com
>(UFWalt) wrote:
>
>2˘ Evil Dead 2 looks fantastic by Anchor Bay. Stop bitching about old
>problems
>
>DAY OF THE DEAD is not an old problem considering it came out LAST MONTH
>and it is artifact hell.

My DOTD disc looks great. Are you sure you didn't just get a bad disc?

Brent Wilkins

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
On Mon, 28 Dec 1998 10:47:15 GMT, j...@nosa.com (Joe) wrote:

>On 28 Dec 1998 05:20:55 GMT, ufw...@aol.com (UFWalt) wrote:
>

>>Evil Dead 2 looks fantastic by Anchor Bay. Stop bitching about old problems
>

>Day of the Dead doesn't look fantastic, so I wouldn't call it old problems.
>Tombs of the Blind Dead/Return of the Blind Dead doesn't look as good as it
>should either. Zombie's another recent one that should have, and could
>have, been better.

Anyone know if the LD of Zombie has the same extras as the DVD? I'm
glad I didn't get the DVD yesterday with all I've rad of it since last
night

Thanks,
Brent

Joe

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
On Mon, 28 Dec 98 21:09:15 GMT, bhu...@vax1.mankato.msus.edu (Bryan
Hurley) wrote:

>>DAY OF THE DEAD is not an old problem considering it came out LAST MONTH
>>and it is artifact hell.
>
>My DOTD disc looks great. Are you sure you didn't just get a bad disc?

I don't think it's his disc. I wasn't happy with DOTD, either. It is a
clean print, but the colors aren't deep and rich and there is grain in
several of the darker scenes.

Joe

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
On Mon, 28 Dec 1998 20:34:15 GMT, bre...@geocities.com (Brent Wilkins)
wrote:

>Anyone know if the LD of Zombie has the same extras as the DVD? I'm
>glad I didn't get the DVD yesterday with all I've rad of it since last
>night

I think Anchor Bay gets an unnecessary bad rap for Zombie. Roan did the
transfer that AB used for the DVD, and from what I read when the LD and DVD
came out, the picture flaws that are present on the DVD also appear on
Roan's LD. Many of those flaws were not Anchor Bay's fault. I read from one
person who compared the two versions that there really isn't any difference
between the LD and DVD quality. I've not compared the two myself.
Regardless, I don't think the Zombie DVD is as bad as some people have
said. It isn't the best DVD I've seen by any means, but it certainly isn't
the worst.

Bng

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
I don't know about extras and greed ..... but after the long wait for the
DVD ..... I think it's worth it ....

the transfer was super rich ..... however the DD5.1 was not really utilised
... in terms of the surround ...compared to other action/sci-fi titles .....
however, the amazing color and cinematography made up for the eyecatching
moments ......

If new editions are to be released later, I'll consider the extras but at
the moment, I'm contented.

Brent Wilkins

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98

Thanks. I guess I'll get the DVD on Wednesday when I go for new
comics. Best Buy had it for $20. On my birthday, my mom said she
wouldn't buy it for me. Wonder if it's the fact my parents are
Southern Baptists, or just how sick the cover looked. Yet she would
have bought me a South Park dvd hehehehe. So I guess Wednesday I'll
be getting Zombie and Small Soldiers from the used CD place if they
found the misfiled disc and remembered to hold it for me.

Brent

l...@mailcity.com

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
In article <769d20$8q7$1...@newton.pacific.net.sg>,

"Bng" <b...@connect.net.au> wrote:
> I don't know about extras and greed ..... but after the long wait for the
> DVD ..... I think it's worth it ....
> If new editions are to be released later, I'll consider the extras but at
> the moment, I'm contented.

It's weird: In an ad sent to video retailers, Disney said that there'd be a
Special Edition announced December 1. Needless to say, they haven't gotten
around to it yet. Perhap they're waiting for the Criterion LD to street
before they do?

Matt

mckenns...@river.it.gvsu.edu

Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
Isn't the criterion LD sue out late this year?? Like Dec?? or something like
that...

--
mckenns...@river.it.gvsu.edu
Remove NOSPAM from address to respond