HDTV w/Big Screen & SDTV w/Small Screen

K. B.

Jan 9, 2024, 10:37:19 PMJan 9
Apparently, due to channel sharing and hosting, the video data rate for
the DTV subchannels has been greatly reduced, so much so that the
picture frequently breaks up.

Watching some of the SDTV DTV subchannels on an HDTV (40" in my case),
the poor image quality is distracting.

I plan to watch only the HDTV DTV "sub" channels on my 40" HDTV and the
SDTV subchannels on my small 13" CRT TV (the picture is so small that
the breakup isn't obvious)

Once my 13" TV fails, I'll probably get the smallest LCD TV I can find
(maybe supplied by one of my old ATSC 1.0 DTV STBs), for watching the
SDTV DTV subchannels.

--
Kirk Bayne
alt.video.digital-tv Home Page