ATSC 3.0 - Immersive Audio

K. B.

Jul 20, 2021, 8:21:14 AM7/20/21
<https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/post-and-broadcast/atsc-3-0-to-impact-hollywood>
^^^
ATSC 3.0 can deliver high-quality audio, including immersive formats,
over lower bandwidth

--
Kirk Bayne
alt.video.digital-tv Home Page

Ant

Jul 20, 2021, 11:27:47 PM7/20/21
K. B. <hotmail.com@lis2lis2> wrote:
> <https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/post-and-broadcast/atsc-3-0-to-impact-hollywood>
> ^^^
> ATSC 3.0 can deliver high-quality audio, including immersive formats,
> over lower bandwidth

It won't affects me due to my hearing disability. :P
--
Go LA (NBA)! Oh wait... It had been over a year... Will 2021 repeat 2020? :(
| |o o| |

Chris K-Man

Jul 21, 2021, 5:50:52 AM7/21/21
_________

What, exactly, is their definition of
"immersive"?

K. B.

Jul 21, 2021, 12:58:26 PM7/21/21
to Chris K-Man
On 7/21/2021 4:50 AM, Chris K-Man posted:
> What, exactly, is their definition of
> "immersive"?
<https://www.dolby.com/technologies/dolby-atmos/>

<https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/dolby-atmos%C2%AE-faq.26939/>

The Dolby AC-4 audio codec (an option in ATSC 3.0) can contain Dolby
Atmos content.

I watched the UHD Blu-ray of Total Recall (which has a remixed
soundtrack in Dolby Atmos, which is downmixed to Dolby Surround by my
player) earlier, the Dolby Surround sound was still impressive.

Roger Blake

Jul 21, 2021, 8:36:43 PM7/21/21
On 2021-07-21, Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> It won't affects me due to my hearing disability. :P

My hearing is fine but I have absolutely zero interest in "immersive formats".
The mono speakers in my CRT sets are good enough.

18 Reasons I won't be vaccinated -- https://tinyurl.com/ebty2dx3
Covid vaccines: experimental biology -- https://tinyurl.com/57mncfm5
The fraud of "Climate Change" -- https://RealClimateScience.com
Don't talk to cops! -- https://DontTalkToCops.com

Chris K-Man

Jul 21, 2021, 8:53:01 PM7/21/21
As is the sound on my nearly thirty year old JVC
Pro Logic receiver!

None

Jul 22, 2021, 8:10:37 AM7/22/21
On Wed, 21 Jul 2021 02:50:52 -0700, Theckmah (thekma @ shortbus.edu)
> What, exactly, is their definition of "immersive"?

Rather than asking such a simple question, shouldn't an expert audio-video
genius like you be answering it instead?