WooHoo. The Toy on 11/13

IceBlast³

Aug 13, 2001, 10:29:29 AM8/13/01
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-video/index.html

Arriving on 11/13 is Richard Donner's The Toy, starring Richard Pryor and
Jackie Gleason. The release features 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen and full
screen transfers, English and Spanish 2.0 stereo tracks and trailers. Retail
is $24.95.

--

IceBlast
icq# 49909504

das

Aug 13, 2001, 6:37:31 PM8/13/01
I heard it also has scenes from some of Scottie Schwartz's later movies too!

"IceBlast³" <ice....@gte.netDELETETHIS> wrote in message

InstantImpresive

Aug 17, 2001, 4:23:00 AM8/17/01
I don't get why critics totally hated this movie. Ask anyone who was a little
kid in the early 80's and we all have fond memories of this. I remember my
parents always letting me watch Richard Pryor in this movie and Superman 3, but
wouldn't let me watch his "nastier" stand-up films over their dead bodies.
The Toy is not a great movie, but if you were young enough in the early 80's,
this movie brings back fond memories

MST3KPIMP

Aug 17, 2001, 5:28:29 AM8/17/01

>The Toy is not a great movie, but if you were young enough in the early 80's,
>this movie brings back fond memories>

Ya, and that kid went into porn.

dvd...@webtv.net

Aug 17, 2001, 7:01:16 AM8/17/01
ah, yes. I was a kid back then. And I remember liking it. I can't
remember anything that happened in it, but I liked it. I remember it
also starred Jackie Gleason. ( I think).

Derek Janssen

Aug 17, 2001, 8:05:33 PM8/17/01
mikah wrote:

> All I remember thinking is that neither actor was doing what they were
> capable of. And that's at a time when I wasn't very critical of movies.

IIRC, it was the first of Richard Pryor's "cute" kiddy-comedies, after
"Stir Crazy" in '80 and "Bustin' Loose" in '81--
And I remember seeing the slapstick scenes and thinking, "Oh, Rich,
Rich, don't go there..."

Derek Janssen (was it health that ultimately killed his career, or was
it "Moving"?)
dja...@ultranet.com

Edward Jackson

May 31, 2022, 12:39:00 AM5/31/22
Everybody loved this movie but they have been trying to cancel it ever since