DIVX Enhanced DVD Rox!!!!!

DIVXIS4ME

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
We just saw "Alien Resurection" tonight and it's not on basic DVD (ahhha) and
I got it for $4.50 and can watch if forever.Pluse the picture fills my whole
screen, no annoying black bars, what's those about?? I think DIVX is the future
and all you suckers who bought these low end basic DVD players are going to be
left out when DIVX explodes.
When will Warner's and Columbia be releasing discs to DIVX, they would kick
ass.I also want south parks on DIVX to.Divx has a clearer picture than VHS.That
guy at Circuit City was very helpful and pointed me towards some good DIVX
titles like speed, Romy and Michelle, Alien Resurection, Hard Rain etc.I'm
addicted and will be buying more tomorrow.My collection will ROCK.A few people
have written me and expressed support and hopefully we can get a trade network
going.Does BMG have a DIVX/DVD Club?

Down with basic DVD-DIVX Forever.

Your Friend

Owen

alanw

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
You obviously work for Circuit City so I thought you might like to see what
your stock holders think of your stupid format.

Taken from Barrons Market weekly

The worst scenario is that Circuit City keeps spending big bucks in a
fruitless attempt to make Divx take off. A better one is that DVD is such a
success that Circuit City gives up on Divx before pouring more money into
the sinkhole. Explains Katica: "If they quit Divx, I'd be jumping for joy."
So, too, might the stock, which now trades at 33 3/8 up from 32 15/16 a week
ago but down from a summer high of 55.

Low quality DVD right like Zenith and RCA are known for quality. consumer
reports lists Zenith and RCA at the bottom of almost every repair history
chart.

I know you work for CC because nobody fills excited about a format you can't
own. You just keep paying and paying for the same movie over and over again.

If you really liked that movie so much how will you fill next week when you
would like show a friend how great it looks and you realize you have to pay
once more.

CC Trolls must pay $3.25 to post to this group. Post your credit card so we
can charge you. If you like Divx you should like that idea too.

HRimmer

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
>the stock, which now trades at 33 3/8 up from 32 15/16 a week
>ago but down from a summer high of 55.

Gee, makes me kind of hope they keep at it long enough for the stock to reach
about 25 or so.... then buy some stock, they kill the already dead format, and
whammo... stock goes up.

Finally, DIVX makes sense to me now

Aaron B

The Editor

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98

DIVXIS4ME wrote:

>Down with basic DVD-DIVX Forever.

The world is laughing at you.

- The Editor

Robert Griffith

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
You sir, are no ones friend!
DIVXIS4ME <divx...@aol.com> wrote in message 19981104023207...@ng14.aol.com...
Down with basic DVD-DIVX Forever.

Your Friend

Owen

Sam

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
Hmmm, an AOL'er to boot.

Sam....

Chuck Stroud

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98

DIVXIS4ME wrote in message <19981104023207...@ng14.aol.com>...
> We just saw "Alien Resurection" tonight and it's not on basic DVD (ahhha)

but it is on VHS, which is better than DIVX

and
>I got it for $4.50 and can watch if forever.

As long as you pay $4.50 every 48 hours, yes you can watch it forever. Divx
movies only cost $67 per month to rent. What a deal!

Pluse the picture fills my whole
>screen, no annoying black bars, what's those about?? I

It's called letterboxed, it's the way the movie is supposed to be.

>I think DIVX is the future

You thought wrong.

>and all you suckers who bought these low end basic DVD players are going to
be
>left out when DIVX explodes.

At least we'll still have DVD players when DIVX goes out of business next
year. He heee!

> When will Warner's and Columbia be releasing discs to DIVX, they would
kick
>ass.

News flash: THEY WON'T BE!

I also want south parks on DIVX to.

That won't happen either.

Divx has a clearer picture than VHS.

But it's much more expensive and you can't record on it.

That
>guy at Circuit City was very helpful and pointed me towards some good DIVX
>titles like speed, Romy and Michelle, Alien Resurection, Hard Rain etc.I'm
>addicted and will be buying more tomorrow.My collection will ROCK.

Your collection will cost $67 per month per movie!

A few people
>have written me and expressed support and hopefully we can get a trade
network
>going.Does BMG have a DIVX/DVD Club?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAAAA

>Down with basic DVD-DIVX Forever.
>
>Your Friend
>
>Owen

TTTTRRRRRROOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!!!

Michael Terr

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
sorry, but your writing, syntax and basic use of the english language
reminds me that you are an IDIOT!!!

DIVX=IDIOT

DIVXIS4ME wrote in message <19981104023207...@ng14.aol.com>...
> We just saw "Alien Resurection" tonight and it's not on basic DVD (ahhha)

and
>I got it for $4.50 and can watch if forever.Pluse the picture fills my
whole
>screen, no annoying black bars, what's those about?? I think DIVX is the
future

>and all you suckers who bought these low end basic DVD players are going to
be
>left out when DIVX explodes.

> When will Warner's and Columbia be releasing discs to DIVX, they would
kick

>ass.I also want south parks on DIVX to.Divx has a clearer picture than
VHS.That

>guy at Circuit City was very helpful and pointed me towards some good DIVX
>titles like speed, Romy and Michelle, Alien Resurection, Hard Rain etc.I'm

>addicted and will be buying more tomorrow.My collection will ROCK.A few

people
>have written me and expressed support and hopefully we can get a trade
network
>going.Does BMG have a DIVX/DVD Club?

Blue Tao

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
i can't believe you all fall for trolls like this everytime.

Paul

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
>We just saw "Alien Resurection" tonight and it's not on basic DVD (ahhha)

Hey, buttwipe. There are hundreds of movies not available and Divx, and
probably never will be.

>and I got it for $4.50 and can watch if forever.

$4.50 initial purchase + $3.99 * forever = does not compute!!!! Wow,
thousands of $$ spent just to watch a $20 movei

>Pluse the picture fills my whole screen, no annoying black bars, what's
those about?

YEH, what about those? I know I don't like to see the whole movie. Who the
hell does the director think he is, anyway? Trying to put out movies that
are wide enough to see everything!

Crap, I will get those annoying black bars on the top and bottom if I ever
buy HDTV.

Sean Duffy

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
LOOSSSERRRRRRRRRRRRR

DIVXIS4ME <divx...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19981104023207...@ng14.aol.com>...

> We just saw "Alien Resurection" tonight and it's not on basic DVD

(ahhha) and
> I got it for $4.50 and can watch if forever.Pluse the picture fills my
whole

John Fischer

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98

DIVXIS4ME wrote in message <19981104023207...@ng14.aol.com>...

> We just saw "Alien Resurection" tonight and it's not on basic DVD (ahhha)
and
>I got it for $4.50 and can watch if forever.Pluse the picture fills my whole
>screen, no annoying black bars, what's those about?? I think DIVX is the
future
>and all you suckers who bought these low end basic DVD players are going to
be
>left out when DIVX explodes.

Please do not feed the troll.....

He's gonna catch his limit with this stinky bait.

Speedwing

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
You forgot to mention that divx will be out of business by next spring, and all
these nice divx disc will still be useful as
coasters, (a great party item).
CC/Divx is out of money, they have been looking for other investors, but guess
what?
Nobody wants even to hear about it.
Divx the stupidest idea of the century.
CC stock holders will not allow CC to pump anymore money in to this loosing
proposition.
Bye Divx I'll miss you NOT

<<Subject: DIVX Enhanced DVD Rox!!!!!
From: divx...@aol.com (DIVXIS4ME)
Date: Wed, Nov 4, 1998 2:32 AM

<< snip / divx pro bullshit>>

Phantom

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98

>i can't believe you all fall for trolls like this everytime.

Seriously. This guy posts crap like this just to get a rise out of
everyone, and as long as you keep responding he will keep doing it.

IGNORE THE TROLL!

Phantom

Clifford Pennock

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
People on this newsgroup, when will you learn? This guy really has no
intention of making a statement, he just wants to see how many responses
he gets by throwing in some anti-DVD messages in a pro-DVD newsgroup.

If you want to get rid of people like him, but you *do* feel the need to
respond, do what I do: reply to his message but throw the message header
completely around. It's quite annoying to go through the message headers
of this newsgroup and see a big section with only "DIVX ROX! DVD
SUCKS!". It will stick in the mind of those who come to this newsgroup
to make up their mind about which format to buy. On the average, people
read only about 1-2% of all messages, but they will see *every* message
header. So they'll see a large number of PRO DIVX message headers, while
if you change the header, it would be completely buried in all PRO DVD
headers. This way you will also discourage every TROLL out there that
just wants to show his friends how easy it is to upset so many people
with a single message.

--
Men pay two dollar for a one dollar item they really want.
Women pay one dollar for a two dollar item they don't need.

Jeffrey

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
All of those movies will be on DVD before next summer....if I want a
shitty full screen picture....I'll rent the VHS at my local shop for
$1.00. You dont get the movie to watch forever....you get 48
hours....then you will pay again.

Warner and clumbia will never release DIVX....no Gone with the Wind
for you.....all current DIVX titles will come to DVD soon...look at
Paramounts new releases for December.

When you "rent" the DIVX movie...you cant loan it to anyone else
without them paying....even if you upgrade it....your machine is the
only one that unlocks it.....SUCKA.

Jeffman

On 4 Nov 1998 07:32:07 GMT, divx...@aol.com (DIVXIS4ME) wrote:

> We just saw "Alien Resurection" tonight and it's not on basic DVD (ahhha) and
>I got it for $4.50 and can watch if forever.Pluse the picture fills my whole
>screen, no annoying black bars, what's those about?? I think DIVX is the future
>and all you suckers who bought these low end basic DVD players are going to be
>left out when DIVX explodes.

Norman Wilner

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
Scott Lurowist wrote in message <364134a3...@mdnews.btv.ibm.com>...

>On Wed, 4 Nov 1998 08:43:03 -0500, "Chuck Stroud"
><chuc...@NOSPAMgreenwood.net> wrote:
>
>>As long as you pay $4.50 every 48 hours, yes you can watch it forever. Divx
>>movies only cost $67 per month to rent. What a deal!
>
>I have not been following the DIVX debate.
>
> Could you please explain for someone like me how it works. Do I
>understand you correctly when you say that I must pay for every 48
>hours I want to watch it ? If I want to watch just one scene, I must
>pay to watch that one scene ? What if I want to give a buddy a quick 5
>minute demo ? I must pay $4.95 to showe that 5 minute scene ?

Well, it's currently $4.50 if you've never played the disc before, and $3.25 if
it's a repeat play. And you'll still have 47 hours and 55 minutes remaining to
watch the movie in that rental period.

>DIVX is not letterboxed ?

Most Divx discs are full-frame. A few titles have been released, or announced
for release, in widescreen editions, but they're the exception rather than the
rule.

>If these things are true, then DIVX is definitely a bad thing.

That certainly seems to be the consensus around here.

Norm Wilner
Starweek Magazine

PLee

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
Great respose to such a lame and stupid sales speech! I especially like the
following:

Chuck Stroud wrote:

> DIVXIS4ME wrote in message <19981104023207...@ng14.aol.com>...

> > We just saw "Alien Resurection" tonight .......

> >Pluse the picture fills my whole
> >screen, no annoying black bars, what's those about?? I
>

> It's called letterboxed, it's the way the movie is supposed to be.

Any serious movie goer understands the importance of seeing a movie the way
cinematographers intend them to be.
In fact the biggest improvement of home entertainment in the pass couple of
years was not only the introduction
of DVD which brought high quality sound and picture to a lower, more affordable
price for the general home audience to
enjoy, but also the introduction of the "letterboxed" format. It's time the home
audience should be educated and
understood that cinematography is an essential element in movie making. We've
been deprived of for such a long time!PLee

PLee

bryan...@uptronics.com

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
blu...@aol.com (Blue Tao) wrote:
> i can't believe you all fall for trolls like this everytime.

Yeah. The trouble is that in the trolling game, posts like
yours - and now mine - count for just as many points as
those that take it seriously.

--Bryan

John C.

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
The funniest part of all this, is the idiots statements actually trash
DIVX more than DVD.
All of his arguments are so stoopid as to be laughable.
John

jerry russell

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
You buy the disc for $4.95 and the minute that you hit play,you have 48 hours to
watch the movie.After the 48 hours if you want to watch it again,you have to pay
an extra amount of money for another 48 hour period.......so.....if you wanted
to show your friend that 5 minute piece of movie or show off your
player*yuck*you have to pay,and pay.and pay!!
You can if you'd like upgrade certain movie for an extra $15-$20....
What is the point?
Lets say you were unfortunate enough to purchase one of these players and you
buy one movie,one that you really like alot.
You watch it once.$4.95
You watch it again $ 3.95
You decide that you want to upgrade to unlimited viewing...*if the movie can be
upgraded,some titles cannot*..there is another $19.95.
You end up paying as much for that movie if not more than if you would have just
bought it on Dvd.
Plus with Dvd you have Letterbox,and Extra's galore.
DIVX is'nt a very smart decision.Besides you have to hook it up to a phone
line,and you have to give out your credit card number for billing!!They get to
keep a record of every movie that you watch!!..*Big Brother*
imho*

J.R.

Scott Lurowist wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Nov 1998 08:43:03 -0500, "Chuck Stroud"
> <chuc...@NOSPAMgreenwood.net> wrote:
>
> >As long as you pay $4.50 every 48 hours, yes you can watch it forever. Divx
> >movies only cost $67 per month to rent. What a deal!
>
> I have not been following the DIVX debate.
>
> Could you please explain for someone like me how it works. Do I
> understand you correctly when you say that I must pay for every 48
> hours I want to watch it ? If I want to watch just one scene, I must
> pay to watch that one scene ? What if I want to give a buddy a quick 5
> minute demo ? I must pay $4.95 to showe that 5 minute scene ?
>

> DIVX is not letterboxed ?
>

> If these things are true, then DIVX is definitely a bad thing.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Scott Lurowist

Amrik

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
I heard that by end of year (actually a few people mentioned by November
end) DIVX is finished!! Kaput! What will the 432 buyers of DIVX discs
do?? Where will their phone lines connect to for permission to play
discs?? Any truth to above rumor???
Cheers,
Amrik

Remy

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98

Scott Lurowist wrote in message <364134a3...@mdnews.btv.ibm.com>...

>On Wed, 4 Nov 1998 08:43:03 -0500, "Chuck Stroud"
><chuc...@NOSPAMgreenwood.net> wrote:
>
>>As long as you pay $4.50 every 48 hours, yes you can watch it forever.
Divx
>>movies only cost $67 per month to rent. What a deal!
>
>I have not been following the DIVX debate.
>
> Could you please explain for someone like me how it works. Do I
>understand you correctly when you say that I must pay for every 48
>hours I want to watch it ? If I want to watch just one scene, I must
>pay to watch that one scene ? What if I want to give a buddy a quick 5
>minute demo ? I must pay $4.95 to showe that 5 minute scene ?
>
>DIVX is not letterboxed ?
>
>If these things are true, then DIVX is definitely a bad thing.
>

>Thanks,
>
>Scott Lurowist

All of those things are true. Therefore, DIVX is definitely, as you have
wisely realized, a bad thing.

--
Jeremy Mathewson "Remy"
jer...@ici.net

"Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz!"
-Yogurt, the Wise

Kim Wetch

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
Lets give John some parting gifts for playing and being our "Second Runner
Up"! After all John came very close to replying correctly to the original
post. He almost got the correct answer (which of course is: It's easier to
catch a dumb ass in alt.video.dvd than it is a fish in the ocean.) And now
the Grand Prize Winner is .......

Kim

Scott Lurowist

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98

GShan1064

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
>>Your Friend
>>
>>Owen

Hey all, this person has the perfect name for a divx owner , owen' and owen' cc
all the time.

MarkG10568

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
Your screen name is Divix4me? Hmm, and you are heavily promoting Divx. Gee,
could it be possible that you are a Divx plant?

Now I understand CC and Divx's marketing strategy -- you think that all of us
are stupid.

MarkG

Divx -- because we say so.

Quadgrinder

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
On 4 Nov 1998 07:32:07 GMT, divx...@aol.com (DIVXIS4ME) wrote:

> We just saw "Alien Resurection" tonight and it's not on basic DVD (ahhha) and
>I got it for $4.50 and can watch if forever.Pluse the picture fills my whole
>screen, no annoying black bars, what's those about?? I think DIVX is the future
>and all you suckers who bought these low end basic DVD players are going to be
>left out when DIVX explodes.
> When will Warner's and Columbia be releasing discs to DIVX, they would kick
>ass.I also want south parks on DIVX to.Divx has a clearer picture than VHS.That
>guy at Circuit City was very helpful and pointed me towards some good DIVX
>titles like speed, Romy and Michelle, Alien Resurection, Hard Rain etc.I'm
>addicted and will be buying more tomorrow.My collection will ROCK.A few people
>have written me and expressed support and hopefully we can get a trade network
>going.Does BMG have a DIVX/DVD Club?
>
>Down with basic DVD-DIVX Forever.
>
>Your Friend
>
>Owen

If you like DIVx so much, and slam DVD so much, why did you not
just wait for a DIVX only player?

..

>titles like speed, Romy and Michelle, Alien Resurection, Hard Rain etc.I'm
>addicted and will be buying more tomorrow.My collection will ROCK.A few people

Your addicted? sounds more like your swindled!
--------------------------------
Divx: Spam for your home theater
--------------------------------

Mark Holtz

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
You again? Trying to be flame bait? Or practicing for troll of the month?

On 4 Nov 1998 07:32:07 GMT, divx...@aol.com (DIVXIS4ME) wrote:

> We just saw "Alien Resurection" tonight and it's not on basic DVD (ahhha) and

>I got it for $4.50 and can watch it forever.

Uh-huh.

Tell me..... do you intend on spending $3.25 for every 48 hour re-viewing
period? Oh, yeah, you can always convert it to Divx Silver for unlimited
viewing.... ooops, just checked www.divx.com web page, and conversion to Divx
Silver is NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.

>Pluse the picture fills my whole
>screen, no annoying black bars, what's those about??

Please see http://www.cs.tut.fi/~leopold/Ld/FilmToVideo/index.html for a quick
education on widescreen movies, how they are filmed, and how they are
transferred to video. Then, you will understand what you are losing,
picture-wise, when you view a recent film without the "annoying black bars"
AKA pan-and-scan.

>I think DIVX is the future
>and all you suckers who bought these low end basic DVD players are going to be
>left out when DIVX explodes.

We are waiting for Divx to explode.... into a million pieces. What does Divx
give me that VHS rental doesn't? Better picture..... but at what price?

Let's pull out another movie for comparison..... yo! Apollo 13! Step
forward....

Apollo 13 Divx:
* Initial cost: $4.50
* 48-hour re-rental cost: $3.25
* Cost for Divx friend to view on Divx Machine: $3.25 (even if converted to
Divx Silver)
* Conversion to unlimited viewing: $14.99
* Languages: English only
* Subtitles: None!
* Features: Film only in Pan & Scan

Apollo 13 Open DVD:
* Initial cost: $24.95 (reel.com) for unlimited viewings
* You can loan the disc out to a friend for unlimited viewings for nothing
* Languages: English, French, Spanish
* Subtitles: Spanish (also English captions)
* Features:
* Film in widescreen format
* Commentary by Ron Howard (director) and Jim & Marilyn Lowell
* Documentary on the Apollo 13 flight
* Theatrical trailer

Yeah, $24.95 is a lot to pay for a open DVD disc.... but it's a collector's
disc where Universal pulled out all of the stops. Another open DVD, Contact,
goes for $17.99.

And, besides, Contact and Apollo 13 are better movies than Alien Resurrection.
--
"What's the secret behind CHiPs '99?" "The dip."

mho...@bigfoot.com http://www.bigfoot.com/~mholtz

aguacaliente

.--- . ..-. ..-.

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
Troll,

I'm happy that crap like Alien Resurrection isn't on open DVD. That
movie SUUUUCKS.

--- . ..-. ..-.

.-.. --- ... - .. -. ... .--. .- -.-. . ... ..- -.-. -.- ... .-.-.
-.-.-

Scott Lurowist

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
On Thu, 05 Nov 1998 05:20:29 GMT, scottl...@fake.address.com
(Scott Lurowist) wrote:

Thank you to everyone who explained to me how DIVX works. I am
definitely with the rest of you.

Scott Lurowist

Joe L.

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
Wow, This fella just wants some attention.

If he works for CC than he would be stupid to post this crap. He
would be better off reading and listening to what people are saying
about DVD and Dievx.
I must say my two cents worth because I learned a lot from posts
like this.
I really hope that you sober up soon. no one in their right mind
would trade all the goodies available on open DVD for a lame format
like Dievx. Everyone knows that it is dying .(May already be dead)
now all that is left is for these pro-Dievx posters to go off and
start their own group and leave this one for DVD.

BTW, I predict that the Best Buy ad that will come out in the Sunday
paper will show their commitment to Open DVD>

Clyde Sauls

Nov 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/7/98
I just watched Alien Resurrection on PPV on Dish Network only 2.99 and
recorded it on to vcr. I dont have to pay dish 2.99 every time I watch
in a 48 hr period/ Take that at divxis4me. I didnt really watch or
record it not my type of movie. BUT I COULD HAVE. That also is also a
another disadvantage of divx With satellite and even cable the ppv you
dont have to go to CC no returns.no late fees and you dont have to leave
the house.and only 2.99 and recordable on vcr. The picture is ditigal
also. It doesnt have any features but neither does divx

have a great day

PJ

Nov 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/7/98
Exactly why I sold my LD player - also on the Dish, you don't have a
laser flip in the middle of the movie, as with the LD player.

On the other hand, I don't have to rewind a DVD nor do end up with VHS
quality as when taping a movie from the DISH. SVHS was good but DVD
is better.

Are you saying if one could tape a DIVX movie, you'd be happy?

Clyde Sauls wrote in message
<3808-364...@newsd-172.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

I just watched Alien Resurrection on PPV on Dish Network only 2.99 and
recorded it on to vcr. I dont have to pay dish 2.99 every time I watch

in a 48 hr period...

Clyde Sauls

Nov 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/7/98
No, Divx is a bad idea . I am saying besides dvd the satellite dishes
is one other reason divx will die.

have a great day

richar...@hotmail.com

Nov 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/8/98
Am I missing something? The below post looks like someone who is is
anti-Divx, based upon their illogical rantings for DivX.

Hmm... - Richard Hutnik =) (still using a VCR for occational rentals, so
shoot me =)).

In article <19981104023207...@ng14.aol.com>,

divx...@aol.com (DIVXIS4ME) wrote:
> We just saw "Alien Resurection" tonight and it's not on basic DVD (ahhha)
and

> I got it for $4.50 and can watch if forever.Pluse the picture fills my whole
> screen, no annoying black bars, what's those about?? I think DIVX is the
future

> and all you suckers who bought these low end basic DVD players are going to be

> left out when DIVX explodes.

> When will Warner's and Columbia be releasing discs to DIVX, they would kick
> ass.I also want south parks on DIVX to.Divx has a clearer picture than
VHS.That
> guy at Circuit City was very helpful and pointed me towards some good DIVX
> titles like speed, Romy and Michelle, Alien Resurection, Hard Rain etc.I'm
> addicted and will be buying more tomorrow.My collection will ROCK.A few people
> have written me and expressed support and hopefully we can get a trade network
> going.Does BMG have a DIVX/DVD Club?
>
> Down with basic DVD-DIVX Forever.
>
> Your Friend
>
> Owen

sdi...@nowhere.com

Nov 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/8/98
Just ignore them...there is no point in generating a huge thread just
for the idiot whom thinks it's fun...I mean they hide behind their
isp, what more need to be said?

wish...@aol.com

Nov 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/14/98

Just one question, do you work for circuit shitty??

ACR Telecom

Nov 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/16/98

>In article <19981104023207...@ng14.aol.com>,
> divx...@aol.com (DIVXIS4ME) wrote:
>> We just saw "Alien Resurection" tonight and it's not on basic DVD
(ahhha)

Big F-ing deal -- of the Alien series that sucked the worst -- IMHO only
Alien and Aliens are worth pressing disks for anyway!

>>> I got it for $4.50 and can watch if forever.Pluse the picture fills my
whole
>>> screen, no annoying black bars, what's those about??

Is this guy an idiot or what? Yeah -- OK you go with the full screen
version and don't convert to HDTV either, because then you're "full screen"
movies will have annoying bars on the left and right -- what's those about?

>>> titles like speed, Romy and Michelle, Alien Resurection, Hard Rain
etc.I'm
>>> addicted and will be buying more tomorrow.My collection will ROCK.A few
people

Oh yeah -- I think all of those were on the "Top 100" list weren't they!

Susix Kaien

Apr 8, 2021, 4:20:30 AM4/8/21
在 1998年11月16日星期一 UTC+8 下午4:00:00,<ACR Telecom> 写道:
How do I find this? a discussion from 20 years ago