Vampires cant exist!

samjor101

Dec 4, 2006, 6:18:20 PM12/4/06
http://www.livescience.com/othernews/061025_vampire_debunk.html

A researcher has come up with some simple math that sucks the life out
of the vampire myth, proving that these highly popular creatures can't
exist.

University of Central Florida physics professor Costas Efthimiou's work
debunks pseudoscientific ideas, such as vampires and zombies, in an
attempt to enhance public literacy. Not only does the public believe in
such topics, but the percentages are at dangerously high level,
Efthimiou told LiveScience.

Legend has it that vampires feed on human blood and once bitten a person
turns into a vampire and starts feasting on the blood of others.

Efthimiou's debunking logic: On Jan 1, 1600, the human population was
536,870,911. If the first vampire came into existence that day and bit
one person a month, there would have been two vampires by Feb. 1, 1600.
A month later there would have been four, and so on. In just
two-and-a-half years the original human population would all have become
vampires with nobody left to feed on.

If mortality rates were taken into consideration, the population would
disappear much faster. Even an unrealistically high reproduction rate
couldn't counteract this effect.

"In the long run, humans cannot survive under these conditions, even if
our population were doubling each month," Efthimiou said. "And doubling
is clearly way beyond the human capacity of reproduction."

So whatever you think you see prowling around on Oct. 31, it most
certainly won't turn you into a vampire.

J. T. Laurie

Dec 4, 2006, 8:58:51 PM12/4/06
pathehtic and not the least bit funny.

"samjor101" <samj...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

samjor101

Dec 6, 2006, 11:55:51 AM12/6/06
It wasn't meant to be funny. Its a perfectly logical answer to the
question of whether or not there are vampires or not.

J. T. Laurie

Dec 6, 2006, 8:47:09 PM12/6/06
there are vampires but there not what they're cracked up to be.

"samjor101" <samj...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

samjor101

Dec 7, 2006, 5:55:43 AM12/7/06
J. T. Laurie wrote:
> there are vampires but there not what they're cracked up to be.

Can you explain yourself a bit better? Am interested to know what a
vampire is and does. Whats the point of a so called vampire?

J. T. Laurie

Dec 11, 2006, 1:43:25 PM12/11/06
its thought to be an actual medical condition. Yes they must drink blood but
only about a shotglass full, and they don't have fangs. Some are very
sensitive to sunlight, but none are allergic unless its an honest food
allergy to garlic or silver. They can't fly, transform into creatures and
they can cross water and be exposed to sunlight. Religious symbols have no
effect on them.
Anything else?

"samjor101" <samj...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

bj_k...@hotmail.com

Dec 11, 2006, 2:20:38 PM12/11/06
J. T. Laurie wrote:
> its thought to be an actual medical condition.

By whom? I've done an extensive search of the medical,
psychological, biological, and educational literature, and the
only references I've found are to "clinical vampires," criminals
who drink or otherwise use the blood of their victims. If
vampirism is an "actual medical condition," where are the
medical references to show it?

> Yes they must drink blood but only about a shotglass full, and they
> don't have fangs. Some are very sensitive to sunlight, but none are
> allergic unless its an honest food allergy to garlic or silver. They can't
> fly, transform into creatures and they can cross water and be
> exposed to sunlight. Religious symbols have no effect on them.

Let's recapitulate. They don't have fangs, may or may not be
sensitive to sun, may or may not have food allergies, can't
fly, can't transform into creatures, can cross water, and are
not sensitive to religious symbols. We might also add that they
aren't dead or undead.

So what are we left with? "Vampires" like to drink small amounts
of blood. People all over the world like the taste of blood...in
blood pudding, blood sausage, blood soup, etc. Does that make
them vampires?

^BJ^

J. T. Laurie

Dec 11, 2006, 2:48:23 PM12/11/06
I have a website that explains it a hell of a lot better than I ever could.
here's the link:
www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com

<bj_k...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

bj_k...@hotmail.com

Dec 11, 2006, 3:13:40 PM12/11/06
J. T. Laurie wrote:
> I have a website that explains it a hell of a lot better than I ever could.
> here's the link:
> www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com

Direct me specifically to the medical references on your site
that confirm "vampirism" as an actual medical condition.

^BJ^

J. T. Laurie

Dec 11, 2006, 7:43:19 PM12/11/06
With all due respect, I am NOT going to lay everything out like a buffet
table. go through and find it if you're so interested. nothing ever ever
comes without a little elbow grease and certainly not on a golden platter.
<bj_k...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

bj_k...@hotmail.com

Dec 11, 2006, 8:21:55 PM12/11/06
J. T. Laurie wrote:
> With all due respect, I am NOT going to lay everything out like a buffet
> table. go through and find it if you're so interested. nothing ever ever
> comes without a little elbow grease and certainly not on a golden platter.

Well, I hoped that, since you claimed vampirism is thought to be
and actual medical condition, you might have something on your
website to substantiate that claim. Obviously, it's not there, or I'm
sure that you'd be very willing to talk about it.

I've been talking with self-professed vampires for over 11 years,
including some high-profile vampires. Many of them have been
honest with me, which I appreciate, and haven't tried to
bamboozle me with flashy websites which don't say much of
anything different than the 100+ vampire websites on the Internet.

The truth about vampirism is that not even the self-professed
vampires know what is happening to them. Some feel compelled
to drink blood; some to leech energy from others. They do it
because, if they don't, they become depressed. They'd like to
believe that it's an actual medical condition, because that's a
lot more palatable than believing they have parasites or
symbionts living in their bodies or that they are descended
from aliens or that they have mutated DNA or that they're
neurotic, psychotic, schizophrenic, and/or delusional. So far,
however, there is nothing to substantiate the claim that it is
an actual medical condition.

The vampires themselves want answers. What is it that makes
them crave blood and/or need to take energy from others or sink
into depressions? Most of the longtime vampires with whom
I've talked express the wish that they were not vampires,
were not caught up in the drink-depression-drink cycle or in
the constant hunt to find reliable donors.

With all due respect, there are no answers on your website for
"real" vampires.

^BJ^

J. T. Laurie

Dec 11, 2006, 11:43:46 PM12/11/06
its not my site...
<bj_k...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

bj_k...@hotmail.com

Dec 12, 2006, 3:33:38 AM12/12/06

Sorry. When you wrote:

>I have a website that explains it a hell of a lot better than I ever could.
>here's the link:

I took it to mean that YOU had a website...apparently, you meant to
say that you KNEW of a website...

^BJ^

Elizabeth Miller

Dec 12, 2006, 6:51:35 AM12/12/06

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 bj_k...@hotmail.com wrote:

> >I have a website that explains it a hell of a lot better than I ever could.
> >here's the link:
>
> I took it to mean that YOU had a website...apparently, you meant to
> say that you KNEW of a website...

Guess it depends on what the meaning of "have" is.... :)

Elizabeth

bj_k...@hotmail.com

Dec 12, 2006, 12:37:24 PM12/12/06

Well, if it's not his/her website, s/he can't be held responsible for
the nonsense posted on it. What s/he CAN be held responsible
for is spreading the nonsense or, at the least, being stupid
enough not to ask questions before buying the nonsense hook,
line, and sinker.

At any rate, it's just another website on which the owner runs off
his/her mouth about what vampires do, can do, can't do, wanna do,
and how to do. Everything is couched in iffy words like "kinda"
or "could be" or "is thought to be." There is no information about
vampirism as an actual medication condition, other than the
standard warnings about diseases like HIV, and the condition
itself is referred to as "it," e.g., "'it' is diluted over
generations." The summation of it all is that "it" is a mystery,
and it's not nice to ask questions about mysteries or expect
rational explanations.

About the only good advice on the website is that the owner
advises people to see a doctor first before concluding that they
have "it."

^BJ^

bj_k...@hotmail.com

Dec 12, 2006, 2:25:32 PM12/12/06
bj_k...@hotmail.com wrote:
>There is no information about vampirism as an actual
> medication condition...

MEDICAL

Why is it that, when you are typing, the mind can see
"medical" but the fingers type "medication"?

^BJ^